Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

Whats the point of having the ****ed system when they still allow a goal to stand from a clear offside. Just get rid of it ffs.

where are WSW sitting on the list of FFA's favourite teams? tonight might be enough to kill the concept.

no wait, hang on, they've already got a sponsor, so it's probably here all season.*

* until it costs sydney a game of course

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    Whats the point of having the ****ed system when they still allow a goal to stand from a clear offside. Just get rid of it ffs.
    The second review was a half arsed effort....as if they thought they'd wasted enough time.

Kossie on the attack.....Bozza spouting excuses....."its here to stay"....ffs

Hill has been a vocal objector before its introduction (rightly so IMHO). And as for Bozza, it’s not “here to stay”. It’s a trial, and one that I think most people would agree has been a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Hill has been a vocal objector before its introduction (rightly so IMHO). And as for Bozza, it’s not “here to stay”. It’s a trial, and one that I think most people would agree has been a failure.
    Is it still a trial?

And with sponsors on board, it will be here to stay
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

It's a stain on society. **** it off!

As possibly controversial as it sounds, given their overall ineptness, I'd prefer to see an extra ref in each penalty box and piss off the tech.

why not do something amazing like take the money we're wasting on this process and pay refs enough to go full time?

Kossie made a great point....A-League refs know the rules but don't really "know the game" - interpreting what should be a red or a yellow or a sharp warning. Most of them act like they just want to interpret the rules exactly and think that will be right. As Ned said at the same time the interpretations are totally screwing the system.

I still can't see why Cornflakes got sent for deliberate handball in that situation.

The VAR was supposed to work in the background to right the howlers, as expected the refs are moving to it rather than having balls and we are going down the cricket path.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 27-11-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Kossie made a great point....A-League refs know the rules but don't really "know the game" - interpreting what should be a red or a yellow or a sharp warning. Most of them act like they just want to interpret the rules exactly and think that will be right. As Ned said at the same time the interpretations are totally screwing the system.

I still can't see why Cornflakes got sent for deliberate handball in that situation.

Th VAR was supposed to work in the background to right the howlers, as expected the refs are moving to it rather than having balls and we are going down the cricket path.
    Great post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    why not do something amazing like take the money we're wasting on this process and pay refs enough to go full time?
    Exactly how is paying these cunce going to result in better refs???

Gillette Beath and co still be just as useless with extra money in their bank account each week

How about poaching 2-3 refs from elsewhere around the world . Bring them here and make the local jamokes improve

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    becasue refs will always be sh1t and the VAR is run by refs...10 got 20, 20 goto 10

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    As long as humans are refereeing football games, on or off the field, we will never have 100% perfect decisions every game. That's why this doesn't work and should be scrapped immediately.

It is killing the game. I think many of us can live with a wrong referee call made in the heat of the moment, but when you're sitting through 5 minutes of replays just so the VAR can make a bad call anyway it's a disaster. It's still a person watching a video and making a call based on perception and opinion.

This isn't tennis where the rulings are clear cut - in or out. The only thing we should seriously consider using video technology for is when a goal is awarded: did it cross the line, were they offside, etc. and even then I'm only really backing the former consideration. I'm not even in favour of overturning bookings or penalty calls.

Bozza can do one as far as I'm concerned. He has no idea.
    Last edited by parksey; 27-11-2017 at 07:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Is it still a trial?
    they just said everything will be reassesed in March, with the FFA saying one option is to get rid of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

As long as humans are refereeing football games, on or off the field, we will never have 100% perfect decisions every game. That's why this doesn't work and should be scrapped immediately.

It is killing the game. I think many of us can live with a wrong referee call made in the heat of the moment, but when you're sitting through 5 minutes of replays just so the VAR can make a bad call anyway it's a disaster. It's still a person watching a video and making a call based on perception and opinion.

This isn't tennis where the rulings are clear cut - in or out. The only thing we should seriously consider using video technology for is when a goal is awarded: did it cross the line, were they offside, etc. and even then I'm only really backing the former consideration. I'm not even in favour of overturning bookings or penalty calls.

Bozza can do one as far as I'm concerned. He has no idea.

Well said mate.

The only thing we should seriously consider using video technology for is when a goal is awarded: did it cross the line
    i wonder if it could easily be extended to determine if a ball crossed any line (goal line, byline, sideline etc). probably not, how would you know if a ball 15m in the air crossed the line?

Parkesy is right....whenever you cop a dodgy decision you don't really confirm it is dodgy till after the game when emotions have cooled. You still have the shits but it is gone and you move on. With VAR the confusion and anger are real and palpable and I can see someone taking a swing in frustration before long. It has not reduced controversy, only increased it - when did you last see a weekend with this much controversy in one hit?

How come for years in the A-League, controversial incidents have been censored on the big screen at games for fear of causing trouble in the crowd but suddenly now it is a free for all?

And look at history - how different would the football world be if Hurst's goal was disallowed, Maradona was sent off for deliberate handball.....or the Gypos were awarded a penalty in the 2008 GF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    How come for years in the A-League, controversial incidents have been censored on the big screen at games for fear of causing trouble in the crowd but suddenly now it is a free for all?
    hahaha this is a great point.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG