Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    I might just be a biased/somewhat bitter arsenal fan.... But i find it interesting that arsenals dry spell of not winning anything was always in the media, massive pressure.... Yet Spurs and Liverpool have now gone a simliar period without winning a trophy (League title, European Title or FA CUP), yet not mentioned and no pressure media wise. From what I see, compared to that of Arsenal.
    I think that has more to do with the fact that Arsenal during the 90s and 00s was challenging for the title nearly every year
    The expectation on them was there as they were deemed as a possible title challenger at the start of the season and it really only been the last few years where Arsenal not been though of that way

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I think that has more to do with the fact that Arsenal during the 90s and 00s was challenging for the title nearly every year
    The expectation on them was there as they were deemed as a possible title challenger at the start of the season and it really only been the last few years where Arsenal not been though of that way
    plus their supporters 'seemed' to be happier about contending but not winning considering the style of football they played.
    Playing crap and not winning is less palatable. Hence why i think Klopp gets a pass more often than not as well.

but yeah, it will wear thin on everyone eventually.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Always irked me as well same with the how easy a ride Wenger got in the media compared to every single Chelsea coach
    you had about 18 changes in the Wenger era yeah?
    and didnt they sack some after they won you trophies?
    that might be part of the blowback.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Always irked me as well same with the how easy a ride Wenger got in the media compared to every single Chelsea coach
    I wish I lived in whatever planet you come from Stanny.

He never got an easy ride, he was hounded from the moment he arrived and ruined it for the establishment that couldn't keep up. The main difference between him and a few of your coaches was respect. Arsene treated people better than most and was in return shown respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

As for Liverpool and their Trophy drought.

I think it comes down to expectations. Once they dropped off they weren't truly considered title prospects until recent years, whereas Arsenal always seemed 1 or 2 key players off winning. (In truth but was more like 5 players needed)

Even the Rodgers season seemed like a blip rather than a sustained run at titles. But the pressure was already mounting the season after the "slip"

The media is at Klopp all the time now. They keep bringing up his comments about a trophy in 4 years or he'll have to go manage in Switzerland. And for as long as they don't win anything they will be hounded like Arsenal have been.

This is actually the first year were Arsenal have only had to deal with normal expectations from the media. It's just a shame the supporters still think we should be buying €250 mil worth of players every year.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I wish I lived in whatever planet you come from Stanny.

He never got an easy ride, he was hounded from the moment he arrived and ruined it for the establishment that couldn't keep up. The main difference between him and a few of your coaches was respect. Arsene treated people better than most and was in return shown respect.
    Nah towards the end he never got the hard questions no matter how poor Arsenal was

Nah towards the end he never got the hard questions no matter how poor Arsenal was

Just checking, you do know who Arsene Wenger is don't you? Cause either you don't, or you didn't read a single article regarding the premier league over the last 4 season.

There's is literally ONE (1) single meme created from the premier league. It was a saying used so often in the media and in games it went viral throughout the internet.

It was a hashtag.

That hashtag said the following..

#WENGEROUT

It was probably the most reported about event in premier league history bar the Hillsborough disaster and Fergie time.

Pundits came out and apologized for hounding him out after he left because they regretted the things they said.

He was treated like shit for years before he left by everyone. But he never stopped doing what he believed in. Absolute legend. **** the English Media circus.

#notbitter.
    #imisswengerball
    #jackwilshireshouldhavewontheballondor

Just checking, you do know who Arsene Wenger is don't you? Cause either you don't, or you didn't read a single article regarding the premier league over the last 4 season.

There's is literally ONE (1) single meme created from the premier league. It was a saying used so often in the media and in games it went viral throughout the internet.

It was a hashtag.

That hashtag said the following..

#WENGEROUT

It was probably the most reported about event in premier league history bar the Hillsborough disaster and Fergie time.

Pundits came out and apologized for hounding him out after he left because they regretted the things they said.

He was treated like shit for years before he left by everyone. But he never stopped doing what he believed in. Absolute legend. **** the English Media circus.

#notbitter.
    #imisswengerball
    #jackwilshireshouldhavewontheballondor
    Yeah from the fans, But go back and watch his press conferences last few years. Never ever got asked really hard or pressing questions
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Yeah from the fans, But go back and watch his press conferences last few years. Never ever got asked really hard or pressing questions
    Can't argue with nonsense. Have a good night Stanny.

Even the Rodgers season seemed like a blip rather than a sustained run at titles. But the pressure was already mounting the season after the "slip"
    hey man, a lot of people treated that season with the same level of surprise as the Lester winning season. Liverpool had been going that bad that they were considered a plucky underdog that year.

and this made a lot of Liverpool fans real mad having their team spoken of that way.
    Seems like I am WRONG

What are you talking about, it got very bad towards the end. As Frodo said, it became a meme between Wenger Out & the blud fam youtube channels.

