Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nibble Nobby's Nuts aka The Morten thread

Did alright last night. could have one if the bicycle came off. was it him that hit the post?

seemed a lot more mobile than Milos meaning we were a lot more threatening in the front third. even enver seemed to have an ok game. ran himself into the ground (he was rooted by the end of the game).

not saying milos didn't give us some good stuff (his defence and press when in defence have always impressed me), but I think I've seen enough to put morten up front for at least next week.

Nobby gained a lot of respect from me last night, he came on hacked some defenders, gave a shit about winning the game and pulled us across the line.
    The team is only half as good when he isn't on the park.

wouldve preferred him to start and clut come off the bench to run at tired defenders

He also tried to stay on his feet after the foul to maybe shoot at goal
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    wouldve preferred him to start and clut come off the bench to run at tired defenders
    They should have both started. Jones got his tactics wrong for WSW. You have to go at them and apply pressure, not sit back and try to soak it up

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Did alright last night. could have one if the bicycle came off. was it him that hit the post?

seemed a lot more mobile than Milos meaning we were a lot more threatening in the front third. even enver seemed to have an ok game. ran himself into the ground (he was rooted by the end of the game).

not saying milos didn't give us some good stuff (his defence and press when in defence have always impressed me), but I think I've seen enough to put morten up front for at least next week.
    Don't pick on Milos or else you will be inviting some serious hate from our resident Plague. Your correct however Milos was average on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Your correct however Milos was average on a good day.
    Your spelling is average on a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Somebody has to finish bottom of the class. I am ok with that. Legible enough you got my point though.

Somebody has to finish bottom of the class. I am ok with that. Legible enough you got my point though.
    Just doing my checks and balances sir. Got to make sure we can all laugh at ourselves before I'll accept any of you criticising the players.

You cool.

Don't pick on Milos or else you will be inviting some serious hate from our resident Plague.
    Just on this though, (because I find some people on here's ability to read the Internet fascinating) is that I don't have a problem with anyone wanting Nobby over Milos. Heck, on the sample size so far I'd prefer Nobby.

But to be fair I have no way to back up my argument other than to say it's my own personal enjoyment.

I had a problem with one persons justification why he was so terrible and the use of one garbage stat to do it.

'Tis all.

Of course we are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Your spelling is average on a good day.
    But Milos are the best drink

back to Nobby
    Last edited by hawk; 26-10-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Cool head by Nordstrand tonight with the layoff, back to goal to set up Stevie Ug.
    Coudda, woudda...shouldda!!!

Morten has finished his time with the club. Signed by Scott Miller in January 2016, Nordstrand made his debut (Player #137) as a substitute against Adelaide in Round 17 at Hunter Stadium. His first start for the club was a memorable one, marked by 2 goals against the Wellington Phoenix, including a wonderful first time strike from outside the box that curled into the far corner. Later that year Norstrand scored a double against the Mariners - including one after 38 seconds - the fastest A-League goal by a Jets player .
    Nordstrand re-signed with the club for the 2016/17 season and scored his first goal for the season against the Mariners to secure a 1-1 draw. He added his name to Jets folklore again with a 94th minute winner to secure a 2-1 win over Adelaide. The Jets never lost when Nordstrand scored in a match.

Nordstrand made 34 appearances during his time with the club, scoring 7 goals and providing 4 assists. He scored a goal every 344 minutes and is the =14th highest scorer in Jets history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Morten has finished his time with the club. Signed by Scott Miller in January 2016, Nordstrand made his debut (Player #137) as a substitute against Adelaide in Round 17 at Hunter Stadium. His first start for the club was a memorable one, marked by 2 goals against the Wellington Phoenix, including a wonderful first time strike from outside the box that curled into the far corner. Later that year Norstrand scored a double against the Mariners - including one after 38 seconds - the fastest A-League goal by a Jets player .
    Nordstrand re-signed with the club for the 2016/17 season and scored his first goal for the season against the Mariners to secure a 1-1 draw. He added his name to Jets folklore again with a 94th minute winner to secure a 2-1 win over Adelaide. The Jets never lost when Nordstrand scored in a match.

Nordstrand made 34 appearances during his time with the club, scoring 7 goals and providing 4 assists. He scored a goal every 344 minutes and is the =14th highest scorer in Jets history.
    Brilliant stats as per normal from the Director.

Hi Mr Pool if it's easy to see can you please post the names of the 13th and 15th highest scorers in Jets history. I want a giggle it's been a long day.

Cheers,
    Plague.

Hi Mr Pool if it's easy to see can you please post the names of the 13th and 15th highest scorers in Jets history. I want a giggle it's been a long day.

Cheers,
    Plague.
    better yet, time to resurrect the stats guessing thread he had going a while back.

Farewell, Mordstrang. This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

Cheers,
    Plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I'm actually serious.
    I just have a feeling those names are legit going to give us a giggle and provide absolutely no context at all as to how good a finisher Nobby was.