Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Interesting. This shows that we are nearly always mediocre to sh1t. Well done.

It just means we are getting some backroom staff. Most of us are not used to seeing any more than the coach, assistant and dogsbody with the bucket of oranges sitting on the pine.

Quote Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post
    Rocky Liu is our International Football Manager
    Qiang Li is an assistant coach

Can't find anything about any others.
    Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 4.42.33 PM.jpg

Griff
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    I meant any other Chinese staff.

Chris brown as strength and conditioning coach.

Guess the boys do a lot of boxing..

Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    I see GVE is still on the books, Academy Director. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    I see GVE is still on the books, Academy Director. haha
    Would explain the tidal wave of juniors coming through....

Not strictly related, but I need to help out a mate who has only 53 followers on Twitter.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Not strictly related, but I need to help out a mate who has only 53 followers on Twitter.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
    Hi Gaz.

Heres some stats (at 4/1/17) for you boys esp my homies.

Most passes - 1. Gypos (Sydney 8th)
    Passing accuracy - 1. Citeh 2. Gypos. (Sydney last).
    Yellow cards - Least: Gypos.

Is Okon the new GVE and is Gypo Arnie the new Kenny Lowe who was the new Terry Butcher?

Good stats these, they tell me so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Heres some stats (at 4/1/17) for you boys esp my homies.

Most passes - 1. Gypos (Sydney 8th)
    Passing accuracy - 1. Citeh 2. Gypos. (Sydney last).
    Yellow cards - Least: Gypos.

Is Okon the new GVE and is Gypo Arnie the new Kenny Lowe who was the new Terry Butcher?

Good stats these, they tell me so much.
    Because even though you do not rate stats one thing is actually true about then.

Goals are actually scored from the minimal passing plays

It actually rare to see goals after 5 passes

It one of the reasons why under Jones we are looking better we are actually moving the ball forward more often and quicker and doing much less of the recycling possession shit we have done.

Something GVE and the rest since have never understood

Because even though you do not rate stats one thing is actually true about then.

Goals are actually scored from the minimal passing plays

It actually rare to see goals after 5 passes

It one of the reasons why under Jones we are looking better we are actually moving the ball forward more often and quicker and doing much less of the recycling possession shit we have done.

Something GVE and the rest since have never understood

This post got me reading and you are wrong but you are right.

In the 'top 3' leagues possession, passing and passing accuracy has pretty much lined up with table position and goals scored. The one big outlier is West Brom in the EPL who are bottom in the passing stats but middle to high for goal ratio and table position.

The same can be said for the Italian and Spanish league.

BUT

drill down a bit and once you get out of the top tier of leagues and into the German, French, then onto USA and obviously A-League (where my reading started) and there is way less of a correlation between passing/possession and goals, which is exactly what you are saying.

So my takeaway from this is that is you wanna play like Barca, then you gotta go get players good enough to be able to play like that (yo 'sup GVE?). If you don't have the cattle, then you need to adjust accordingly. Now IMHO Jones didnt play to his players at the start of the year, but in the last few weeks there has been a noticeable shift in tactics and we as 'fans' have seen it (and enjoyed it).

and as mentioned before, i give Jones the benefit and credit for this.
    now, the next step is bringing in more players who can dance to his boogie. If he can do that (and if he is allowed to do it) then i can't see why the good times can't continue.

i mean, of course, the same thing 'could' have happened if Miller continued on but anyway..........
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

but the best stat is that some dude from from WBA has the 2nd most assists in the EPL this year so far so expect him to sign for the Jets ASAP and we'll win the comp.
    Seems like I am WRONG

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    I actually think that every goal Sydney has scored this season has been on the counter (just go with it)
    Last edited by parksey; 04-01-2017 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    This post got me reading and you are wrong but you are right.

In the 'top 3' leagues possession, passing and passing accuracy has pretty much lined up with table position and goals scored. The one big outlier is West Brom in the EPL who are bottom in the passing stats but middle to high for goal ratio and table position.

The same can be said for the Italian and Spanish league.

BUT

drill down a bit and once you get out of the top tier of leagues and into the German, French, then onto USA and obviously A-League (where my reading started) and there is way less of a correlation between passing/possession and goals, which is exactly what you are saying.

So my takeaway from this is that is you wanna play like Barca, then you gotta go get players good enough to be able to play like that (yo 'sup GVE?). If you don't have the cattle, then you need to adjust accordingly. Now IMHO Jones didnt play to his players at the start of the year, but in the last few weeks there has been a noticeable shift in tactics and we as 'fans' have seen it (and enjoyed it).

and as mentioned before, i give Jones the benefit and credit for this.
    now, the next step is bringing in more players who can dance to his boogie. If he can do that (and if he is allowed to do it) then i can't see why the good times can't continue.

i mean, of course, the same thing 'could' have happened if Miller continued on but anyway..........
    Nice detailed synopsis there Plague that you put together

I wasn't referring to teams like Roar Barca Man City etc who like to pass the opposition to death before scoring

I was actually referring to the stat that the English FA based the long game tactic they stuck with for years and years

That most goals are actually scored from minimal number of passes/ touches

Plus you wrong at the end about Millertime.He would have parked the bus again this year and would have thrown his players under it like he did regularly last season

It actually good to see Jones just get on with it and make use of the shit he has instead of offering up excuses like his predecessors

conclusion: long ball/quick break gets more goals in lower leagues eg aleague

Plus you wrong at the end about Millertime.He would have parked the bus again this year and would have thrown his players under it like he did regularly last season

It actually good to see Jones just get on with it and make use of the shit he has instead of offering up excuses like his predecessors
    hey homie im with you on Jones. I aint praising anyone til they get that toilet seat over their head though, but just like you I've enjoyed the past few weeks.

as for Miller, well he's allowed to carry on the proud Jets tradition of blaming the other blokes players for his downfall. To be fair, the day any coach of ours actually gets the players he wants and gets time with them it will be like the dog finally catching up to the car. we won't know what the hell to do.

anyway, more sackings, more signings, more of everything!!!!!
    Seems like I am WRONG

hey homie im with you on Jones. I aint praising anyone til they get that toilet seat over their head though, but just like you I've enjoyed the past few weeks.

as for Miller, well he's allowed to carry on the proud Jets tradition of blaming the other blokes players for his downfall.!
    Ay? Miller was boned by the assistant, gypo and lee. He had the same/similar deadwood to work with and got results which is most important yeah?

Anyway, Miller haters are (ray warren voice) fair-dinkum coasties.
    Last edited by hawk; 05-01-2017 at 10:30 PM.

I think I am still too frustrated with our more often than not ineffectual attack to get too excited about our coach - he's still got to sort out the wasted talent that is Hoole, guy could be a world beater but instead he runs himself into unwinnable positions or loses any momentum he's made by making shit decisions, it's almost an act of God when he actually doesn't fart-ass about and gets into a position to shoot or pass to someone else who can, but Jones seems to be content with the shitness and encourages him to keep up the mediocrity in the vain hope he might improve without any guidance - I think he needs to pull Joel outta the office and get him to mentor Hoole, I'm sure Joel would lay it on the line to Hoole what he's doing right and where he's going ever so wrong, after a few sack whacks Hoole might even start to get the message...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...