Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 17/18 HAL Round 12 | Newcastle Jets v WS Wanderers | Fri 22nd Dec 2017 07:50pm

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Why??

We won the game convincingly

There no reason to make subs just for the sake of getting your love child some minutes
    Game was won rest players and give bench players more minutes. Every club does this
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Game was won rest players and give bench players more minutes. Every club does this
    This ain't a console game

You don't just sub players on for the sake of it

You want these blokes throughout the squad busting their arse when they get on the park by not giving away cheap game time

Whilst ever we winning you see these subs are busting their ****s out there to impress because they want in on the fun

How you keep them that way is starve them of game time

Not hand it out for free like your suggesting

You want these blokes throughout the squad busting their arse when they get on the park by not giving away cheap game time

Whilst ever we winning you see these subs are busting their ****s out there to impress because they want in on the fun

We have injuries no harm in giving guys like Dimi and Nabbout extra rest when games are already won with 20 to go
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

i dig that blokes can have a rest but FFS lets not have any make a wish runs.

blokes gotta earn it.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

What a absolutely great night of football. A team playing championship winning stuff, entertaining as all hell and clearly there is real camaraderie among this lot.

Not withstanding the display on the park i would like to give a huge shout out and congrats to those in the active support last night. Wow talk about adding to the atmosphere, every single one of those who contributed to that performance take a bow. Just like old times it was and you all made it a most enjoyable evening for the rest of us attending.

The real losers last night apart from the cluster that is WSW was those who have not stuck solid this season. They are the ones missing out on some of the best football being played of any club this season. This team deserves to be playing in front of at least 15k every home game.

Once again well done to all those actives last night and have a great Chrissy.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    What a absolutely great night of football. A team playing championship winning stuff, entertaining as all hell and clearly there is real camaraderie among this lot.

Not withstanding the display on the park i would like to give a huge shout out and congrats to those in the active support last night. Wow talk about adding to the atmosphere, every single one of those who contributed to that performance take a bow. Just like old times it was and you all made it a most enjoyable evening for the rest of us attending.

The real losers last night apart from the cluster that is WSW was those who have not stuck solid this season. They are the ones missing out on some of the best football being played of any club this season. This team deserves to be playing in front of at least 15k every home game.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post

Well said, I agree with the lot.

my moment of the night was the sheer joy on kanta's face when he scored. dude was over the moon (and a little surprised too!), clearly the rest of the players were too.

Subbing fringe/bench players on with the game comfortably won is a better
    Option than throwing them on with the game in the balance having not played any minutes for 5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Option than throwing them on with the game in the balance having not played any minutes for 5 weeks.
    I don’t disagree but remember at least 3 blokes in our starting lineup are really just bench players once the troops get over their injuries anyway. They need the minutes too for the run home.

If you haven't seen it already, the amount of salt on the WSW foz is absolutely loltastic

Ffs you'd think these blokes hadn't ever followed a football club before.........
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    If you haven't seen it already, the amount of salt on the WSW foz is absolutely loltastic

Ffs you'd think these blokes hadn't ever followed a football club before.........
    Linky?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Linky?
    http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/fo...ers-to-shreds/
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post

I had a read of the following on WSW Foz :

This was a pathetic, heartless, inept display by a band of players many of whom look like they'd rather be sitting at home than getting paid to be professional footballers. Playing badly is one thing. Not making even a token effort is another. Those who don't want to put in that effort don't deserve to wear the shirt. Too often in modern football it's the coach who gets hung out to dry by the media, and we can already see many high profile journalists taking shots at Gombau and wondering "how long until Gombau is sacked".

Gombau right now isn't the problem.
    And fans also seem to be appreciative of Mark Bridge as well:

I thought Bridge was absolutely shyte on the pitch tonight. He's gone so far backwards. And his interview should earn him some time training alone.

I started to read a few pages for the lutz...as is my want with opposition forums
    after a Jets loss.

TL;DR past first 2 pages BUT...I cut to the chase and stumbled on Furns' post Page 10.
    Well in Furns for putting a few facts to them.

Love their tales of combat. Absolute fantasy. I've seen numerous WSW fans expelled mid game and even had a laugh as the took on each other in our car park. Can't say I have ever seen our "firms" take them on. Not worth the hassle

leaving the southern gate a Wankerers theres always youth running in starting sh*t with older turds standing behind the cars having some soggy sao time.

Luckily Vandeburg can run fast and hide behind his camera for some evo.. lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I'm usually a fan of making subs early enough for an impact, and resting key players once a game is in cruise control is usually a good idea too.

However I was completely happy with the subs last Friday. Everyone out there was still buzzing and killing it, everyone performing extremely well. No reason for anyone to come off, and when they did come off late in the game, those players received the ovation they deserved for a stellar performance.