Page 54 of 97 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1927

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Surely Luis Enrique after a lie down and cup of tea is the best replacement if they want to keep playing football.

Most of these other blokes are great rah rah coaches but not sure it's gonna fly with the fans.

Simeone would have been a proper disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Surely Luis Enrique after a lie down and cup of tea is the best replacement if they want to keep playing football.

Most of these other blokes are great rah rah coaches but not sure it's gonna fly with the fans.

Simeone would have been a proper disaster.
    Personally i'd like to see Joachim Loew have a crack at it. But Luis Enrique has the right attitude for Arsenal. Give him the year off but line him up now, he and Arsene can then transition the team over to him and Wenger can become Director of Football.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Not saying you are incorrect, but the main reason he was sacked at Chelsea was because he wasn't ready for the criticism of the media and the senior players. He admitted it himself and people behind the scenes echoed the same reasons as to why he was sacked. Chelsea have built a Real Madrid like mentality within the playing group, which when it gels is hugely successful but when they have any sort of issue it can turn ugly quickly. Mourinho found that out the 2nd time as well.

Conte is doing so well because he is used to coaching a national football team. You need to be able to take big egos and make them gel quickly in a national team setup.

AVB at Spurs was a totally different story. His first season he came in and finished with Spurs highest points total, as well as the highest points total for a team to miss out on Champions league (Arsenal finished 4th by 1 point) The next year he was given new signings that he didn't agree to and was told that he needed to compete on 3 fronts from the get-go. He won 6 from 6 of his Europa League games but was struggling in the PL and was sacked abruptly. He was of the thought that trophies meant more than finishing in the top 4 and was punished for it.

He went to Zenit and almost won the league in his first 2 months after winning like 7 of their last 8 games. He won it the next year, in his first full season. Made the last 16 of the champions league the year after and won the league cup.

If he returned he would have a much better squad than the mishmash of players in that Tottenham squad, but he has said that he won't return to the EPL so it probably doesn't matter.
    Pretty sure he fell out with the spurs players as well

Personally i'd like to see Joachim Loew have a crack at it. But Luis Enrique has the right attitude for Arsenal. Give him the year off but line him up now, he and Arsene can then transition the team over to him and Wenger can become Director of Football.
    Would Wenger work with someone else?? Seems pretty against it and he pretty much runs your club

Wenger can become Director of Football.
    oh nah i reakon Wenger has to sail off into the sunset.
    Aint no big time manager coming in to have that dude sitting over the top of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Personally i'd like to see Joachim Loew have a crack at it.
    but hell yeah i think Loew would be a great manager for a big club like Arsenal.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Wenger can become Director of Football.
    Correct me if I'm wrong - the whole notion of Arsenal bringing in a Director of Football is to cover one of Arsene's weaknesses (in my opinion), his ability to negotiate transfers. From what I have read, the board are keen to create the role so that the club can stay in negotiations longer and not have Wenger's arrogance in the transfer. Wenger meets with said director and scouts, decide who he wants, and leaves it in the hands of the Director of Football.

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong - the whole notion of Arsenal bringing in a Director of Football is to cover one of Arsene's weaknesses (in my opinion), his ability to negotiate transfers. From what I have read, the board are keen to create the role so that the club can stay in negotiations longer and not have Wenger's arrogance in the transfer. Wenger meets with said director and scouts, decide who he wants, and leaves it in the hands of the Director of Football.
    Directors of Football can be one of many things depending on what the club needs. At Man City the one they have now is in charge of transfers but previously Marwood was, i think, more involved with the Youth centre and there worldwide brand.

Wenger would be more like a blueprint for youth coaches if he stayed on... But i agree with Plague that big name coaches wouldn't want to have his shadow standing over them.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Attenzione Arsenal fans, just reading the latest news about the upcoming Sydney visit.

Be prepared; there is also an AFL game at Homebush on the Saturday night - and it's the two Sydney teams playing...

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post

Be prepared; there is also an AFL game at Homebush on the Saturday night - and it's the two Sydney teams playing...
    A better game as well

Lacazette what a signing, Maybe Wenger still has some tricks up his sleeve after all
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Good to know we can attack well. Would've been nice if we had one of our 4 senior centre backs available but I'll take 3 points for the opening fixture of a premier league season.

Never change Arsenal.
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

HumiliƩ

Can Wenger survive ?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Hi Frodo............

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/08/thi...ng-at-arsenal/

"Thierry Henry didn’t hold back in his criticism of Arsenal after their 4-0 defeat at Anfield on Sunday, saying he wanted to get up and leave rather than watch the humiliation continue.

He also said the performance against Liverpool is why players like Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil are not willing to sign new deals.

Speaking on Sky Sports after the game, the club’s record goalscorer said, “It was unwatchable, at one point I wanted to leave. I don’t relate to the team and I don’t think a lot of the fans do."

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Hi Frodo............
    I love football.

I love football.
    scary thing for arsenal is it coud have easly hit double figures

The best thing I've read all day is that Arse gonna pay the buy out on Asensio which will be both hilarious and fabulous all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The best thing I've read all day is that Arse gonna pay the buy out on Asensio which will be both hilarious and fabulous all at once.
    And then play him out of position

love at first sight