Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ownership 2023

This will definitely increase the chances of a sale.
    Potential new owners will only have to deal with the appointed firm to agree a sale.
    We have always been for sale.
    Previous negotiations were unprofessionally handled by the club which contributed to no deals getting over the line.
    I highly doubt we will have new owners by Christmas as these things take time.
    Unless this firm has already done due diligence with other interested parties from the selling of Perth.
    I guess its possible this firm approached the Jets and said we have interested parties who missed out on Perth.
    If you give us the opportunity for this sale we are confident we can get you a new owner !

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    What a rubbish announcement.
    No owner lined up it seems.
    No new news.
    Edit: rubbish from the perspective that we were here reading into it. No black and white facts. Just the usual ambiguous release.

Only promising thing is this Korda mob seemed to expedite the Perth sale.
    I can’t see us becoming a Saudi play thing.
    Should make a play for Newcastle United’s EPL owners to buy us. We already have scope to give them a green kit.

There's been rumours of unrealistic numbers being asked for to part with the licence.

If that's the case, outsourcing the process could be beneficial in managing expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    There's been rumours of unrealistic numbers being asked for to part with the licence.

If that's the case, outsourcing the process could be beneficial in managing expectations.
    Iv'e heard 25mil is the price from many different sources
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Newcastle Herald today:

A-League soccer, 2023: New sellers KordaMentha strong interest in Jets
    By James Gardiner
    October 25 2023 - 8:03pm

The company charged with selling the Newcastle Jets has received strong "interest" from potential buyers.

The Jets announced on Monday that financial advisory firm KordaMentha had taken over the sale of the franchise, with the aim to have a deal finalised by Christmas.

"We announced it [Monday] and the level of inbound inquiry has been significant from good-profile companies who have the financial capabilities and motivation to complete," KordaMentha lead partner Scott Langdon told Australian Community Media.

"We've had interest from people with local ties to the Newcastle community to Australians to the global stage so I don't think there is any shortage in buyers for the franchises."

We've had interest from people with local ties to the Newcastle community to Australians to the global stage.

- KordaMentha partner Scott Langdon
    Four owners of rival clubs have been bankrolling the Jets since Chinese businessman Martin Lee had his licence stripped in January, 2021.

KordaMentha last week brokered the sale of Perth Glory, who had gone into administration in July, to Melbourne property moguls Robert Brij and John Nekic.

That transfer followed confirmation that American billionaire Bill Foley had secured the licence for an Auckland franchise, due to enter the competition next season.

Australian Professional Leagues (APL), who run the A-League, also hope to expand the competition to Canberra.

A-Leagues commissioner Nick Garcia told Australian Community Media he hoped to have a Canberra owner in place early in December to give the club time to prepare for the transfer window opening in January.

Langdon said having the Jets on the market would help generate interest in the A-League and benefit the Canberra bid.

"I don't think there'll be any negativity, if anything it'll only enhance the prospects of Canberra getting a licence," he said. "You look at the Perth licence last week, there's an Auckland licence that's also been announced and we're running a sales process in terms of the Newcastle Jets."

While the APL declined to comment on how the Jets sale might impact Canberra, it's believed the capital's search for an owner was progressing well.

Langdon felt the Matildas' stunning World Cup run in Australia earlier in the year was still generating interest in soccer.

"I think [the A-League is] on a really positive trajectory. I think that's the rationale," Langdon said. "The momentum behind the Matildas in 2023 - that's what we're all going to remember 2023 for, is the wave of energy and support for the Matildas - and I think there's just a strong trend towards soccer in Australia. "Their participation numbers stand up on their own two feet - it's the highest football code played by Australians under 35 and that's seriously impressive and a good trend."
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

https://www.soccerscene.com.au/korda...rm-investment/

KordaMentha Partner Scott Langdon on why the Newcastle Jets need long-term investment
    Alex Bagdasarian
    11 hours ago
    McDonald Jones Stadium - Newcastle Jets
    Image credit: Grant Sproule

The sale of Newcastle Jets has been announced by the club’s Executive Chairman Shane Mattiske, where they have appointed professional services firm KordaMentha to oversee the formal process.

