Page 35 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

I like Kanta but he needs to leave Newcastle and get out of his comfort zone. Nothing challenges him here. All his friends and family are close, everything is familiar. Too easy, no struggle

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I like Kanta but he needs to leave Newcastle and get out of his comfort zone. Nothing challenges him here. All his friends and family are close, everything is familiar. Too easy, no struggle
    if he's to be believed he got interest from other clubs and he honestly would've been better taking the risk with his career and giving one of them a go. considerin if he crashed and burned somehwere else we'd probably take him back in a heartbeat i see no reason for him not to give it a run and actually free us up the spot to sign someone a bit better

his biggest asset is versatility but cowburn offers the same thing, you could argue who's better or worse but if ya got one we don't need two

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    if he's to be believed he got interest from other clubs and he honestly would've been better taking the risk with his career and giving one of them a go. considerin if he crashed and burned somehwere else we'd probably take him back in a heartbeat i see no reason for him not to give it a run and actually free us up the spot to sign someone a bit better

his biggest asset is versatility but cowburn offers the same thing, you could argue who's better or worse but if ya got one we don't need two
    Cowburn is nowhere near the class of Kanta. Never will be. As for versatility it doesn't matter - Cowburn is simply not of the standard we require - at any position. I'm not saying he's not good or doesn't put in the effort - just that he's not proven himself yet and had plenty of time to do so. He'll make a great state league player in the near future. We can do much better - and Kanta with subsidies / concessions is a better choice.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 20-05-2017 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Cowburn is nowhere near the class of Kanta. Never will be. As for versatility it doesn't matter - Cowburn is simply not of the standard we require - at any position. I'm not saying he's not good or doesn't put in the effort - just that he's not proven himself yet and had plenty of time to do so. He'll make a great state league player in the near future. We can do much better - and Kanta with subsidies / concessions is a better choice.
    Your Kidding Cowburn at present is Head and Shoulders above Kanta in every way except slide tackling
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    That's not me arguing who's better out of Kanta or cowburn, it's more me saying that we already have Cowbie signed and he offers the versatility of Kanta, plus I wanna see Kanta move on for his own good as well to see if he can grow outside of this club who haven't done much for him the past bunch of years

http://footballcentral.com.au/os-aus.../#.WR9Y_-rSXqB

Let's get speculation going so the herald has some material.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Not a chance.

Kruse is on a massive salary in China. It's what lured him from Leverkusen.

Stubbins signed Ninkovic for 240k and beat SFC in the process. When Tinks went under Ninkovic went back to SFC and took their deal.

I beleive Ibini's loan salary was quite low as he took a modest salary to sign with Brugge.
    Kruse is on no salary in china... that's the whole reason he's available because of months without pay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Kruse is on no salary in china... that's the whole reason he's available because of months without pay.
    He will get paid though

His club are notorious for late payment

If they don't pay they will get relegated etc

So Kruse will get his cash just a little late

That being said he needs a new club

Now assuming we qualify for Russia he missed out last time through injury

Whereabouts he go will be dictated by where he can play and impress Ange

Being that Bert coached him before we are not as far out of the picture as one may think

Read the Herald today, he was signed for 2mill a season in China. There is no way he is accepting anything less than marquee here.

A close sauce of I spotted James Holland at the Junction today
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Alistair Quinn ? What happened to him ? Went to Holland played for a few years as a junior then in 2nd tier of senior football in Holland - then came back to Brisbane to play in the domestic league.
    He's only 24 or so and can play as either a left or right back. Unless he's injured he'd be well worth a trial with the club.

and how exactly did you come up with this hot take?

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    A close sauce of I spotted James Holland at the Junction today
    Yeah I read that somewhere.

What Plague? You think he is challenged here? Really?

What Plague? You think he is challenged here? Really?
    I don't know, you're the one with the knowledge on all things Kanta apparently.

im just wondering how you know this. If hes a mate and has confided in you then great, or if you are in the profession of analysing people from afar on their mental state then thats also cool.

otherwise i think you're observations of him are biased and uninformed.

thats why i asked for clarity.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Who needs a challenge ? It's a job and the idea is to make as much as you need for the least possible effort. So I think Kanta is doing well enough.

Mariners targetting Baro

http://footballcentral.com.au/os-aus.../#.WR9Y_-rSXqB

Let's get speculation going so the herald has some material.
    Would take Wilkshire for sure!
    Would he need to be marquee? Guys like Valeri have come home and not been.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Would take Wilkshire for sure!
    Would he need to be marquee? Guys like Valeri have come home and not been.

No thanks.

We're also good in the Defending/Holding Mid space.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post

No thanks.

We're also good in the Defending/Holding Mid space.
    We are definitely NOT good in the DM space. We have Ugar and a bunch of guys who are not A League standard. Look at every championship team in recent years and they have had absolute quality in the 2 DM roles. O'Neill and Brilliante (and Dimitrejevic), Milligan and Valeri are just 2 recent examples. It is the engine room of every top team

In saying that I don't think Wilkshire is the answer to that problem