Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
From the very little that i've watched he seems to be more of an attacker than a midfielder. So you've got Fabinho, Henderson, Keita as 3 starting midfielders. I don't think Fekir starts over these 3 in a gen press game plan. Oxlade, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldum as back ups. He isn't starting over Mane, Salah or Firmino in the front 3 either. You don't have any depth behind those 3 but it's a lot of money on a back up if he does come.

Not saying he won't or wouldn't do well. I just think that his signing could be linked with another player moving on from that front 3 of Liverpool.
The very little you've watched is more than waht I've watched so I'll defer to you on that one. The Anfield Wrap podcast seem to think he is coming in for versatility as well as ability. You're right - it's a lot of money, but when you don't really need to strengthen your starting line up, instead add depth, perhaps it is warranted?

If he does come in, he'd know the role he'd be playing.

Meh, keepers make errors. Neuer makes errors, Buffon is slower than an average flat earther, Donnarumma is calamatious at least once a month. The only keepers who don't make mistakes are the ones who don't face shots against them. I'd take him at Arsenal if you do decide to offload him.

That last point is very true. The fact that no liverpool player went over and picked him up was sh*te. Not a good sign as a mentality thing. You pick him up, get him into the change room and then deal with your crying. Like a real man.
I wasn't impressed that it took a while before someone went over to him. Those left on the pitch I can understand would likely deal with their own disappointment first. Danny Ward was the first LIVERPOOL player there after a few Madrid players went to see him.

I find it interesting that you would want him for Arsenal - moreso from the mistake doesn't bother you. He's never really convinced, for me, during his time there and that it took so long to displace Mignolet (in what was amongst fans a bit unwarranted at the time) says a lot. Neither he nor Migs have really stepped up and made the postion THEIRS.