A consortium of parties formed in 2021 that was linked to other A-League clubs was initially started as a provisional measure to maintain the Club, to put out a team that could compete and strong growth during a challenging period for the Jets in the middle of the Covid crisis back in January 2021.

KordaMentha is an independent and reliable firm providing their knowledge on cybersecurity, forensic, financial crime, performance improvement, real estate and restructuring services across the Asia-Pacific region.

Fast forward to now, the owners of today have been responsible for the successes of the increasing membership signups, captivating more sponsors and developing a strong core of talent through the Youth Academy.`

KordaMentha Partner Scott Langdon spoke to Soccerscene – providing an insight of his involvement in the sale process, what he hopes to achieve for the club and the A-Leagues as well.

“The shareholders reached out to us a few weeks ago in relation into commencing a sale of the club – they considered at the time to put Newcastle Jets on the market and find a long-term owner, for someone that won’t be there for a short period of time,” he said.

“The current shareholders didn’t have the intention of being there long-term, so we need to be there for Newcastle to get them through a challenging period.

“Shane has done a great job in getting the club as a business back on its feet – it’s now in a position where it’s stabilised and it’s time for a long-term owner in a natural progression stage for the club.”

Langdon explained what he sees in Newcastle and why should someone should get behind them, tapping into the unique area they represent.

“In the last couple of weeks that l have been involved, it has been overwhelming, for the local community and the region that Newcastle has and the support for them,” he said.

“l think that whilst we are looking globally to find an owner and we are having conversations with people throughout the world, there is a great ability to connect within the Newcastle region which is a very passionate soccer region.”

“The strong local links to the community is another key reason why we’re involved, and it’s an exciting opportunity to be part of the process.”

As recently seen with Perth Glory and their new Australian consortium owners Primeland Group signing the contract, Langdon shared whether KordaMentha is looking for someone within Australia or abroad.

“We are definitely looking on a global stage for a long-term owner – we have attracted interest within our first 48 hours from around the globe,” he said.

“We are all focused on completing it by Christmas which we think is entirely achievable.”

Newcastle Jets now has highly competitive men’s and women’s A-League teams, underpinned by a strong academy containing 13 boys’ and girls’ teams delivering exciting talent into these squads.

It is now a key time for the club to follow suit with what has gone ahead at Perth Glory, to lock in a sustainable future.
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

What’s our longest ownership been?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    What’s our longest ownership been?
    Con - 2000 to 2010

Why isn?t NNSW assisting in the sale of the club ( apologies if they silently are) surely it is in their best interest to have a team in a professional league team within their boundaries, a pinnacle for their development players to aspire to. Yes they act on behalf of members and provide what they do for them but I?d dare say a very high majority of their members would appreciate whatever can be done to keep a licence in Newey

Banned
    If this Korda Mentha group find us an owner in the next two months then I think that has some blatantly obvious questions that needs answering

1 What the **** was the last guy doing trying to get us sold ??

FFS they found an owner for Glory in a week or two and haven't been able to find us one in 3 years

2 Have the 4 clubs propping us up intentionally been white anting us from within by forcing us to play with the shit players we have been given to give their clubs a competitive advantage over a rival team??

Reading the articles and reading between the lines, they’ll have us believe that the club has been “low key for sale” the entire time. But over this period they have been trying to get our books in order and have everything lined up to make us look more attractive on paper (e.g memberships, sponsorships, youth teams, women’s team). And to maximise their profit.
    Again, they’ll have us believe we were in a shambles compared to Perth.

I don’t think they have ‘intentionally’ been making us play with a non competitive team. A large portion of fan base wanted Pappas and they gave him a crack, to no avail. Saying that, I don’t think we’ve had the budget or pull to bring good players in. But that’s half lack of $$$ and half because of the position we are in. I think it’s probably more from a tight arse perspective of our sugar daddies not wanting to put in more money than they already have. It would make sense for them to dump some cash, make us win the comp, sell that to prospective owners. I don’t think they have too much to gain long term out of making us shit.

