Page 96 of 242 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I'd much rather people spend more time fixing the problem and addressing the real issue rather than thinking filters and hashtags are a legit substitute.
    So you thinking the real issue here is that the particular religion is stuck in the stone ages??

Not wanting to get us all back on religion but reality suggests that other religions can more or less coexist despite their differences

Yet we have one much publicised one who doesn't wish to coexist

To me there is a massive problem there that will never go away as it requires change from within that religion to achieve and this religion is much more set in its ways than other religions out there

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    tell us what the real issue is plague
    Big chance for emaciated Gen y junkies to contribute to society. Have a real go, take on and smash the world, come home heroes, get defence housing.

Then spruik how you are boss of gen x's (they rode on the boomers tails) cmooooon!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So you thinking the real issue here is that the particular religion is stuck in the stone ages??

Not wanting to get us all back on religion but reality suggests that other religions can more or less coexist despite their differences

Yet we have one much publicised one who doesn't wish to coexist

To me there is a massive problem there that will never go away as it requires change from within that religion to achieve and this religion is much more set in its ways than other religions out there
    Wait, what religion are you talking about?

Bigoted people hide behind religion (any cause/trend really) and use it to justify whatever shit they are pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

Bigoted people hide behind religion (any cause/trend really) and use it to justify whatever shit they are pushing.
    i thought it was quite obvious he was talking about the inability of religion to adapt to the gay marriage issue.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

but anyway before this turns into another religion thread, Donald Trump has just announce that certain umbrellas will not be allowed in to the USA until they can work out whats going on.

#notallumbrellas
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Then spruik how you are boss of gen x's (they rode on the boomers tails) cmooooon!
    hey man, gen-xer's invented grunge music and snowboarding.
    Seems like I am WRONG

bigoted pricks hide within the greens too

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    bigoted pricks hide within the greens too
    Yep, agreed.

Banned

I would have thought it was pretty obvious but anyway

I would be talking about the one where they started it a while after the 2 other noted Abrahmic religions were well established and some bloke got written in as the hero

Like me making a remake of Star Wars E4 and writing myself in as the main character and relegating Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader to roles as extras.

To think that this is just the act of bigoted people hiding behind religion is such a naĂ¯ve view it ain't worth discussing.
    There are that many dumb ****s with no education and an inability to think for themselves who support these people morally if not physically. To call someone a bigot when they not know better or are in not in any position to think for themselves is pretty arrogantly dismissive of them

Banned
    i thought it was quite obvious he was talking about the inability of religion to adapt to the gay marriage issue.
    Reason I couldn't give two ****s about it is to me a non issue but just some garbage dished up by leftist fools

Want a legitimate issue this country needs dealing with

You as an Australian citizen canmarry a foreign WOMAN and have children etc and be legally be recognised as man and wife by this country.

Your wife as they were born outside of this country has zero rights to come here and you can't live as a family together

You want to do this and the ****s in Canberra want to subject you if you are succesful in your application that limit their ability to work and contribute to your financial situation.

That is after the ****ers charge you a 10k application fee for the privilege of applying which is non refundable if it gets knocked back

That to me is a real issue in this country.

Not garbage like whether Adam and Steve can get married or not

hey man, i genuinely feel sorry for anyone in that position. I've had one mate of mine go through it and another just about to start the process.
    but i also feel sorry for people who can't marry the one they love.
    and i also feel sorry for people who get blown up checking in for a flight.

and whether these things are done because of bigotry, outdated beliefs or just plain ignorance, it doesn't mean we can't tackle a few issues all at once.

cause don't all those people have the right to live the way they want as long as it doesn't harm others?
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Difference is Plague in my scenario the person's are already married

Difference is Plague in my scenario the person's are already married
    No, in your scenario you don't understand why some simple procedure involves such a long drawn out process that may or may not be resolved in your favour.
    You also don't see why the people who's decision it ultimately is have such an aversion to letting 2 people who want to be together just get on with their lives.

You also don't understand that this is exactly the same issue the gays have in their lives.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    ****ing lol. I wonder if the member will learn anything from this

scrap that

Banned
    No, in your scenario you don't understand why some simple procedure involves such a long drawn out process that may or may not be resolved in your favour.
    You also don't see why the people who's decision it ultimately is have such an aversion to letting 2 people who want to be together just get on with their lives.

