Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ownership 2023

Come on Shane

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Shane has it all under control, No wuck'n furries.
    Herald reported Stanton has meet with the ?potential? new owners. Surely it?s close

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Herald reported Stanton has meet with the ?potential? new owners. Surely it?s close
    Is it just me or is it really frigg'n poor form from our so called CEO " got it under control " Shane that information regarding new ownership always seems to be a Herald story behind a subscription.

Here is a tip Shane, The club has members who have been members since day dot in this area who know the Herald for nothing more than a Thugby League rag and do not subscribe to it who would like to also be kept up to date.

No wonder the NRL gig was just a flash in the pan for ya !!!!!!!!!!!.

Can somebody link the article?
    I had a look at a few Jets men’s articles this morning, and couldn’t see any mention of it. (The user interface has really gone downhill).

Better yet, use “print friendly” and post it up…

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Is it just me or is it really frigg'n poor form from our so called CEO " got it under control " Shane that information regarding new ownership always seems to be a Herald story behind a subscription.
    Because they are probably leaks to the Herald- it is not hard to get news tidbits behind the scenes.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Because they are probably leaks to the Herald- it is not hard to get news tidbits behind the scenes.
    To the best of my knowledge the article contained quotes from Stanton so not sure if they are leaks eh ???.

Its not the first time Jets employees Shane included have provided information re the club to the Herald that i would think all Jets members would be interested in but have no interest in a subscription to a rag such as that. Anyways Shane must have got his Chrissy's ass about.

Patience is a virtue - I can wait

I don't read MSM any more anyway so my first knowledge will be a member email. I will then know it is fact.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

8 days into the new year and still nothing

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    8 days into the new year and still nothing
    Trust Shane.

I spoke to Shane at the Women's match on Sunday, knowing he wasn't going to give anything away. He mentioned it's progressing along.

While I'm not a Shane apologist, he did mention at the last Fan's Council that there's hurdles to get through - including current owners, other owners, APL and FFA.

If any of these parties throw up hurdles or take longer than expected, that's going to lengthen the process. Many will be returning from leave this week - so who knows if some of these offices have been shutdown the last fortnight too.

That being said, an update wouldn't go astray - the silence is deafening. Even if that update is "we have parties going through due diligence" then we know where we are along the path.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I spoke to Shane at the Women's match on Sunday, knowing he wasn't going to give anything away. He mentioned it's progressing along.

While I'm not a Shane apologist, he did mention at the last Fan's Council that there's hurdles to get through - including current owners, other owners, APL and FFA.

If any of these parties throw up hurdles or take longer than expected, that's going to lengthen the process. Many will be returning from leave this week - so who knows if some of these offices have been shutdown the last fortnight too.

That being said, an update wouldn't go astray - the silence is deafening. Even if that update is "we have parties going through due diligence" then we know where we are along the path.
    Our 3 owners will 100% throw up hurdles. They want a return on their "investment" and will want a high price

That’s fine, but don’t come out with bullshit comments like before Christmas. Under promise and over deliver, don’t over promise and under deliver
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Our 3 owners will 100% throw up hurdles. They want a return on their "investment" and will want a high price
    I know right, how dare they try and run their business like a business.

why do broke ass people love nothing better than spending other people's money?

still rue the day we didn't sell to the crypto bros.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

No doubt all will be revealed once the window closes, Cynical ?.

While I'm not a Shane apologist,
    feel free to remain a plague apologist Mr Pool.

Cheers,
    plague.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Problem with that is that method and plan is never gonna sell us and will just bleed them dry until they cut us lose
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

I believe part of their investment (or most of it?) was aimed at keeping the league alive with 12 teams, TV rights etc.

In that case, they've had their return.

So yeah... they better get rid of the Jets as fast as they can and cut their losses.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Problem with that is that method and plan is never gonna sell us
    It is while ever they believe another Bill Foley is out there.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I believe part of their investment (or most of it?) was aimed at keeping the league alive with 12 teams, TV rights etc.
    So you're saying self interest got them this far.......yet now is the time to turn into Santa Claus to keep some broke ass fans happy?

Nah, they'll keep going till that cheque clears.

and they should.

So you're saying self interest got them this far.......
    I said this...

yet now is the time to turn into Santa Claus to keep some broke ass fans happy?
    ... but I didn't say this.

I said at this stage they should cut their losses.
    I think their self-interest was to keep the league alive, not to make a profit. No one in their sane mind would dream of making a profit from the Jets!