Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moofie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I love Benicio del torros character so fingers crossed
    agreed
    Amigos Aarau

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on Netflix. It's no cinema classic but still a lot of fun and easy to watch. Groot pretty much steals the show - needs his own movie.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-01-2018 at 12:12 PM.

What did you think about Drax? I think they went too far making his character an uncensored being who didn't filter his thkughts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    GOTG is like The Hangover.
    Part one was an original take on a fairly straight forward idea. The characters were the strength and you could have a whole movie of them interacting and it would be entertaining.

Part 2 was a remake of the original except The Hangover did it on purpose.

GOTG2 seemed to lack that self awareness.
    Now having watched it, I have to disagree. I thought GotG2 was self-aware enough. Heaps of references, in-jokes and pisstakes about the first one in there.

It won't live in my memory like the first one did, but I thought it was fine for a watch. I feel like you're being pretty harsh on it. It's a pretty stock standard sequel imo.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    needs his own movie.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    It's a pretty stock standard sequel imo.
    I guess that’s my issue. For how ‘original’ the first one was, the 2nd didn’t build on it at all.

Also: thinking more about it, the thing that turned me off the most was the over the top bellowing sarcastic laughter throughout the whole movie. I remember there being a gag about someone ‘fake laughing’ in the original but they must have tried that gag at least 10 times in the new one.

Ok I get it, they really still don’t like/trust each other until Vin Diesel gets his hands on the script to insert his banal ‘we’re family’ line that someone delivers towards the end.

Oh and Bautista can’t act and Bradley Coopers voice in no way ever made me feel like it was attached to that raccoon thing.

Wait a second, it’s been 6 minutes it time to put on a relatively obscure old song and do a montage see you soon.

Man I’m so much more angry at this movie talking about it than when I was watching it.

Damn you pv4.

Don't get hooked on a feeling, pal.

Didn't build on it all? It's all it DID do imo. Like you pointed out, the first was entirely about getting that cast together and it didn't matter what happened, it was going to be great. Then they've done the stock standard sequel move of further highlighting the character traits we loved in the first movie. Arguably drowning us in it, right? But that's what we all ask for in sequels. When we don't get it, we claim it was too far away from the original.

Funny enough I was talking to a person and they told me how much of a letdown the soundtrack to GOTG2 was compared to GOTG1 and "it is obviously because there are no other good songs in the world that 1 hadn't already used" and I couldn't keep a straight face.
    OK

Funny enough I was talking to a person and they told me how much of a letdown the soundtrack to GOTG2 was compared to GOTG1 and "it is obviously because there are no other good songs in the world that 1 hadn't already used" and I couldn't keep a straight face.
    Elvin Bishop was on the first movie soundtrack - you can't get any better than Elvin Bishop - he's one of the best guitarists on the planet. That is why the soundtrack on GOTG2 is a let down - no Elvin Bishop.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-01-2018 at 02:44 PM.

So are you gonna post photos of you shooting him in the face or are we just meant to assume?

Also: ‘not moving the story along’ was a poor turn of phrase.

What I meant was that whatever they were doing bored me to tears and I didn’t really care about those characters.

At all.

I didn’t care about anyone’s daddy issues, or whether that rat thing got any respect, or if the blue dude got his redemption from Sly Stallone. Geez, even Dunster said the tree thing that said the same 3 words 17 times was the highlight.

Oh and hot blue half metal lady is soooooooo getting killed by the wrinkled thumb looking dude in the Avengers team up.

So are you gonna post photos of you shooting him in the face or are we just meant to assume?
    It was a woman. And if I said anything I know terms like "mansplaining" would have been thrown around so it was easier to walk away and laugh maniacally.
    OK

It was a woman. And if I said anything I know terms like "mansplaining" would have been thrown around so it was easier to walk away and laugh maniacally.
    I don't think I've ever heard that word spoken. Just used in vigorous online debating

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Elvin Bishop was on the first movie soundtrack - you can't get any better than Elvin Bishop - he's one of the best guitarists on the planet. That is why the soundtrack on GOTG2 is a let down - no Elvin Bishop.
    OK

theres a new Pacific Rim movie coming out and it looks every bit as dumb and awesome as it should be.

if you tell me theres giant monsters and giant robots going at it then im in.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    The Post was immense.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

The Post was immense.
    Plan to see it
    Amigos Aarau

Caught a random movie on Viceland the other night..
    Night Of The Creeps..
    It was so bad that it was good. Basically just an 80's fraternity flick (ala Revenge Of The Nerds) with zombies/brain eating alien worms... Hilariously poor special effects, even worse acting, plenty of gore and cheesy one liners..
    Definitely recommend it for a laugh..

Oh, and 80's tits and bush.. Don't recommend the bush though..

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/...ers-audience-/

This has to be the funniest thing all week. I'm a huge fan of most things relating to comic books, but the DC fanboys have to be the most salty people ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/...ers-audience-/

This has to be the funniest thing all week. I'm a huge fan of most things relating to comic books, but the DC fanboys have to be the most salty people ever.
    oh look dont think there isnt a big group of people out there running up a positive score just for the hell of it too.
    and yes its just the lowest level of pettiness.
    but this is how marketing works.

it also raises a question. is there anyone out there that actually uses the Rotten Tomato score as a adjudicator on seeing a movie or not?

Manchester by the Sea scored a better rating than The Dark Knight, so theses all the info you need on that.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh look dont think there isnt a big group of people out there running up a positive score just for the hell of it too.
    and yes its just the lowest level of pettiness.
    but this is how marketing works.

it also raises a question. is there anyone out there that actually uses the Rotten Tomato score as a adjudicator on seeing a movie or not?

Manchester by the Sea scored a better rating than The Dark Knight, so theses all the info you need on that.
    I know people that do. For me it carries even less weight than critical reviews - surely its just the equivalent of youtube or facebook comments etc.

I tend to be pretty easily pleased when it comes to movies too, so a lot of the "really good" critically acclaimed movies, while I may enjoy them, I'm just as easily entertained watching "shit" movies.
    Read the title, look at the cast and maaybe the blurb. More often than not I'll watch something off a recommendation or with a friend anyway.