Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All things Star Wars (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    On Finn, let's keep discussing him. What did he actually do in TLJ?
    the more i think about Finn not dying the more i imagine the 'think pieces' that would have been written about the black character being the cannon fodder (literally) in order to save the white people.

you cant tell me this type of thing wasnt focus grouped the shit out of.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    the more i think about Finn not dying the more i imagine the 'think pieces' that would have been written about the black character being the cannon fodder (literally) in order to save the white people.

you cant tell me this type of thing wasnt focus grouped the shit out of.
    for sure

the token Asian female hero. At no time did she fit the part. Maybe it was the haircut. The estrogen focused leaders were DJ's grannies. The dark force red haired gentlemen leader was as dangerous as the My little pony crew rof. The bit with Yoda summed up so much the boring 1st half could have been cut. The posing from the actors was so cliched Yank vom. Turns out I was a bit light on the ridicule in my earlier post. 3D was ok. the aircon was to die for.

Darth Vader is Lukes dad.
    Wait. Wat ??

finally got around to seeing this on Tuesday. thought the movie had way too many "endings" that they cruised on by (killing snoke, killing luke, escaping the fleet, etc etc etc). i did ultimately enjoy the movie, and as somebody else mentioned there were a few plot twists that were good/neat. not sure my expectations were met though, a little to disney/muppets in points. anywho, i'm sure i'll be off to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yeah this kinda bothered me a bit, not the flying through space that much but more the fact that she was surviving in space and able to use the force to that extent while being presumably on the verge of unconsciousness.
    when this happened i just thought "you have got to be kidding". thought we were watching the last emotional shot of carrie fisher, and then she comes back to life. to top it off, she only saved herself! way to use the force leia!

I was a bit offput by Finn being taken out while charging at the cannon, it didn't really seem to make much sense either logically or logistically (how the chick who was behind him caught up and got ahead and to the side to t-bone him?) and was just pretty dumb and anti-climactic in my opinion. Saw an analogy of if Luke got scooped up by the Falcon while on his suicide run at the death star, would have been a pretty shitty end to the movie.
    yes, there's a shot of him way out in front, and then all of the sudden she's far enough in front to swing around and come in from the side?? and he can run away from the crash, yet she dies?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    The chicken bird things and the nuns. They were worse for different reasons.
    and don't forget the crystal dogs, and the cow things that luke milked on the island. everytime i saw something like that i thought "well there's another disney toy i'll be seeing shortly". none of them even added to the story! mind you, i did laugh at one point when the nuns got pissed off when rey chopped the rock off. every time there seemed to be some trouble, oh look, a handy cute looking animal to use in our escape!

Finn had to die. That pained me that he didn't.

Also just conveniantely being in the same cell as a code breaker pick pocket pained me. Way too easy a get-out, in a movie series made up of easy outs.

Something about ghost yoda seemed wrong. He just didn't look the same to me.
    but surely finn was the way they were tracking the fleet. how else could they be doing it?

code breaker was explained by the whole double-cross at the end (i.e. he was a first order plant). makes even more sense if finn was the one they were tracking.

ghost yoda - too solid i thought. not glowing blue enough either.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo;198***
    and don't forget the crystal dogs

but surely finn was the way they were tracking the fleet. how else could they be doing it?

code breaker was explained by the whole double-cross at the end (i.e. he was a first order plant). makes even more sense if finn was the one they were tracking.

ghost yoda - too solid i thought. not glowing blue enough either.
    to be fair the crystal dogs 'helped' them escape so they kind of had a part to play. and they looked dope as ****. id have a crystal dog any day. at least the ****er wont leave hair all over my ****ing house. and if the crystals fall off my crystal dog id sweep them up and bedazzle them on my jeans or something equally as dope.

wait? was the shitty apple watch thing the way they were tracking the 'good guys'? i kind of thought that at the start, but i thought the piece of tech Finn and the token azian were trying to switch off was legit and it was a SUPER NEW SPECIAL tracker thingy.

is that not correct?

funnily enough i was reading an article today about the effort to bring back puppet yoda (as opposed to the shitty CGI Yoda from the prequels).
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/01/t...warscharacter/

they pretty much said they toned down the 'ghost' effect because they were so happy with the puppet they had made they wanted the audience to see more of it rather than a special effect. good pickup Mr Chardo.

