Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily International News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    So did Chris Sutton and Winston Bogarde.

Exalted company.
    Sutton was class at blackburn tbf hence why we signed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    C'mon man
    Oh admit it, that was a good one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Sutton was class at blackburn tbf hence why we signed him.
    No he was class at Norwich

That got him the move to Blackburn

There he was average and bludged along with Shearer in an elite team

At Chelsea he was shit and played like Torres did

Banned
    Oh my dear man that wasn't even the best part.

His ability to turn around and scream six shades of shit at his teammates every time he slotted one in his own net was beautiful.

Apparently Arbeloa (a 60x better player) was at fault for many of them.

Dude was a first class clown. I miss him.
    But that the only way to score an og

Blame something else

Scream at the nearest **** and blame them

Did you ever watch Schmeichel play??

Every goal he let in was some **** in his teams fault
    It just wasn't his fault

This is why no one likes sockah fans, especially the ones that think players play for them, or that they are 'owners' of a club.
    An AC Milan fans' group has told Gianluigi Donnarumma they will forgive him if he fires agent Mino Raiola and signs a new contract.

Last week, Raiola told the club that the 18-year-old goalkeeper, who has a year left on his contract, would not be signing a new deal.

But Milan are refusing to sell Donnarumma and have threatened to leave him on the bench for a season.

A statement on the website of the Milan fans from the Curva Sud at the San Siro said: "We know that the last few days must have been difficult, to defend himself from the criticisms and insults he will have received, but when you make vows of love and betray them this is the only way the situation can be.

"Obviously we do not condone any threats, which have nothing to do with the position we are taking.

"Football today is even further detached from people's passion and even closer to people like Raiola; people who are capable of influencing an entire career and clubs' histories without scruple, with just one interest -- their own.

"We still believe there is a chance to put things right, but now it depends on you withdrawing from your affairs with the person who has pushed you to do wrong and ruined your image."

Donnarumma is on international duty with Italy's under-21s, but has not escaped criticism in Poland.

During the opening group game against Denmark on Sunday, fake dollar bills were thrown at him and a banner bearing the name "Dollarumma" was hung behind his goal.

On Monday, Raiola said Milan were responsible for Donnarumma's decision not to extend his contract, but the Milan fans' group said only the agent could be blamed.

"We find it strange that such a competent agent is unable to act in the best interests of his client but has instead destroyed his image in the eyes of all football fans, who now discover that an 18-year-old can show no respect towards the club who launched his career just because of the interest of a man behind him who is promising him mountains of money," the statement said.

"For a sportsman the appreciation of your people has no economic value, and we invite Donnarumma to reflect on what he has deprived himself of for his future career."
    wankers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    This is why no one likes sockah fans, especially the ones that think players play for them, or that they are 'owners' of a club.

wankers.
    Good on them

Keeping the plastic **** honest

Good on them

Keeping the plastic **** honest
    huh?
    plastic players?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

huh?
    plastic players?
    They are pretty flexible in the serie A

What are people's thoughts on the whole Neymar saga.

Football has lost the plot even more than it already has. Concerns are being raised over PSG's ability to balance Fair Play - watch them sell fringe players to other club or even to other clubs they own for inflated fees to balance the books.

I'd suggest Barca fans are feeling akin to Liverpool fans when Torres left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

Football has lost the plot even more than it already has. Concerns are being raised over PSG's ability to balance Fair Play - watch them sell fringe players to other club or even to other clubs they own for inflated fees to balance the books.

Good for the game really

Bloke is a legend and playing for Barca he is lost behind Iniesta and Iniesta and Iniesta and some of those other blokes who play for them

At PSG he going to be the main man
    Judging by the way he has carried the burden of expectation from a young age for the Brazilian NT I sure he will shine like a diamond

Maybe next year is the year we have a bloke on par with the greats of world football through the years like Iniesta Maradona Pele Griff etc were in days gone by

I think the financial fair play is based on : You can't spend more than $30M of your revenues.....It has worked and club's debts are better controlled. However Neymar appears to be a gift to PSG from Qatar.......Which is why La Liga couldn't stop the transfer and had to accept the $222M.... (I'm talking in Euros)
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Concerns are being raised over PSG's ability to balance Fair Play - watch them sell fringe players to other club or even to other clubs they own for inflated fees to balance the books.
    Technically, it's not a transfer. Neymar paid his own contract out with funds he has received to be an ambassador for the World Cup in Qatar and kept the rest for himself.

I think the financial fair play is based on : You can't spend more than $30M of your revenues.....It has worked and club's debts are better controlled. However Neymar appears to be a gift to PSG from Qatar.......Which is why La Liga couldn't stop the transfer and had to accept the $222M.... (I'm talking in Euros)
    Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    Technically, it's not a transfer. Neymar paid his own contract out with funds he has received to be an ambassador for the World Cup in Qatar and kept the rest for himself.
    Wow....there's always a loop
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Man takes new job after receiving better offer from competing company.

thats about it really.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Man takes new job after receiving better offer from competing company.

thats about it really.
    Agreed. The real action will be when Messi and Ronaldo both enter negotiations with their respective clubs as they will no doubt base their claims on what Neymar is getting paid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Agreed. The real action will be when Messi and Ronaldo both enter negotiations with their respective clubs as they will no doubt base their claims on what Neymar is getting paid.
    the only problem will be that Neymar is entering his prime, those other 2 will be signing legacy contracts very much like Kobe Bryants last few years at the Lakers.

What a 'new' team will pay for a past its prime Messi 'should' be way less, especially as the image rights part of it will be tricky. No matter where he ends up Messi will always be seen as a Barca player.
    Ronaldo, not so much.

A top 5 world player moving as they enter their prime is a staggering thought, and obviously worth the gamble to PSG.

just thinking, when was the last time a truly elite player transferred from such a big team at this point in their career?

Maybe Ronaldo from Man U? Zidane from Juve? or even the real Ronaldo to Real?
    Seems like I am WRONG

the only problem will be that Neymar is entering his prime, those other 2 will be signing legacy contracts very much like Kobe Bryants last few years at the Lakers.

What a 'new' team will pay for a past its prime Messi 'should' be way less, especially as the image rights part of it will be tricky. No matter where he ends up Messi will always be seen as a Barca player.
    Ronaldo, not so much.

A top 5 world player moving as they enter their prime is a staggering thought, and obviously worth the gamble to PSG.

just thinking, when was the last time a truly elite player transferred from such a big team at this point in their career?

Maybe Ronaldo from Man U? Zidane from Juve? or even the real Ronaldo to Real?
    Anyone wanting Messi better have 500 mil sitting around
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Would be interesting if Messi ever leaves. Dude doesn't look like he craves attention or relishes the challenge of winning a 3rd tier comp in MLS or China.

Also the legacy aspect of being a one club player would be pretty novel.

Could see him playing a celebration season or 2 back in Argentina but I could also see blokes like him and Iniesta do a Keyser Soze and disappear completely.

and I should qualify that by saying everything I said is based on a perception of Messi developed through the media so he could probably be the exact opposite and play til he's 75 demanding massive money and a guarantee of getting whole back seat on the team bus.

I remember how we all gasped when Gordon McQueen transferred from Leeds to Man U for 495,000 Pounds. These days players could bottle their piss for more money.