Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I haven't been to a game this season and I didn't renew my membership. That's how confident I am in the players and the people running the Jets.
    The team I once supported is gone and while I have a casual interest in seeing a local team in the league I haven't thought of the Jets as my team since Con was given the boot.
    If the Jets were to become successful again I probably still wouldn't bother attending games either because I don't think the magic of the first three seasons will ever be repeated.
    To be successful on a shoestring budget against teams with huge budgets and everything in their favor just doesn't seem possible anymore.
    Overall, I think when Con was shown the door the FFA should have had the balls to simply end the franchise rather than try and revive a corpse.

With current the owner already bringing in a Chinese player with no pedigree of any note - I don't think Jones is going to ever get what he needs but I'm sure when everything does turn to shit he will be the first one blamed.

The less said about having a Gypo as CEO the better.
    Hell, aren't we called KB anymore? when did that change?

I still heavily support on fox replay when ive run out of things to do*. Im Newy to the core

*info may not be accurate

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I mean you're quoting my post but didn't even read it.

I said nowt about hard work and application.

To me:
    'Sticking a boot in' = 'focusing more on being physically dominant over your opponent'

'Putting in a shift' = 'quantity over quality of physical output'.

Man we went through this 'good engines' bullshit with GVE and he failed in that approach.

I want a team of footballers who play football and a coach who's emphasis is winning every game he coaches.

Go ahead and celebrate your centre back kicking crap out of a striker to 'let him know he's in a game' I'll take Piques skill any day.

Go ahead and celebrate your GPS data telling me who ran more in a game, I'll take Pirlo's lazy* ass every day of the week.

Enjoy your football guys, just let me one day dream of seeing mine.

*hed still be fitter than everyone in this Foz.
    "Putting a shift in' has nothing to do with ones engine.

Its about putting in effort.

I don't know where you're getting this kick the snit out of people bullshit from either. btw Barca are a bunch of play acting cheating ****wits.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    "Putting a shift in' has nothing to do with ones engine.

Its about putting in effort.

I don't know where you're getting this kick the snit out of people bullshit from either. btw Barca are a bunch of play acting cheating ****wits.
    Oh man you are sounding like a bloke that lost a lot of money on that damn Hare and still haven't gotten over it.

My interpretations of 'putting in a shift' etc are 'my' definitions. You take what you will out of them but unless there is a 'terrible football cliche' dictionary then I gather we can freely interpret.

and yes when I watch Barca play that's EXACTLY my same takeaway.
    Almost unbearable to watch isn't it.

The Herald reporting our coach wants us to show more mongrel.

A problem area over the last few seasons has been our discipline. We've never actually finished a season with fewer cards than our opposition. As a result I always felt we were gettign the rough end of the stick with referees.

This season we've only been shown 4 yellow cards. This is good, as the threat of suspension doesn't hang over our already injury-ravaged squad. DEspite this, I think we have bene lucky with a few challenges that could have, but didn't, receive a booking

So instead of saying privately to the team "put a bit more of a boot in" he comes out and says it in the media. The media the referees will be made aware of. The referees who will be officiating our match.

FFS - do we think before we speak!?! Let's just go and create more of a rod for our back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

A problem area over the last few seasons has been our discipline. We've never actually finished a season with fewer cards than our opposition. As a result I always felt we were gettign the rough end of the stick with referees.

This season we've only been shown 4 yellow cards. This is good, as the threat of suspension doesn't hang over our already injury-ravaged squad. DEspite this, I think we have bene lucky with a few challenges that could have, but didn't, receive a booking

So instead of saying privately to the team "put a bit more of a boot in" he comes out and says it in the media. The media the referees will be made aware of. The referees who will be officiating our match.

FFS - do we think before we speak!?! Let's just go and create more of a rod for our back.
    Could not agree more. We'll probably demonstrate our mongrel inside our penalty box!

And as if we havent been the target from over zealous Referees in the past guarentee Boogs to get sent off now
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

But wait wait wait aren't all you fans clamouring for more mongrel?

I'd rather more passing, more movement and more attacking football but yeah sure mongrel should fix it.

God damnit the day President Trump comes in and outlaws these bullshit football cliches will be the best day ever.

But wait wait wait aren't all you fans clamouring for more mongrel?

I'd rather more passing, more movement and more attacking football but yeah sure mongrel should fix it.

God damnit the day President Trump comes in and outlaws these bullshit football cliches will be the best day ever.
    I'm not calling for it. I like the discipline we've shown this year.

Must be others
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Jones OUT, Trump IN
    There can only be one king

I'm not calling for it. I like the discipline we've shown this year.

Must be others
    Totally ageee. I mean discipline was highlighted as a problem last year, we fix it and it's now a problem.

Am predicting 6 yellows and a red to Boogs on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Totally ageee. I mean discipline was highlighted as a problem last year, we fix it and it's now a problem.

The only is the lack of pressure we put on other teams when they have the ball. Alot of games we let them stroll towards our goal and fire a shot
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Must be others
    Oh I know it's not you.

My mans out there lurking knowing who I'm talking about.

To be fair though apparently it wins football games so hopefully he's right.

More mongrel you cvnts.

This stand and watch thing isnt quite working is it. 10 yellows please but don hurt'em. We need city to beat both shiteneys and tards
    Last edited by hawk; 09-11-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post

He'd be sent off after the first 2x yellows. How is he going to cop the extra 4 on Thursday as well?

Oh I know it's not you.

My mans out there lurking knowing who I'm talking about.

To be fair though apparently it wins football games so hopefully he's right.
    Surely you don't mean me either?

**** you're condescending.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar

naw man theres no need for name calling.
    its a new dawn and President Trump is bringing the world together, now is not the time for resistance.

Besides, I'm actually fascinated by Jones' comments. If the public 'rev up' works then ill be the first one on here conceding the point.
    I just don't think it will.
    If they come out and move better, pass better and perform better we can dissect the why and hows on here tomorrow.
    If they put out the same turgid tripe then we can discuss what more needs to be done.

Trump has shown us miracles can happen, lets hope it keeps up
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Even if we get the same formation and tactics it doesnt stop the players running and tackling harder then the opposition. If there gonna out football us then at least make them work for it which we struggle to do

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Even if we get the same formation and tactics it doesnt stop the players running and tackling harder then the opposition. If there gonna out football us then at least make them work for it which we struggle to do
    no problem with that.

id just love to see us 'out football' teams.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

no problem with that.

id just love to see us 'out football' teams.
    I agree round one i reckon we out footballed Adelaide and same with the FFA cup vs Victory but that was down to Miller IMO

love at first sight