You must have missed all the questions about the 3 man defence, players smoking, AOC at CM, Wilshere being injured, Ozil being lazy, Giroud in general, war chest, always facing Bayern in the UCL, not winning the league, Sp*rs finally finishing ahead of us for once, when he will retire, when he will leave, when he will get sacked.
    OK

if you want a good example of why klopp gets a pass from the media, today is about as good as you can get.
    Sir Alex gets that performance out of his team, Pep gets that performance, but how many other top managers get it?

Im no Arsenal expert, and they have played games that have blown the very best off the park. but im not sure they ever did it for Wenger. Jose at Inter had his team fighting like that, but was it like that at Chelsea or Madrid?

From Klopps pre-match quotes about just going out there and 'failing beautifully' were magic. There were no cliches, and he never foolishly boasted. he spoke just to his team, and they responded. People like Klopp and Fergie had their personalities reflected in their teams. People could see that if you sacked them, you fundamentally changed the team. Other managers always seemed to be a lot more disposable, and in some cases they were right.

I have no doubt that Klopp will run out of 'lucky loser' benefits soon. But they are within a whisker of the 2 biggest trophies they can get (and the only 2 they really care about). 2 would be immortal, 1 would be success, but 0 would still buy him a lot of love.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    if you want a good example of why klopp gets a pass from the media, today is about as good as you can get.
    Sir Alex gets that performance out of his team, Pep gets that performance, but how many other top managers get it?

Im no Arsenal expert, and they have played games that have blown the very best off the park. but im not sure they ever did it for Wenger. Jose at Inter had his team fighting like that, but was it like that at Chelsea or Madrid?

From Klopps pre-match quotes about just going out there and 'failing beautifully' were magic. There were no cliches, and he never foolishly boasted. he spoke just to his team, and they responded. People like Klopp and Fergie had their personalities reflected in their teams. People could see that if you sacked them, you fundamentally changed the team. Other managers always seemed to be a lot more disposable, and in some cases they were right.

I have no doubt that Klopp will run out of 'lucky loser' benefits soon. But they are within a whisker of the 2 biggest trophies they can get (and the only 2 they really care about). 2 would be immortal, 1 would be success, but 0 would still buy him a lot of love.
    Wenger did it during the invincibles season. They would win games before they walked onto the pitch.

But everything else I agree with, and Wenger after the Emirates move could never convince his players to run through brick walls anymore. Hence the drop off in league titles.

Wenger did it during the invincibles season. They would win games before they walked onto the pitch.

But everything else I agree with, and Wenger after the Emirates move could never convince his players to run through brick walls anymore. Hence the drop off in league titles.
    yeah i dont think it can be overstated enough how much Wenger changed not only one team, but the entire ****ing league.

on the list of managers who did the most to make the Prem what it is today hes def 1st or equal 1st with Fergie and third is a big way behind.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Jose did it with Chelsea first time round. 2nd spell not so much
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Jose did it with Chelsea first time round. 2nd spell not so much
    yeah id agree, and thats kinda my point.

to keep a team at that level, with that attitude, and to keep buying into the coach for that period of time is rare.
    Jose was the best manager in the world for a long period and even his approach wore thin.

to think Fergie went even longer, and Klopp has done it across multiple clubs, is kind of amazing.

Zidane has had a much shorter time in the spotlight, but next season will be a big test whether he can keep it up, because his '2nd coming' fell about as flat as it possibly could.
    Seems like I am WRONG

to keep a team at that level, with that attitude, and to keep buying into the coach for that period of time is rare.
    Jose was the best manager in the world for a long period and even his approach wore thin.

to think Fergie went even longer, and Klopp has done it across multiple clubs, is kind of amazing.

Zidane has had a much shorter time in the spotlight, but next season will be a big test whether he can keep it up, because his '2nd coming' fell about as flat as it possibly could.
    Players are different these days both in attitude and patience.

huh?
    there was a game on like 2 hours ago.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Just want to be careful and make sure you aren't trying to include Klopp in the AW, SAF, Jose, Zizou camp are you? Cause those guys were all serial winners. Klopp is well in the upper echelon of coaches, but he has struggled to get them over the final hurdle so far. He now has the best team he's ever coached at his disposal and he is in the final so this where he might tip over the edge into the big boy bracket, but until he does I am not letting him in.

Or those guys *cough* Jose *cough* have just lost their touch?

I mean Sir Alex hasn't won a title in how many years?? Totally lost it.