Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2017

WSW have released a statement saying that they've banned 14 ppl from the RBB for 18 months, and rest of them are on notice to pull their heads in or risk their active area being shut down. About bloody time.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

The Club also provides notice that should there be any further breach of the Spectator Code of Behaviour in the Active Supporter area or on any RBB official social media platform that active area will be shut down for a period of time as determined by the Club.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    WSW have released a statement saying that they've banned 14 ppl from the RBB for 18 months, and rest of them are on notice to pull their heads in or risk their active area being shut down. About bloody time.
    Haha, it will only be 14 alias' they use to get extra Centrelink benefits.

Besides, Graham Arnold doesnt even have a blue face.

Storm in a teacup etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    i think the best thing is the fact that a bunch of roided up, "no-homo" muscle bros got together and meticulously painted a big, veiny, cock purely for this purpose
    Other wsw douches wondering why the rrb isnt kid friendly. fkn biggest retards.

kudos to some random bloke on 442 foz nicknaming the whole affair "Blowghazi"

Just as an aside, but something that needs to be very carefully looked at, is the way some of these headlines are worded.
    The president of Australia's first gay soccer club, Sydney Rangers FC, has called for one-year bans for all fans involved in the display of an anti-gay banner during the Sydney Derby.
    emphasis mine.
    but 'anti-gay'?

because somehow the debate quickly shifts to whether this is 'anti-gay' or 'hate speak' rather than focusing on the idiots that did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Depends on your POV, as a hetero white bloke I would call it homophobic/derogatory. I wouldn't see that as specifically anti-gay.
    Not being gay myself however, I couldn't and wouldn't assume how anyone in the LGBTQI community felt about it.

Homophobic? how? Put long hair in the pic and thered be another group up in arms.

but id be more focused on the anti family sentiment unless you like your kids to see that stuff, which noone else in here seems to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    but id be more focused on the anti family sentiment
    yeah see for mine this is the real target.
    it was just plain rude, derogatory and unacceptable.

but not 'anti' anything.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

I see the banner as meaning that Graham Arnold is a cocksucker, with the undertone of implying homosexuality in a negative way (which of course is wrong in this case, because he's just a total khunt, which has asshole undertones without the homosexuality aspect). I can't speak for the QWERTY community or whatever the acronym is, but I doubt they consider randoms calling them cocksuckers in public to be a compliment...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Homophobic? how? Put long hair in the pic and thered be another group up in arms.

but id be more focused on the anti family sentiment unless you like your kids to see that stuff, which noone else in here seems to mind.
    The fact that it would be considered sexist if it was depicting a woman actually shows it was homophobic for mine.

Like turbo said, telling someone to suck a dick is an insult born from homophobia/sexism that insinuates people who do that are bad/lesser than us straight men.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

the only thing better than outrage culture is the outrage shown by blokes that get offended by people being outraged by things

how fkn stupid is the modern world

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    but I doubt they consider randoms calling them cocksuckers in public to be a compliment...
    valid point.
    never looked at it that way.

Cheers,
    Plague.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    how fkn stupid is the modern world
    yeah but the TV's are huge now and flights to cool places overseas are pretty cheap all things considered.

this lyfe aint all bad.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Geez, hope we don't put up any "G**o" banners this weekend.

We haven't come too far though. Throughout most houses at Cambridge University between 1890-1950's economics was called the gay science simply because an overwhelming majority of the academics participated in same sex relations. On the other hand though, these same people were very influential with respect to public policy / government and would never have condoned same sex relations between anyone in the general public. In fact, the many of these academics even had wives.
    It all goes back to the divide and conquer strategies of many religions and not only has it captured religious types it seems to have grabbed a few atheists and agnostics as well.
    In my family I have several gay members and none of them or their partners would be offended by the poster, and none of them think gay marriage should be a priority given other aspects of society require far more urgent attention.
    Hence, when people automatically assume that a few loud individuals speak for the entire group most times you are going to be missing the truth by a fair margin.

As Plague alluded to....the banner doesn't need validation from any group.

It was just "offensive"....would have been the same if there was a big hand giving "Arnie" the finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    As Plague alluded to....the banner doesn't need validation from any group.

It was just "offensive"....would have been the same if there was a big hand giving "Arnie" the finger.
    Agreed. It's in the best interests of the game to keep it family friendly. THe last thing the game needs is parents refusing to bring children to games because of the actions of a few idiots.

The fact that it would be considered sexist if it was depicting a woman actually shows it was homophobic for mine.

Like turbo said, telling someone to suck a dick is an insult born from homophobia/sexism that insinuates people who do that are bad/lesser than us straight men.
    Go suck a dick

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    We got a moron here
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week