Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 16/17 HAL Round 6 | Melbourne City v Newcastle Jets | Thurs 10 Nov 2016, 7:50PM

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Wot, as injury replacements??
    Other clubs would have this sorted LOooooonnng ago.
    To be fair. That's 5 "CB" have now been injured

What's Piddo doing this time of year? Back from his knee injury. Serious though, need a CB signing now as Boogs looks to be at least a medium term injury on first look. Hoping it's not ACL or anything.

City dropped off and looked like they didn't care 2nd half at times but nonetheless, more positives than the Wello game. Nervous about Derby next week...

Can't take a break atm with these injuries. Hoping Boogard is not serious..

How long did city play with 10 men before cahill came off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    To be fair. That's 5 "CB" have now been injured
    Im guessing he'll have no choice to sign Jon McKain

Phew, City didnt drop points

Jones has ****ed up big time this week. Take back anything nice I said about him and apologize to those here who summed him up the day he got the job.

That midfield was never going to work.

City though are terrible if they can only get a 2-1 win against that steaming pile of shit.

For anyone that didn't watch the game I've posted a picture of Mark Jones' game plan.

I thought we played ok today. No idea why every jets player refuses to look before they pass ffs. Also stevie U (**** this ug business) needs to be first one picked every week. He is too good for the aleague let alone the jets and we need to use him why we can.

Also sad to say poijak has become a liability atm and Hoole with his millon touches before passing and his abysmal first touch needs a spell on the bench

When we did manage to string more than 3 passes together we looked reasonably dangerous.

We are in trouble next week, Scum seem to have found some form in the back of their caravan and well, we have no defenders.
    Maybe Morten can play back there, he did a bang up job last night!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    how good is it having the whole weekend free of having to watch the Jets play like a bunch of cunce?

love these Thursday games

Love the game plan to let City cross as much as they want and put no pressure on their wingers, despite City having the best striker in the comp, plus the greatest header of the ball in Australian history, and us having a pre-pubescent teenager in the middle.

What could go wrong?

Have any of the football sites posted the game stats yet?

Am keen to see our 'mongrel' rating and whether it is up from last week as per coaches instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Love the game plan to let City cross as much as they want and put no pressure on their wingers, despite City having the best striker in the comp, plus the greatest header of the ball in Australian history, and us having a pre-pubescent teenager in the middle.

What could go wrong?
    That was my major concern and i kept pointing it out to my bro then low and behold they score two goals from crosses
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Have any of the football sites posted the game stats yet?

Am keen to see our 'mongrel' rating and whether it is up from last week as per coaches instructions.
    Accordingly to Zane at half time it was up, but I suspect it dropped off in the second half, particularly when Boogs went off.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Accordingly to Zane at half time it was up, but I suspect it dropped off in the second half, particularly when Boogs went off.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    For anyone that didn't watch the game I've posted a picture of Mark Jones' game plan.

Oh crap it has really come to this.

***SEASON OVER***

Please insert coin to begin next season

----Taito Games----

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I thought we played ok today. No idea why every jets player refuses to look before they pass ffs. Also stevie U (**** this ug business) needs to be first one picked every week. He is too good for the aleague let alone the jets and we need to use him why we can.

Also sad to say poijak has become a liability atm and Hoole with his millon touches before passing and his abysmal first touch needs a spell on the bench
    Not sure what game you were watching the 3 passes we strung together was involving ones where the keeper got the ball. Melbourne city werent at their best, otherwise we would have been pulled apart. Boogard is terrible at the back young koutrombis did a better job of marking fornaroli than his more experienced leader. Hoole is scared to beat his man. Kokko is class but isnt fit. I have to question why we are conceding so many injuries and all these defenders???? Questions need to be asked. Hopefully martin lee can see that we are lacking a bit from the top teams

Boogard didn't have the best game but has been super for us most of the season. Doesn't help he is carrying a whole back 4.

Kokko is looking the goods but just needs fitness. Nobby needs just a little confidence and I suspect we will see a much different player.

Hoole seemed a touch more effective. His first touch was a little more composed.

For next week.. Brown/ug cm pairing with Poljak in CB?