Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 11 | Melbourne City v Newcastle Jets | Sun 6th Jan 2019 500pm

Whole game will be waved away with Socceroos playing tonight.
    Kossie on Shootout our only hope.

Kurt Ams should never ref in this league again, but will be defended to the hilt by the FFA regardless of his performance because "Respect".
    Farcical.

Capped off one of the worst A-League refereeing performances by giving Boogs a yellow for a completely legitimate tackle in the final minute of stoppage time.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Great Newy spirit (even the Member might agree)
    Sh1t refereeing

We need to start wearing light blue if we ever want a fair shake from refs

Banned
    First up

I would like to.congratulate the 10 blokes who busted their arse out there today

It actually shows how far we have come as a club

In years gone by after 2 games already this week in torrid conditions and going down to 10 as we did it would have been easy to see us fall.apart and ship 4/5/6 etc

But credit to these blokes for not only.digging in but having a red hot go

As for the referee gee whiz that will take some explaining

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Really? I dont get that from Miller at all. I get the impression hes still very attached to us, not the other way around.
    You want to hear a commentator that hates us you need to listen to Andy "2 penos" Harper
    At one stage today he was talking about the Jets and let slip the word "US"

Dont usually hear that from.commentators unless Slater is commentating on a BlueAids game

If Kurt Ams ever gets appointed to a Jets game again I hope we refuse to play
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Ref was embarrassing, disgraceful, can't find the words really.
    However... it wasn't very clever of Ronny to shout f*ck off right in his face.
    Everyone knows only Brosque is allowed to do that.
    Ronny looked very nervous from the start... looking for a way out?

Only rumour....but word around social media already that VAR (under Zetter) was not functioning properly, hence no reviews whatsoever.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    double effay has a new tactic with VAR to turn it off when the refereeing us so bad that seeing it in slow motion only makes it worse for these incompetent nincompoops

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Only rumour....but word around social media already that VAR (under Zetter) was not functioning properly, hence no reviews whatsoever.
    Wouldn't this be a hoot

For the life of me i don't think i have ever watched a competition anywhere in the world where the refs have an influence over the results like this one. Week after week these pea brains such as Beath,Gillett and Ams just ruin games with there inability to just do there jobs properly.
    Last edited by 380; 06-01-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    For the life of me i don't think i have ever watched a competition anywhere in the world where the refs have an influence over the results like this one. Week after week these pea brains such as Beath,Gillett and Ams just ruin games with there in ability to just do there jobs properly.
    I blame the "Godfather", Matthew Breeze. From there we went to Ben Williams and it has got worse since.

I actually expected Vargas to be rested. Was gash last game and his frustration levels have been rising rapidly of late.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Capped off one of the worst A-League refereeing performances by giving Boogs a yellow for a completely legitimate tackle in the final minute of stoppage time.
    actually this is a lost but very valid point in the whole ref debate.
    that was such a blatantly wrong call, not only to call a foul but to offer up a card.
    i think this was the worst decision he made all day, but due to it being at the end of the game no one will care.

refs boss should hook him on that one alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Was gash last game and his frustration levels have been rising rapidly of late.
    yeah after he gave away the first yellow Captain Obvious must have said something to him because he unloaded. there were **** offs, finger wags and general dismissiveness. from there you could tell he was gonna have a rough rest of the game.
    Obviously Ernie cant hook him after 5 min but he seems like he was wound up pretty tightly the second it kicked off.
    Captain and Coach should have tried to water that one down.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    yeah after he gave away the first yellow Captain Obvious must have said something to him because he unloaded. there were **** offs, finger wags and general dismissiveness. from there you could tell he was gonna have a rough rest of the game.
    Obviously Ernie cant hook him after 5 min but he seems like he was wound up pretty tightly the second it kicked off.
    Captain and Coach should have tried to water that one down.
    No **** him

Both cards were brain dead stupid things to do

If that was Boogaard I would be currently burning an effigy on the streets of Kotara South

I backing next Saturday Dimi goes into 10 and we start to look a lot better without this princess in the side

I backing next Saturday Dimi goes into 10 and we start to look a lot better without this princess in the side
    other than fitness you'd have to think the easy option is Dimi in the middle (which im also happy to see) and Jair or Shep Proudfoot out wide.

id keep everyone else as is, they put in a great effort today. let em get their revenge next match.
    Seems like I am WRONG

No **** him

Both cards were brain dead stupid things to do

If that was Boogaard I would be currently burning an effigy on the streets of Kotara South

Regardless of what you may have heard during the Fox broadcast about his second yellow being for mouthing off that is total rubbish and officials trying to cover there asses for the poor handball call.

Considering you are man of great detail you would have picked up useless Ams already had the yellow out before Vargas gobbed off meaning he pulled the yellow out for the handball which was a stupid decision making your claim that the second yellow is brain dead stupid. I know you not a Ronnie fan but that second yellow was not for gobbing off.

i think the handball actually took a deflection off a defender right before it hit him.
    so even if we're being petty on the 'hand to ball/ball to hand thing', the point remains that the 2nd yellow wasnt due to his stupidity.

but

even if the ref didnt pull out the yellow for the handball, ive no doubt Ronnie was going to explode over the penalty decision anyway and still would have ended up copping a 2nd for dissent.

he was off his meds tonight. no hiding that.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Regardless of what you may have heard during the Fox broadcast about his second yellow being for mouthing off that is total rubbish and officials trying to cover there asses for the poor handball call.

Considering you are man of great detail you would have picked up useless Ams already had the yellow out before Vargas gobbed off meaning he pulled the yellow out for the handball which was a stupid decision making your claim that the second yellow is brain dead stupid. I know you not a Ronnie fan but that second yellow was not for gobbing off.
    If he hadnt of needlessly taken a ****ing dive after the hand ball he aint getting booked is he??
    Also why is his hands therr in the first place??
    That not how you defend corners

As for the first foul Dimi does the exact thing 20 times a game but doesnt kick someone needlesdly

All Vargas problems today arr entirely self inflicted