You also don't understand that this is exactly the same issue the gays have in their lives.
    You can dress it up however you like to try and make out it is the same thing

It isn't

An Australian citizen married to a foreign citizen of a different sex is being victimised financially and restricted from living the life they could by government officials

These two are legally entitled to be married under the current laws and are just being victimised by bureaucratic bullshit

Your example of two people of the same sex being prevented from being married is not even close to being the same. For a start the law doesn't recognise marriage between 2 people of the same sex

What is even more moronic is the government will at least recognise the marriage between an Aussie citizen and a foreign citizen as legitimate as long as it has been legally done in the correct manner

Then they victimise them with 10k fee for an application

Enlighten me as to what the **** the 10k is for to approve or deny the request??

Enlighten me as to why their is a pressing need to prevent Australian citizens from marrying a non Australuan citizen??

Enligthen me why their is this much scrutiny when any ****wit can buy a plane ticket here and get a tourist visa in to the country and then are free to do whatever they ****ing like??

Enlighten me as to why their is this much scrutiny on someone in this situation yet we will let any one with the cash to buy the visa anyway by offering an alternate visa for the wealthy??

Enligthen me as to why their is this much scrutiny on someone in this situation yet we accept scores of immigration that offer nothing to this country??

Don't even get me started on the cowardly treatment from our government that is only amplified more when the man and woman have children together and that is added to the equation.

No Plague it should be much simpler.
    It not even a case where couple can show marriage paperwork are of reasonable character is no criminal convictions and they can show an ability to support themselves.

The thieving pricks at the government wish to profit from it by discrimination

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    ****ing lol. I wonder if the member will learn anything from this
    Seems like that's a 'no' there Mr Bazzle.

You can dress it up however you like to try and make out it is the same thing

It isn't

An Australian citizen married to a foreign citizen of a different sex is being victimised financially and restricted from living the life they could by government officials

These two are legally entitled to be married under the current laws and are just being victimised by bureaucratic bullshit

Your example of two people of the same sex being prevented from being married is not even close to being the same. For a start the law doesn't recognise marriage between 2 people of the same sex

What is even more moronic is the government will at least recognise the marriage between an Aussie citizen and a foreign citizen as legitimate as long as it has been legally done in the correct manner

Then they victimise them with 10k fee for an application

Enlighten me as to what the **** the 10k is for to approve or deny the request??

Enlighten me as to why their is a pressing need to prevent Australian citizens from marrying a non Australuan citizen??

Enligthen me why their is this much scrutiny when any ****wit can buy a plane ticket here and get a tourist visa in to the country and then are free to do whatever they ****ing like??

Enlighten me as to why their is this much scrutiny on someone in this situation yet we will let any one with the cash to buy the visa anyway by offering an alternate visa for the wealthy??

Enligthen me as to why their is this much scrutiny on someone in this situation yet we accept scores of immigration that offer nothing to this country??

Don't even get me started on the cowardly treatment from our government that is only amplified more when the man and woman have children together and that is added to the equation.

No Plague it should be much simpler.
    It not even a case where couple can show marriage paperwork are of reasonable character is no criminal convictions and they can show an ability to support themselves.

The thieving pricks at the government wish to profit from it by discrimination
    So what you're saying is that government bureaucracy is preventing you from fulfilling your relationship desires so your spouse can be treated the same as everyone else?

Is that what you're saying?
    Because that's what I think you're saying.

You are allowed to show empathy for more than one cause at a time, just don't let your personal hang ups cloud your thinking. I know you're smarter than that.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    maybe if this country wasn't run by right-wing christians who are only concerned about keeping 'straya straight, white and boring, while continuing to line their pockets with regular joe's hard-earned we'd see some real progress happening with the member's love life.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    maybe if this country wasn't run by right-wing christians who are only concerned about keeping 'straya straight, white and boring, while continuing to line their pockets with regular joe's hard-earned we'd see some real progress happening with the member's love life.
    As for my love life.

I on the run from her as we speak.

It kaput

we'd see some real progress happening with the member's love life.
    With all due respect anyone wanting to 'see' anything to do with the Members love life needs to get help.

Besides remember when we had an atheist PM who voted against gay marriage on a conscious vote of all things.