Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Socceroos Friendlies

Bresc makes us look infinitely better, agreed.

That was a much better performance than I was expecting when I got out of bed this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    We are so much better when bresciano is on the field
    always been

Taggz put himself about a bit in his short cameo but received zero service
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    matthew leckie is the shittest khunt
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    yep
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I don't see the Leckie hype, still. Kruse I can see and have seen and we miss him massively on the right... but Leckie does nothing for me. Halloran was even worse when he came on, somehow.

Halloran has looked fine, he just had a nightmare appearence.
    Davidson had one in his first Socceroos game, and look where he is now.

I am not a fan of Leckie being played wide, but he is never going to be played central with Sir Timmy there. I would prefer Rukavytsya out wide, but he appears to have disappeared of the face of the football planet.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Oh, I don't disagree that Halloran has something about him... but he had a horror show tonight. That touch out for a goal kick was almost as good as Carle's attempted rabona.

We are so much better when bresciano is on the field
    ^^^^ this by a bazillion.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

The two fullbacks kept them onside didn't they? spiranovic and wilkinson were doing a good job marking empty space.
    regardless of where he was standing or who he was marking, any goal that goes in is on him, and ultimately the coach that keeps ****ing picking him.

Ange out.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

all you ever hear about is is "how fast" Leckie is, but all he does is run really fast to the ball then give it away or do something else equally retarded.

Leckie out.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Bresc makes us look infinitely better, agreed.

That was a much better performance than I was expecting when I got out of bed this morning.
    I think Ang has it just right. Bresch is not defensively strong enough nor has the legs to play in a 3 man midfield for 90 mins. But bring him on late in the game to open up defenses. Tommy Oar was very good, covered the ground well and looked great with the ball at his feet. Not bad for first game at 10.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    I think Ang has it just right. Bresch is not defensively strong enough nor has the legs to play in a 3 man midfield for 90 mins. But bring him on late in the game to open up defenses. Tommy Oar was very good, covered the ground well and looked great with the ball at his feet. Not bad for first game at 10.
    Not his first game at 10 unless you mean for the NT. He has apparently played at the point in a midfield diamond for Utrecht half a dozen times this season. Dunno how true that is though.

Also, FFS... what is with the massive number of ****ing braindead knobs who don't have a clue about football? So many people on FB/twitter/other foz's going on about how we played so much shitty long ball for wingers to chase. Did anyone for a moment stop to think about how Chile play? It's pretty ****ing obvious that Ange has gone "you know what... we might struggle to play possession against Chile. They throw numbers forward. Maybe I can set up like MV and look to counter quickly with fast wide players".

Not ****ing rocket science, khuuuuuunts.

Lol at grim expecting educated football comments to appear on social network sites.

Facebook is not the blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Lol at grim expecting educated football comments to appear on social network sites.
    Facebook is not the blizzard
    Not just there... EVERYWHERE. Even from people that up until recently had appeared to have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Not his first game at 10 unless you mean for the NT. He has apparently played at the point in a midfield diamond for Utrecht half a dozen times this season. Dunno how true that is though.

Also, FFS... what is with the massive number of ****ing braindead knobs who don't have a clue about football? So many people on FB/twitter/other foz's going on about how we played so much shitty long ball for wingers to chase. Did anyone for a moment stop to think about how Chile play? It's pretty ****ing obvious that Ange has gone "you know what... we might struggle to play possession against Chile. They throw numbers forward. Maybe I can set up like MV and look to counter quickly with fast wide players".

Not ****ing rocket science, khuuuuuunts.
    I meant for the NT. We are going to have to defend long periods of each game and I can see why Ang wants young, fit and fast players.

Against Chile we have a good chance if we can defend well. Chile are going to throw everything at us but they play a flat back four that Egypt exposed twice in the first 30mins of their recent friendly.

I would, dare I say it, start Taggz upfront for this game

I could understand not playing Taggart if there was an alternative to him, but we really have got no other guys who are true strikers. One thing in both the South Africa and the game today, is that we don't look overly dangerous in front of goals. Taggart, regardless of the fact that he is young and mostly inexperienced, proved for a whole season that he could score goals, yet he gets all of about 8 minutes to play. If you had Bresc giving him through balls and someone giving him good crosses or good passes running in from the wings then he could definitely do some damage to any teams defence, even Spains.

Don't want chile to see him though..... Until kickoff

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    i'd love for ange to **** leckie off but i can't really think of any alternatives considering the squad we have.

not bringing brillante or wilkshire was a mistake. i'd much rather start with franjic higher instead of vidosic/leckie/halloran and have one of those previously mentioned at rb. halloran has showed genuine promise but the other two just don't look up to standard at all. i'm not a huge franjic fan but he's looked more comfortable and would do a job defensively as well.

also wilkinson starting for australia at a world cup is deadset disgusting. surely our defensive stocks can't be that bad, can they? i know we have a few injuries at the back but come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Our defensive stocks are that bad. But to be fair I thought Wilkinson performed a lot better than expected, probably cemented his place in the team. Think you are being harsh on Vidosic too as this was one of his better games for the NT. Was up for attack and back for defence. This game gave us everything we needed which was to give Tommy Oar time at 10 and see how it worked. Croatia may not have been playing full throttle but IMO we put them under far more pressure then they were expecting. Franjic was outstanding but need to leave him there now, too late to be trialing other RB's.

Leckie was really the only player who may have cost his chances with that performance. Ang needs to forget about ever playing him centrally and Leckie needs to start to think about supporting other players in the team for a change. Seems to run away from everyone when he has the ball. Just read Ang's post game comments all focused on the front third. Against Chile I would go with

--------------------------Ryan

Franjic------Wilkinson--------Spiranovic------Davidson

------------Milligan-----------------Jedinak
    ---------------------------Oar
    Halloran-----------------------------------------Vidosic
    -------------------------Taggart