Page 53 of 242 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 4838

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

  1. #1041
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,318
    that's exactly my point about Islamic State

    all religions who tell others what to do because their particular bookie wook says to (or rather the way they chose to interpret what the goat ****ers who wrote their books said) are the same - the religion you were indoctrinated to should have no impact on other peoples lives

    how would you like it if these Islamic State types told you who you could and couldn't marry? it is exactly the same thing

  2. #1042
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,369
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    that's exactly my point about Islamic State

    all religions who tell others what to do because their particular bookie wook says to (or rather the way they chose to interpret what the goat ****ers who wrote their books said) are the same - the religion you were indoctrinated to should have no impact on other peoples lives

    how would you like it if these Islamic State types told you who you could and couldn't marry? it is exactly the same thing
    As for them I have a completely different view on them and their beliefs. I believe they are not far off the mark but their view is slightly off tangent from mine. They believe in a bloke who was around 600years after JC and have basically twisted my book from what it is to include him and his take on things.

    Basically rewritten history to include him in it.

    No one in my religion is telling anyone what to do.
    We believe in the word of god. We also will protect it from being corrupted and twisted by non believers

    You do what you like. We believe you will be judged accordingly by god for it.Your choice in the matter. Quite frankly I don't give a **** what you decide
    The only ones fearful of being told they are spending an eternal life time in hell are the non believers anyway. I end up spending a life time in hell it will be because god judged me accordingly and not because I didn't believe
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  3. #1043
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,318
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    No one in my religion is telling anyone what to do.
    so you're saying you're for gay marriage then?

    because that would be quite different from all the other nonce-sense that you've been spouting about how religion should tell people who can and can't marry

  4. #1044
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,318
    baz will like this, it has dachshunds in it

  5. #1045
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,369
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    so you're saying you're for gay marriage then?

    because that would be quite different from all the other nonce-sense that you've been spouting about how religion should tell people who can and can't marry
    No why would I be for gay marriage??

    I ain't telling anyone who can and can't get married.

    I am telling you marriage is a significant thing for religious people.
    I am reminding you religion does not endorse homosexuality

    I am reminding you not to ****ing corrupt my religion with bullshit that goes against the grain of what I believe and then chooses to feel they are entitled to do so.

    Civil Unions exist. The government accepts them

    Adam and Steve can knock themselves out with them for all I care. **** off and leave what is ours alone
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  6. #1046
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,318
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I ain't telling anyone who can and can't get married.
    yes you are, that is exactly what you are doing

    you are using your religion to tell people that they are not allowed to marry

    marriage does not belong to religion, so leave your religious nonsense out of this argument on law and equality

  7. #1047
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,907
    i personally think the 'marriage' debate and who owns it was lost many years ago when they introduced civil ceremonies.
    if the definition of marriage was so important why did it seem to slip through when our society and especially civic leaders were wayyyyyyyyyyy more conservative and god fearing than they are now?

    this is way more about being anti homosexual than the definition of the word.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  8. #1048
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I do find the whole debate rather laughable.

    The gay community and their actions go completely against the church and its beliefs in god.

    The gay community then feel that they have some sort of divine right to be included in what is regarded as an important part of what is actually a practice deeply intertwined with religion.

    Considering their sins go completely against the word of god the arrogance is astounding.

    What is even sadder is the bit they wish to change is the marriage act. An act of parliament that was established to recognise a marriage between man and wife in common law which also took into account and accepted traditions tied back to the church and God by government act

    Does seem rather bizarre that they want a piece of religions offerings but won't actually accept religions offerings fully.

    Then again the whole thing is really just a leftist stunt to legitimise a practice that most involved are ashamed to be open about and also to their grander plan to eradicate religion all together

    As for the first person that mentions equality. Spare me the bullshit. Of all the issues in this land involving equality this is the least deserving of any attention yet for some reason it gets the most attention
    what's laughable is that you are laying claim to the "fact" that marriage is only a religious practice, and furthermore a christian practice.

    marriage has been a huge part of life for people of all cultures and beliefs since the dawn of civilisation.

    and yeah, who needs equality hey? let's cut more funding for indigenous programs while we're at it!
    Last edited by parksey; 29-05-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  9. #1049
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,907
    im also annoyed at how much hate Abbott gets over this, especially from the usual suspects.
    i thought he has been quite dignified and open about his beliefs. if we agree with them or not then so what. the bloke has an honest assessment and has told the public what his view is.

    contrast that to the last time the vote came in with Gillard and Rudd flying the flag and hugging it out with Penny Wong in the press but then when it went to a vote they cowered behind the house and voted no.

    ill take an honest* bloke who i disagree with over a ****ing hypocrite any day of the week.
    i also believe if the bill was held off a bit longer the Libs would allow a conscience vote. i can't see the Cabinet changing their mind in a week or so though.