From the outside, they’ve definitely done a poor job of selling us. But must be tricky to find some rich people willing to dump some cash for no reward or personal gain post covid. Think they underestimated the task when they took us over. The broadcast moneys and benefit of keeping us in the comp when they saved us, is definitely starting to be outweighed by the risk/prospect of losing money. I think that’s why they are trying to quick sell us.

Is it unreasonable to expect updates on how the process is going

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Reading the articles and reading between the lines, they’ll have us believe that the club has been “low key for sale” the entire time. But over this period they have been trying to get our books in order and have everything lined up to make us look more attractive on paper (e.g memberships, sponsorships, youth teams, women’s team). And to maximise their profit.
    Again, they’ll have us believe we were in a shambles compared to Perth.

I don’t think they have ‘intentionally’ been making us play with a non competitive team. A large portion of fan base wanted Pappas and they gave him a crack, to no avail. Saying that, I don’t think we’ve had the budget or pull to bring good players in. But that’s half lack of $$$ and half because of the position we are in. I think it’s probably more from a tight arse perspective of our sugar daddies not wanting to put in more money than they already have. It would make sense for them to dump some cash, make us win the comp, sell that to prospective owners. I don’t think they have too much to gain long term out of making us shit.

From the outside, they’ve definitely done a poor job of selling us. But must be tricky to find some rich people willing to dump some cash for no reward or personal gain post covid. Think they underestimated the task when they took us over. The broadcast moneys and benefit of keeping us in the comp when they saved us, is definitely starting to be outweighed by the risk/prospect of losing money. I think that’s why they are trying to quick sell us.
    With any any investment you get to a stage where your ROI ( return on investment ) becomes questionable then it becomes a case of off load at the earliest convenience. IMO the owners have themselves at this stage.

I have always maintained there was a magic figure that the other owners were to put in with those monies returned by way of directly selling the club and making a profit or those other club owners would be be reimbursed for there expenses from the sale of any new license(s).

With all the talk now about two new licenses being sold i reckon the clubs owners are comfortable that either way by Christmas at worst they will have broken even.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Is it unreasonable to expect updates on how the process is going
    Yes.....it's a business sale and NDA's and confidentiality agreements apply.

Buddy at the Herald told me the Herald have a story on ice about bullying in the youth ranks because of the CEO told them any bad news stops the sale. Herald told to keep quiet or no future exclusives. Herald agreed to not run the story until club sold and then front page.

WTF

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Buddy at the Herald told me the Herald have a story on ice about bullying in the youth ranks because of the CEO told them any bad news stops the sale. Herald told to keep quiet or no future exclusives. Herald agreed to not run the story until club sold and then front page.

WTF
    Surprised it took this long to get out. The hierarchy are just trying to save their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post

WTF
    Wait? You think this is a bad look for the Jets?

Maybe talk to your buddy at the Herald and ask why the journalistic standards in the place are so low they are shit scared by an organisation as toothless and pathetic as the Newcastle Jets.

I get that this is how the media works (another example of Trump being right), but by god what a lame bogeyman to brag to your mates about.

"Oooohhhh no if we sell out and are nice to the Jets we may get exclusive access to the latest cut price NPL level nobody they signed".

Newcastle media died with Ray Dineen.

Shameful.

Unless of course its a made up story and youre trolling. Which, meh, whatever.

Cheers,
    plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Front page, what a joke. There is bullying in every organisation, and even this forum. I have been bullied by the sheep quiz gang for many years, headed by the standover man pv4, but the thing is, bullies are usually stupid. The Herald is a nothing newspaper these days
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Simon Hill reported that a couple of consortium's are inspecting the club this week on his SEN show. Deal could be finalised but not announced by Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Simon Hill reported that a couple of consortium's are inspecting the club this week on his SEN show. Deal could be finalised but not announced by Christmas.
    Christmas of what year? 3023?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out