oh, and im glad Snoke died, and died pathetically. he was only a speedbump in the road for MOODY TEEN EMO GOTH JEDI DUDE to assume full power. If Snoke stayed, then Ep.3 (or 9......or whatever the **** we are up to) becomes a carbon copy of Return of the Jedi, bad dude confronting the true big bad.

im happy they kind of went, "nah **** this big bad dude, lets have the EMO TEEN GOTH JEDI smoke him early to show how MOODY AND TEEN ANGST he is".

see now EMO GOTH TEEN JEDI answers to no one. so the effort to make him "good" becomes infinitely harder.

serious though if Rey doesnt cut that mother****er in half in the next movie ima be pissed.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh, and im glad Snoke died, and died pathetically. he was only a speedbump in the road for MOODY TEEN EMO GOTH JEDI DUDE to assume full power. If Snoke stayed, then Ep.3 (or 9......or whatever the **** we are up to) becomes a carbon copy of Return of the Jedi, bad dude confronting the true big bad.

im happy they kind of went, "nah **** this big bad dude, lets have the EMO TEEN GOTH JEDI smoke him early to show how MOODY AND TEEN ANGST he is".

see now EMO GOTH TEEN JEDI answers to no one. so the effort to make him "good" becomes infinitely harder.

serious though if Rey doesnt cut that mother****er in half in the next movie ima be pissed.
    Yeahhh...on that Snoke killin'....
    Could have sworn that the lightsabre was rotated, switched on and burns a big hole midway through his body,
    THEN the thing was force moved forwards by EMO BHOY to slice him. Only continuity fault is, when his upper body
    later slides off, he's been cut from the back to front. Ooops...

Is Chewbacca now a vegetarian ?
    Highly Disney marketable, big eyed character friend seen in the Falcon cockpit is
    off the menu..as is its friends/family.

Sniff....

I was a bit offput by Finn being taken out while charging at the cannon, it didn't really seem to make much sense either logically or logistically (how the chick who was behind him caught up and got ahead and to the side to t-bone him?) and was just pretty dumb and anti-climactic in my opinion. Saw an analogy of if Luke got scooped up by the Falcon while on his suicide run at the death star, would have been a pretty shitty end to the movie.
    yes, there's a shot of him way out in front, and then all of the sudden she's far enough in front to swing around and come in from the side?? and he can run away from the crash, yet she dies?
    Simple answer: Americas Cup - final race 1983. Go wide, use the winds there to your advantage and cut him of on the leeward mark.

PS They shoudda kept her hot sister in the 'lead' asian role and killed of the fatty...

The Leia space flight.

When the camera zooms in on her face after her hand quivers, I was waiting of the eyes to open.
    On cue, they do...except the force is so strong in this one, they don't freeze over....at 2.7 degrees Kelvin.

Benicio del Toro/DJ
    Was half expecting him to blurt out at any time (in English please?):- Hand me the keys you c**k sucker...wat da faq?

What's the bet there's bloopers on the cutting room floor from I, II & III of Samuel L Jackeon/Mace Windu
    rippin' a few Mother F***ers on set?

Also, when the last rebel ship is running with it's back shield deflecting the blasts, why doesn't the
    poor man's David Wenham look alike command a Star Destroyer to just nip off for a bit into hyper space and return in front of it?

Aside form all this bitchin', I liked this one a whole lot more than The Force Awakens - which was for all intents and purposes,
    A New Hope on steroids.

I've made a point of seeing these in the year they were released and for the first time, I watched a SW film in 3D.
    Wasn't sure I was going to get to see it in 2017 though. Rocked up Dec 30th to the shopping center, formerly known as Uncle Frank's place.
    2:30pm was Gold Class - sold out. Came back for 3:40pm (with 20? 30min of ads??) and told it was V/Max n 3D. Thought, fk it, do it!
    THEN, around that scene where fatty and Finn are exchanging pleasantries about deserters, the 3D wigs out. Vertical stripes were flicking across
    the screen, then it freezes on a frame of Finn, just before she zaps him...with the sound continuing into where they work out how the FO are Hyperspace Tracking.
    I thought I was cursed! They rewound it and all was good after that.