    *honest on this issue
    Last edited by plague; 29-05-2015 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  10. #1050
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,907
    for the record the 2012 marriage equality bill was defeated 98-42 in the house of reps, and defeated 41-26 in the senate.
    BOTH houses were controlled by the Labor party/greens.
    to make this 'all Tony Abbotts fault' is misleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  11. #1051
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    yeah tony abbott is obviously a fool but this shouldn't totally be put on him.

    i must admit this move by labor reeks of a popularity stunt with it being hot on the heels of the irish vote. as plague said, the last labor government had their chance and shat themselves.

    oh well, the important thing is it's on the table now and hopefully common sense prevails this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  12. #1052
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,318
    who said it was about Tony Abbott?

  13. #1053
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,907
    yep, other big mouths on the comrades who shat the bed last time Chris Bowen, Tony Burke, Wayne Swann are all now "yo, we down with the fags yo".

    also remember that the moral crusader Bill Shorten himself once had a press conference at midday pledging full support for Gillard then had her knifed out of office by kickoff in the State of Origin that same night.

    i have a lot of respect for Ed Husic though. he is a devout Muslim but has openly stated he will vote for marriage equality even though he knows it will cause a backlash in his family and local community based on his religion. he just believes that it is the right thing to do.

    id vote Labor if Husic was in charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  14. #1054
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,907
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    who said it was about Tony Abbott?
    everyone on the other side of the house.
    'usual suspects' referred to the media darlings residing up on Mt Pious.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  15. #1055
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,318
    as in folks taking political sides on this? or just using the argument as a stick to beat their enemies?

    I haven't seen to much of that to be honest - though it does feel weird to be on the same side of an argument as Alan Jones and David Leyonhjelm

  16. #1056
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,907
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    as in folks taking political sides on this? or just using the argument as a stick to beat their enemies?

    I haven't seen to much of that to be honest - though it does feel weird to be on the same side of an argument as Alan Jones and David Leyonhjelm
    oh yeah absolutely its been a lot of playing politics. id have thought though that the way to gather support would be to focus on the libs who have embraced the yes vote rather than shame the ones who haven't. if people see the likes of Turnbull and Sinodinis etc standing up and saying they were supporting it you may have more chance of getting people off the fence.

    when your Getups and your hipster panelist dudes centre the argument on Tony Abbott rather than the libs or 'conservative views' in general to me it comes across as petty.
    especially when the finger of shame seemingly missed the likes of Gillard/Rudd etc when they said no.


    but aside from that your point about Alan Jones was bang on. this has been the slowest walk out of the closet in history.


    almost there Alan........almost there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  17. #1057
    Senior Member Premy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,814
    Member I would love to know your thoughts and your books depiction on Charles Darwins theory of Evolution?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

  18. #1058
    Occasional Podcaster furns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Branxton
    Posts
    4,940
    As if discussing politics wasn't bad enough, people had to go and introduce religion into the same discussion thread.

    Considering renaming this Politics & Religion - Ideology Deathmatch within
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

  19. #1059
    Senior Member Blackmac79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,932
    God created the world in 7 days, we are told so by a man who lived several thousand years after the fact, of course your most stringent of Christian's believe that the world is about 7-10,000 years old.

    The more liberal of the fraternity are able to see that perhaps stories written by Moses were infact just that to tell a story that would keep children in line...
    Go jetties

  20. #1060
    Senior Member Blackmac79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,932
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    As if discussing politics wasn't bad enough, people had to go and introduce religion into the same discussion thread.

    Considering renaming this Politics & Religion - Ideology Deathmatch within
    Politics and Religion are intertwined!

    MFSK has told us so.
    Go jetties

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •