Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
Will they all go to Europe, or will the less skilled ones end up in better paid leagues such as India, Malaysia etc (assuming wages here fall)? If our league doesn't match other leagues of a similar standard (or inferior) when it comes to wages, why would they come back? If you don't make it in Europe, then you don't make it. I think I would prefer the likes of the players you mentioned in our league, helping it draw TV, crowds etc, rather than them heading off to South Africa, USA, China or where ever. If our better players left the league, do you think Fox would continue to pay?
Are you saying Hoffman BK and Boogaard are helping to draw TV ratings and crowds because that is the best thing I have ever heard ROFL

As for Foxtel quite frankly I dont give a **** about their interests
PayTV is for all intensive purposes a dead end medium

I would also say that Foxtel have manipulated the game for their benefit the last 13 years and have in a lot of ways done a lot of harm
I wouldnt think that coverage from them is the be all and end all of things

Would a change here even if it meant less $$ be a bad thing if it actually got us the exposure or promotion the code needs ??

As for your concern about blokes going to Leagues like India and Malaysia etc

Isnt that already happening now in recent years??

Didnt we have a pile of Socceroos go play in China when they were throwing the stupid cash about??
What about all the Skips going and getting paid at cashed up Gulf Clubs??

Plenty of people already getting out of Oz for the $$ Why would your suggestion be any different??