Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    You know, I've had the same fear/thought that our slide has been that bad we could end up with the spoon. I don't think it will, but still. You look at our team and think "is our team a wooden spoon side" and on paper I don't think so - but if we end up there we will have nobody to blame but ourselves. We don't have injuries to blame our recent poor run on this time and funnily enough no attention is being paid to the fat we've earned 2 points from the last 15.

Jones still has a chance to beat the Mariners, down there of all places. And if the NiX under 18's game goes ahead you would honestly expect we would win that.

Miller achieved 30 points, which is by no means an insurmuntable total. I expect our team to win our last home game against the Wanderers - a team we've never beaten at our home ground.
    Miller achieved 30 points playing a brand of football that convinced me not renew my Jets membership. Up until recently, Jones had the team at least playing a watchable brand of football. As soon as he started talking about tightening it up / clean sheets the teams started looking more and more like the dross served up under Miller every day.

It's entertainment for me not so much about winning. These day's the foz's reaction to the games is more entertaining.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 09-03-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    A good coach should be able to get good performances out of average squads. Look at Leicester many squads with more money and quality but their Manager found a way to get the best out of his players and make them perform every week and as a result they over achieved and won the league. Yes he got sacked next season but thats cause the players downed tools. Hell we won the league with Jardel Denni Scott Tunbridge Troy Hearfield and Steven Laybutt. Im not having the not his squad rubbish anymore.

Jones has shown he cant get consistent performances out of this squad and his tactical decisions (losing game no changes till 75-80+ mins) and squad selections (mullen Rb no strikers on bench) are abysmal not to mention the way he has treated certain players. Not picking Haliti and Kokko for apparently not being good enough yet Hoole and Mullen play almost everyweek. Playing Nobby as a Lone striker when everyone can see he isnt that kind of player. Wake up Member were not going to make the Finals again and while the players need to take massive responsibly, Jones hasnt done enough to suggest he can take them to A-league finals level. RANT OVER
    That reference to Leicester in regards to what you are trying to say makes no sense. Saying the players "downed tools" means that ranieri could not get the best out of them (which you alluded to him being able to) and in fact that it was players that got the job done before they downed tools.
    What if our players have "downed tools" this year but will pick them up next. The inverse of ranieri.
    Also what do you have against Hoole he has certainly not been our second worst player.

Did someone mention the same Kenny Lowe that has on paper one of the most fearsome strikeforces in the league including a Johnny Warren medalist, a former Golden Boot winner, plus Andy Keogh who's scored 31 in 61, and yet still can't get them very far. FMD.

Dunster - Miller had a simple job after the Stubbins horror show for the first season without an owner. Make the team competitive again and stop embrasssing the city. He did that. The players that you are finding entertaining to watch are players he signed. None of us know what he would have done with this team. What we do know is that Jones has so far done nothing special, or even close to it. Lets see if he can even make 30 points first.

And some of you are acting like Miller signed all 25 players that he had in his first season.
    Last edited by halo se7en; 09-03-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Did someone mention the same Kenny Lowe that has on paper one of the most fearsome strikeforces in the league including a Johnny Warren medalist, a former Golden Boot winner, plus Andy Keogh who's scored 31 in 61, and yet still can't get them very far. FMD.
    Yeh that was me bru.

And yep still back that claim. Was making comparisons between Lowe and Jones and our clubs as well. I'd like to see us stick with Jones like Glory did with Lowe. I stated he's not an amazing coach but got together a very decent playing group with good resources, support and recruitment techniques. He has an extremely well stocked attacking group but you'd have to say still needs work at the back. He has them competitive week in week out and scoring loads of goals. They are in a battle for third. I'd love for the Jets to get to this point.

But you must be in the same crew that thinks Miller would have won the league on a shoestring budget with players out of Iceland because he's a mastercoach.

In the end when are people going to realise that an excellent playing group supported by a no nonsense coach with a basic approach and large resources will go much further then a shit squad with a "decent" coach who knows how to talk the talk

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Yeh that was me bru.

And yep still back that claim. Was making comparisons between Lowe and Jones and our clubs as well. I'd like to see us stick with Jones like Glory did with Lowe. I stated he's not an amazing coach but got together a very decent playing group with good resources, support and recruitment techniques. He has an extremely well stocked attacking group but you'd have to say still needs work at the back. He has them competitive week in week out and scoring loads of goals. They are in a battle for third. I'd love for the Jets to get to this point.

But you must be in the same crew that thinks Miller would have won the league on a shoestring budget with players out of Iceland because he's a mastercoach.

In the end when are people going to realise that an excellent playing group supported by a no nonsense coach with a basic approach and large resources will go much further then a shit squad with a "decent" coach who knows how to talk the talk
    I made no mention of Miller when I asked a legitimate question about whether Jones had it in him to build a good enough squad. No-one seems to be able to answer that question other than say 'he's not Miller' or 'give him time'. Do we know Lowe was behind Perth's recruitment? Salary cap breaches aside, its something they always seem to have been good at, and yet always underperform.

At no point have I ever said Miller would win the league, I've only ever said he dragged us out of the gutter and I wanted to see if he could build on last season. Obviously that chance has gone. I still want to see whether Jones has the ability to sign quality players, let alone steer them to top 6. Hey, even beating the Mariners once would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Miller achieved 30 points playing a brand of football that convinced me not renew my Jets membership. Up until recently, Jones had the team at least playing a watchable brand of football. As soon as he started talking about tightening it up / clean sheets the teams started looking more and more like the dross served up under Miller every day.

It's entertainment for me not so much about winning. These day's the foz's reaction to the games is more entertaining.
    How did that work for the Mariners? Their last manager said he wanted to play "entertaining" football, they got the spoon and ended up struggling to sign ANYONE to the club.

Jones is shit, he's done mediocre with probably the best squad we've had in 6 years. If we finish below the scum (likely), he has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    How did that work for the Mariners? Their last manager said he wanted to play "entertaining" football, they got the spoon and ended up struggling to sign ANYONE to the club.

Jones is shit, he's done mediocre with probably the best squad we've had in 6 years. If we finish below the scum (likely), he has to go.
    The Mariners problems are money related much like the Jets. Players are better compensated at bigger clubs and as such that's where players want to go.
    With respect to entertaining football the Mariners crowds have been shit for a very long time - even when they were successful on the pitch with Arnold at the helm. Hard to gauge the effects though given the propensity for Mariners crowd numbers to be inflated in an effort to convince sponsors the club actually had a genuine following. I can recall crowd claims of 12,000 or more when BTS was pretty much empty.

As for Jones, I don't think he will be in the job beyond next season - and may be punted before that if the team doesn't show some improvement.
    But to suggest this club is even capable of being a finals team on their current budget with the current squad is asking a lot. We don't have a top quality player in our squad, and we certainly don't have anyone remotely close to top quality and consistent - even in A-League terms. The clubs above us, and some below do have high quality players, some of whom are consistent as well.
    I mean who in the Jets would regularly start for any of the top 6 teams ? I cannot think of anyone.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 09-03-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post

Absolutely bull shit this is the best playing group we have had in 6 years

The season Taggart was on fire we had a better squad
    The season Muppet ruined us we had a better squad
    **** the season Heskey arrived we had a better squad

**** last year we had Leaky G Devonhead Birraz Leonardo and Milos who would all walk into the current starting 11

So to say Jones has had a great squad is a complete lie.
    It probably the weakest in star power out of the last 6 years

Banned
    And some of you are acting like Miller signed all 25 players that he had in his first season.
    Yep no one disputing that but this is a fact

Jones inherited this squad and other than signing some NPL project players to try and fill holes he has had **** all support from the club so far in regards to transfer policy

As the season comes to a close and the offseason arrives and new signings are announced which they will be then we will actually see him in action in the Transfer market

Until then you are using hypothetical speculation to stir shit as you have an agenda against Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Until then you are using hypothetical speculation to stir shit as you have an agenda against Jones.
    Nearly everything on here is speculation and opinion and open to interpretation. Your theory is only guess work as well. But thats what makes the foz great. opinions, theories and arguments that are all trying to the jets out of the shizer.

Biggest issue I have with Jones is his ability to recruit quality talent.

In December - we need to sign a few quality players, the budget is there, yadda yadda

Mid-January - Weak Ankles is suddenly our one hope and saviour

End-January - *crickets*
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post

In December - we need to sign a few quality players, the budget is there, yadda yadda

End-January - *crickets*
    I don't think Jones is doing the negotiations to be fair. He will draw up a Istanbul of players. It's up to the back room staff to deliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Yep no one disputing that but this is a fact

Jones inherited this squad and other than signing some NPL project players to try and fill holes he has had **** all support from the club so far in regards to transfer policy

As the season comes to a close and the offseason arrives and new signings are announced which they will be then we will actually see him in action in the Transfer market

I have nothing against him. I just want a coach who knows what he's doing. It's not rocket science.

And **** all support from the club? What are you basing that on? Speculation? At least Jones has an owner with funds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Nearly everything on here is speculation and opinion and open to interpretation. Your theory is only guess work as well. But thats what makes the foz great. opinions, theories and arguments that are all trying to the jets out of the shizer.

No that where you wrong.

Everything i write on here is actually correct

The rest of youse are just plain in the wrong

Banned
    I have nothing against him. I just want a coach who knows what he's doing. It's not rocket science.

And **** all support from the club? What are you basing that on? Speculation? At least Jones has an owner with funds.
    Bringing im a couple of NPL players mid season isnt exactly what i would call support from the clubin the transfer market

But that obviously impressed you so ....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post

End-January - *crickets*
    Z
    See this is where you are naive

Clubs when they are after players deal with agents.

Jones doesnt need to know every player personally

Agents drop players in clubs laps

How you think Raheem Sterlings agent planning on getting him a gig in Europe??
    Dropping him in everyones lap and see if they get a bite

Jones will have enough quality players offered to him

It up to his ability as a judge of talent personality etc whether he chooses wisely

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    and the tennis thread.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Yo our squad is pretty decent guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Yo our squad is pretty decent guys.
    Bout the seventh best in the league