Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Still reackon Scholes and Rooney have been the only 2 proper world class English players I've ever seen.
    Paul Gascoigne, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, John Terry, Alan Shearer, Rio Ferdinand and Ashley Cole these players were 100% world class.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Paul Gascoigne, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, John Terry, Alan Shearer, Rio Ferdinand and Ashley Cole these players were 100% world class.
    Yeah look it's a loose term but I'm saying if you had to pick a 'team of the generation' (say 2000-present) how many English players even make the cut in the first 3 squads you pick?

Of course all those players you picked are good. But if you think John Terry is in the same conversation as Carnovaro, Zambrotta, Maldini, Pique etc then cool.

I don't.

And I'm a big Lampard fan, consider him light years better than Gerrard, but even old Frank can't hold a candle to Scholes.

and I never got the Ashley Cole love. Always looked great running in a straight line but not much else. GVE must have been so excited to see him play.

But hey a lot of the same people wouldn't even pick Dani Alves so it just shows you how many morons there really are in the world.

Oh and Steven Gerard is just a better version of Jonjo Shelvey but with more handsome hair there I said it.

Banned
    The quality of Scholes can be seen that after Barca had taken down Man U 3-1 in the UCL Final this at the time Barca and Spain were nigh on invincible with the tikka takka around 2011 that at FT the Barca players were more interested in seeing who would be the lucky bloke swapping shirts with Scholes such was the esteem they held him in

In a side containing Iniesta Xavi Messi Villa and Biscuitsthey all wanted to get up close with Scholes

Yeah look it's a loose term but I'm saying if you had to pick a 'team of the generation' (say 2000-present) how many English players even make the cut in the first 3 squads you pick?

Of course all those players you picked are good. But if you think John Terry is in the same conversation as Carnovaro, Zambrotta, Maldini, Pique etc then cool.

I don't.

And I'm a big Lampard fan, consider him light years better than Gerrard, but even old Frank can't hold a candle to Scholes.

and I never got the Ashley Cole love. Always looked great running in a straight line but not much else. GVE must have been so excited to see him play.

But hey a lot of the same people wouldn't even pick Dani Alves so it just shows you how many morons there really are in the world.

Oh and Steven Gerard is just a better version of Jonjo Shelvey but with more handsome hair there I said it.
    Coles is probally the only defender who got the better of C.Ronaldo nearly every game they played. Hence why towards the end of his United days he played on the left of their midfield. And ill give you Cannavaro and Madlini but Terry was better then Zambrotta and Pique by a mile. Terry's brillance wasnt just his defending and his body on the line style. He scored loads of goals for a CB and was one of the best at playing balls into space for Wingers on the other touchline and with both feet as well. Only thing Pique has over him IMO is pace which Terry never had
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

I don't.

And this team of the generation for me would depend on what I wanted from my team and I want my Attacking players to get over 10 goals and Assists every year so Lamaprd is Ideal for that

love at first sight

Banned
    Pique??

**** me Plague

I understand that he plays for teams like Spain and Barca who win a lot of trophies but reality is both sides have been pretty poor at defending for years

The keep the ball shit they done worked really well to keep the opposition from attacking as they rarely seen it

On the off chance they coughed it up both teams were gettable if you got through the first wave of pressing they done

Can't class Pique as a top shelf defender when he isn't in a team that defends well and never has been

Blokes at Juve or the one Suarez bit plus the one they flogged to AC Milan are superior defenders to Pique everyday of the week

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Pique??

**** me Plague

I understand that he plays for teams like Spain and Barca who win a lot of trophies but reality is both sides have been pretty poor at defending for years

The keep the ball shit they done worked really well to keep the opposition from attacking as they rarely seen it

On the off chance they coughed it up both teams were gettable if you got through the first wave of pressing they done

Can't class Pique as a top shelf defender when he isn't in a team that defends well and never has been

Blokes at Juve or the one Suarez bit plus the one they flogged to AC Milan are superior defenders to Pique everyday of the week
    He bit Chiellini and Ivanovic and some dude in the Dutch League

love at first sight

Pique??

