Page 55 of 178 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Imo we need a new Danny for the remainder of the season and as backup/pushing for a start next season.
    Relying on a guy that's been virtually out for the season is not gonna help us make top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Imo we need a new Danny for the remainder of the season and as backup/pushing for a start next season.
    Relying on a guy that's been virtually out for the season is not gonna help us make top 4.
    That was ment to be Balo, any amateur Nostradamist could have predicted that we would struggle to score goals with our Luey or Danny simple as that.
    Rodgers is doing a good job not even Puskas would have been able to do better without Luey or Danny.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Gerrard OUT by seasons end!

As good as he is I think the team needs to move on and will have a fresh look & feel without him.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Gerrard OUT by seasons end!

As good as he is I think the team needs to move on and will have a fresh look & feel without him.
    He is not the only one who will be out by seasons end

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    That was ment to be Balo, any amateur Nostradamist could have predicted that we would struggle to score goals with our Luey or Danny simple as that.
    Rodgers is doing a good job not even Puskas would have been able to do better without Luey or Danny.
    If, at the start of the transfer window we balotelli on our list of targets to replace Suarez, **** me, they should be sacked. He is not the same type of player as Suarez or sturridge. Sterling is much better suited to striker in this Liverpool team than balo or lambert ever will be. Hell, Id prefer borini playing instead of balo or lambert. Our success last year was due to when our mids or defenders had the ball, there was always an option up front with the movement of the 2. Now we have had the same/similar midfielders all looking for that ball through and behind, but there's nothing. Our natural game is through ball and counter. When there's nothing up front, the only option is a pass to midfield or defence and we eventually turn it over.
    We've seen the potential we have when we have movement up front. Bring somebody in who will do that and given how horrendously bad/tight/surprising the league is at the moment, anything is possible.

As for Gerrard. Catch 22. I want him to stay for sentimental reasons and I feel the club should give him at least an option to remain a one club player. Have him on the bench or loan him out, but give him a contract. If we can justify keeping jones on our books, we can justify the greatest servant to lfc.

On the other side, we need to move past the mentality of him being our go to person. We need to phase him out and prepare for life after Stevie g.
    (And I want to see him play next October/November when I go over. Fml)

(And I want to see him play next October/November when I go over. Fml)
    Same for me :-( heading over in late September, early October

Nope. He's gone.

The Reds captain will bring the curtain down on a glittering Anfield career that has spanned nearly 17 years and included 10 trophies, as well as 695 appearances and 180 goals to date since joining the club's youth system aged eight.

Gerrard will not retire from professional football at the conclusion of the 2014-15 season. No decision on his new club has been made yet, but he will continue his career outside the United Kingdom and at a side that will not bring him into direct competition with Liverpool.

The 34-year-old admits it is with a heavy heart he will depart Liverpool, describing the decision as the 'toughest of his life', but has chosen to make it now to avoid speculation about his future.

Until then, the No.8 insists he will continue to concentrate all his efforts on helping Brendan Rodgers' side achieve both domestic and European success.

Explaining his decision, Gerrard said: "This has been the toughest decision of my life and one which both me and my family have agonised over for a good deal of time.

"I am making the announcement now so that the manager and the team are not distracted by stories or speculation about my future.

"Liverpool Football Club has been such a huge part of all our lives for so long and saying goodbye is going to be difficult, but I feel it's something that's in the best interests of all involved, including my family and the club itself.

"I'm going to carry on playing and although I can't confirm at this stage where that will be, I can say it will be somewhere that means I won't be playing for a competing club and will not therefore be lining up against Liverpool - that is something I could never contemplate.

"My decision is completely based on my wish to experience something different in my career and life and I also want to make sure that I have no regrets when my playing career is eventually over.

"I can't thank Brendan, the owners and everyone at the club enough for how they've handled this and I am leaving on great terms. Also, I would like to thank my teammates and all the staff for their help and continued support.

"It is a very special place to be part of. It is my sincere hope and wish that one day I can return to serve Liverpool again, in whatever capacity best helps the club.

"One point that is important to make is that from now until the last kick of the last game of the season, I will be as fully committed to the team as I ever have been and giving everything I have to help Liverpool win games.

"My final message is for the people who make Liverpool Football Club the greatest in the world - the supporters.

"It has been a privilege to represent you, as a player and as captain. I have cherished every second of it and it is my sincere wish to finish this season and my Liverpool career on a high."

Reports Rodgers offered him a contract. So at least he wasn't forced out

A contract they knew he would not accept.

Banned
    So if he has the that means Stevie G doesn't want to play for Liverpool anymore

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So if he has the that means Stevie G doesn't want to play for Liverpool anymore
    Yes that's right. He pretty much said that. So what's the problem?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yes that's right. He pretty much said that. So what's the problem?
    Just wanted to draw attention to the fact he refuses to go on playing with the club.

Obviously sees the writing on the wall that they ain't winning the EPL anytime soon and last year was his only chance to win it.

Bloke will be forever remembered for his slip up which ultimately cost the Scousers the league title

Just wanted to draw attention to the fact he refuses to go on playing with the club.

Obviously sees the writing on the wall that they ain't winning the EPL anytime soon and last year was his only chance to win it.

Bloke will be forever remembered for his slip up which ultimately cost the Scousers the league title
    Onya bike.

If you believe he will be remembered for the slip up, you are clearly deluded.
    Any supporter of football, whether you hate liverpool or not, will agree that Gerrard has been a great servant for Liverpool, England and football in general.

Regarding him "choosing to leave". A sporting career is very short lived, make hay while the sun shines... He will be back at LFC in some way shape or form in the future.

I'll take the bait.

Yeah he seen the writing on the wall, however that writing was not what you eluded to.

He realize his not getting younger and can no longer keep up with the pace required to play BPL. He selflessly stepped aside as to not hinder the future of the club (only wish a English bloke that played for us done the same instead of hold on for to long) he adores by demanding a spot in the squad based on reputation.
    He made this decision now as to not take away focus of the club he adores by not adding another distraction, everything the bloke has done in his career has been for the love of Liverpool.
    He admitted that the lowest point of his career was when he was in negotiations with the club for a new contract and all the speculation around the Chelsea offer and the resulting transfer request, I could almost guarantee he wants to avoid a similar scenario hence the decision now.

End of, Scousers and Liverpool fans all across the globe couldn't give two shits what the rest of the Footballing world think/remember about him, his the kid from Houton who has shed more blood, sweat and tears then any other player we've had and his our hero.
    Last edited by Premy; 03-01-2015 at 01:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

**** you you clueless twit. I can put up with your unintelligent ramblings about the jets, you blind obsession with bringing down everything about the jets but if you have one tiny slither of knowledge about football you last line in yet another negative post shows that you are nothing more than a bitter, whinging tool.

Gerrard has not only displayed a playing ability throughout his career that will have him talked about, not only by reds, but by those with some knowledge of the game, for years to come. He, at times throughout his career, has been up there with the best in the game. The fact that the club he has represented with distinction have failed to win the league in his time has nothing to do with a slip or anything else he has done. Quite the opposite. He has singlehandedly carried this club for many years and many games. The failure of previous owners and management has more to do with any failure associated with Liverpool FC. (Something any jets fan with a clue can relate to)

Please keep your vitriol to the jets where people know you to simply spew forth your usual rubbish.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    in future, don't take the bait, just report any trolling posts and the mods will decide and dish out bans

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    he's been past it for a while now
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    he's been past it for a while now
    Past his best.
    But he still offers something to the team. He is our leading goalscorer this season so far.

Banned
    Gee I end up getting you blokes think i am trolling you even when i had no intent.

Even expressed the same view yesterday in the pub to Hawk

I have no problem with it tbh cause its time for a change anway. The last thought is missing abit.

Bloke will be forever remembered by assholes for his slip up which didnt cost the Scousers the league title because they were never going to keep up their momentum anyway.

Now peeps can do some self assessment.