3D V/Max a good choice in the end. Will be doing the same for IX.

a little to disney/muppets in points. anywho, i'm sure i'll be off to the next one.
    Honestly when I read criticism about the birds, milk-frogs, nuns, etc I can't help but point out that Ep 4-6 were filled with happy funny little fuzzy characters and really wanky moments. Ewok dance parties, little critters getting zapped/eaten, basically the entire Cantina Bar, and how about all those scenes that would just fade out with this really weird smiley laughy face of Harrison Ford or some shit. Take the rose coloured glasses off and review some of the moments in the best Star Wars movies and yall will want to poke out your eyes. I don't find the current ones any more Disneyed than previous tbh.
    OK

when this happened i just thought "you have got to be kidding". thought we were watching the last emotional shot of carrie fisher, and then she comes back to life. to top it off, she only saved herself! way to use the force leia!
    The writers had tonnes of opportunities to do Fisher justice and kill her off in a really great way.

Instead, they continually ignored this avenue and now we're going to read about it in the opening scrolling credits in Ep IX. Massive shame.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    The Leia space flight.

When the camera zooms in on her face after her hand quivers, I was waiting of the eyes to open.
    On cue, they do...except the force is so strong in this one, they don't freeze over....at 2.7 degrees Kelvin.
    I fully understand people saying "it's science fiction, get over it" but Leia Poppins just didn't even go close to staying consistent with the entire series for me. I truly hated that bit.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Simple answer: Americas Cup - final race 1983. Go wide, use the winds there to your advantage and cut him of on the leeward mark.

PS They shoudda kept her hot sister in the 'lead' asian role and killed of the fatty...
    the ground you covered in these few short sentences are quite possibly the most efficient use of awesome foz talk ive ever seen.

well done sir.

and youre legit 100 about the hot azian sister. only time i cried in the movie was when she bit the dust.
    Seems like I am WRONG

I fully understand people saying "it's science fiction, get over it" but Leia Poppins just didn't even go close to staying consistent with the entire series for me. I truly hated that bit.
    listen, STAR WARS NERDY NERDS.

all i hear about is that 'space' has all these RULES and THEORIES that nerdy space nerds scoff at when watching movies.

well how about this: the rules you apply are only relevant to the 'space' that we as humans know. whats to say the 'space' that the Star Wars universe exists in doesn't have the same rules. maybe the 'space' in the star wars universe has gravity, and magic crystals, and the force?

isnt the Star Wars universe is completely unrelated to the universe that the Earth is in. So your rules dont apply here nerds. maybe there are like 50 different universes with all different properties. did you ever think of that NERDZ???????

HUH?

HUH???????

stupid nerds.
    Seems like I am WRONG

listen, STAR WARS NERDY NERDS.

all i hear about is that 'space' has all these RULES and THEORIES that nerdy space nerds scoff at when watching movies.
    My issue is it didn't even closely feel consistent with its own universe.

There is a lot in the series that is ridiculous compared to what we know our current world as..

But Poppins Leia seemed a stretch even taking into context the absurdities SW has.
    OK

My issue is it didn't even closely feel consistent with its own universe.

There is a lot in the series that is ridiculous compared to what we know our current world as..

But Poppins Leia seemed a stretch even taking into context the absurdities SW has.
    the joint has been absurd from day 1.

silly nerds are more than welcome to make up their own space stories. would be factually correct but lame as all ****.

goddamn nerds.
    Seems like I am WRONG

but legit, Mary Poppins Leia was just bad movie making.
    Seems like I am WRONG

The writers had tonnes of opportunities to do Fisher justice and kill her off in a really great way.

Instead, they continually ignored this avenue and now we're going to read about it in the opening scrolling credits in Ep IX. Massive shame.
    She was alive when they finished shooting. Carrie Fisher died after shooting and was supposed to a big role in episode 9
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    She was alive when they finished shooting. Carrie Fisher died after shooting and was supposed to a big role in episode 9
    Hollywood can do so many things in "post". They could have done it so easily.
    OK