**** me Plague

did it even dawn on you for a moment that they won all those trophies because their opposition rarely had the ball because blokes like Pique as a centreback had more skill on the ball that the average centre midfielder?

of course you didnt.

again, chuck your team on paper. heck, chuck 3 teams down and lets see em.
    we can all have a larf at the names each of us leave out.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Coles is probally the only defender who got the better of C.Ronaldo nearly every game they played. Hence why towards the end of his United days he played on the left of their midfield. And ill give you Cannavaro and Madlini but Terry was better then Zambrotta and Pique by a mile. Terry's brillance wasnt just his defending and his body on the line style. He scored loads of goals for a CB and was one of the best at playing balls into space for Wingers on the other touchline and with both feet as well. Only thing Pique has over him IMO is pace which Terry never had

i loved this post so much i stuck all my favourite bits in bold and large so i can re-read when im feeling down and need to smile.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

did it even dawn on you for a moment that they won all those trophies because their opposition rarely had the ball because blokes like Pique as a centreback had more skill on the ball that the average centre midfielder?

of course you didnt.

How far are we going back for the teams?

love at first sight

i loved this post so much i stuck all my favourite bits in bold and large so i can re-read when im feeling down and need to smile.
    Don't know why your laughing but we all have our own views of the world

love at first sight

Banned

of course you didnt.

Did it even dawn on you that those teams won so many trophies not because they had this bloke at the back but because they had Iniesta in midfield ??

Bloke is the greatest player on the planet

How far are we going back for the teams?
    oh man just chuck down whoever you want. im basing mine on who ive seen play so prob late 90's onwards. i can only form my opinion on what ive seen so when Jetmaster and Dunster talk about watching Adam and Eve having a kickabout in the back yard im cool with that too.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Don't know why your laughing but we all have our own views of the world
    no no, im legit serious.
    im all for blokes caping up for their favourites. im 100% that i think Iniesta is the best player ive ever seen (or maybe Zidane, but whatever) and people think im nuts for it.
    but no one can tell me otherwise.

edit: the fact Member agrees with me shows what lunatic side of the argument im on.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Did it even dawn on you that those teams won so many trophies not because they had this bloke at the back but because they had Iniesta in midfield ??

Bloke is the greatest player on the planet
    shhhhh thats our secret.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    So how far we going back

And what the criteria

You said something about Poms being world class and it sprung from there this debate

Define what you want in this team first??

oh man just chuck down whoever you want. im basing mine on who ive seen play so prob late 90's onwards. i can only form my opinion on what ive seen so when Jetmaster and Dunster talk about watching Adam and Eve having a kickabout in the back yard im cool with that too.
    Ok sounds fun

Formation 4-4-2 wide

Gk- Buffon
    Rb- Cafu Cb- Maldini Cb- Cannavaro Lb- Roberto Carlos
    Cdm- Makalele
    Rm- Messi Cam- Ronaldinho Lm- Cristiano Ronaldo
    St- Ronaldo St- Henry

Coach- Sir Alex Ferguson

love at first sight

So how far we going back

And what the criteria

You said something about Poms being world class and it sprung from there this debate

Define what you want in this team first??
    20 years.
    players as close to their 'regular' positions.
    pick 2 starting XI's.
    design your teams to win games if they played against each other.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Ok sounds fun

Formation 4-4-2 wide

Gk- Buffon
    Rb- Cafu Cb- Maldini Cb- Cannavaro Lb- Roberto Carlos
    Cdm- Makalele
    Rm- Messi Cam- Ronaldinho Lm- Cristiano Ronaldo
    St- Ronaldo St- Henry

Coach- Sir Alex Ferguson

ahhh see, straight away you chucked in Makele, who i loved, but i also love Busquets, who id also forgotten about until the Member brought him up.
    this might be fun. ima need to think on this.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh and feel free to edit if you forgot someone, because i will for sure.
    Seems like I am WRONG