Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: All-purpose 2014 World Cup Brazil Thread

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    as for what you'd rather have happen to you, that's a very trivial thing. for me, bad tackles etc. happen in games but biting someone is just ****ing outrageous. it's not a rational thing to do at all.
    Having studs raked down your leg is part of the game, when it happens you pretend you're not hurt then look for a convenient opportunity settle the score. But being spat at for instance is unacceptable, if it happened to me i'd go nuts. So it's difficult to say where you'd draw the line. Being bitten is definately below the line and to do it three times is outrageous.

he shows no remorse and even has the hide to play the victim whenever he gets himself into trouble.
    That's definately the issue. The length of ban is not really relevant because when he returns it's only a matter of time until he bites someone / pulls their hair / rubs his cock on them while jostling before a corner kick.

Good points.
    He needs somebody to tell him when to stfu. His comments never help the matter. Accept the responsibility, i ****ed up, let emotions get the better of me, i need help.

Though, when you put him in that Uruguay team, oh my there's so many grubby players, and it's kind of no surprise, given their other tactics.

Remember how hated Recoba was here in 2005.....imagine if Suarez was here that week.

I pretty much agree with most of what Parksey said, I brought up the Roy Keane one because (correct if wrong) he has stated that he went out that day to intentionally injure Harland. That to me is 1000 times worse than anything Suarez did.
    As for someone bringing up Maradona, what did he do that was in this category?

As for the racism incident with Suarez, I think there is a massive culture issue involved that we don't truly understand (my Spanish bro in law gave me a great understanding on thier use of the term 'negro'). With that one I can kind if see where he doesn't believe he did all that wrong and when you add in the John Terry incident that happened at around the same time it exposed a deep divide on how this issue is treated.

But yeah, the bloke is an A-grade nutter. We can all agree on that.

Was it me that brought up Maradona? Was probably referring to the Free Nelson mandela style t shirt he was wearing on tv.

You've hit the nail on the head there with the word culture. It seems South Americans know biting is wrong but think it not really that bad. In their culture its ok to roll around on the floor trying to get a player sent off, or gesture to the referee to get his cards out. Both of which boil my piss.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I'm sure there's a correlation between a nation's Corruption Perceptions Index and how much they cheat in football

Sorry Mr Boz, but I ain't clicking on any link under your name
    #lemonparty'd

The football culture in parts of South America is "street fighter" and it is something that we don't get elsewhere.

Not saying it is right but I reckon there are some NRL thugs that wouldn't last 10 mins on some of those fields - there are some real life horror stories.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    i guess my main point was what are you trying to achieve by comparing incidents?

why even bring them up if not to get a cheap laugh out of a few liverpool fans on here?

no need to answer but yeah it's pretty pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

why even bring them up if not to get a cheap laugh.
    Me? Cheap laugh?
    Never!
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    how about that other guy who did that thing 1 tiem he was bad two it just happens in games ffs shut up omg how bout cantona?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Rofl. Agree with plague.
    I'd prefer a tooth indent on my shoulder than a snapped tibia or torn acl or having my groin stomped on. For the record, Rooney got 2 weeks for stomping on somebodies balls.

Not saying what he did was ok, it's disgraceful and he has been banned accordingly. Take muscat's challenge on zaha (?) where he makes contact mid knee. I'd prefer a bite to the shoulder any day.

Given the choice, would you want a short bite to the shoulder, or to be on the ground and have your testicles crushed by some guys boots.
    I'd prefer a small bite any day but he does need to see a psych and be forced to work in a soup kitchen for 20 yrs.

But there are some envious twats that cant leave liverpool out of a sentence and yes Cantona is a bigger FW than suarez. I do think the sua needs helps, lets start by emptying his bank account and buying whatever we want. Oh and cheilini? deserves 20 more bites and kicks, fvcking dog
    Last edited by jim wallis; 29-06-2014 at 01:19 AM.

Terrific end to end first half

What belter that was.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Chilean reporter Jhendelyn Núñez took this pic when Chile scored:

Good to see women journalists attempting to be taken seriously... Way to play up to the stereotype

Another great Colombian goal

Colombia to win the World Cup if they beat Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Colombia to win the World Cup if they beat Brazil
    Colombia to not win the World Cup if they don't.

Banned
    Love the insecurity complex about the Sth Americans and their behaviour. Boys it is a different world over here and they dance to the beat of a completely different drum.

We can't really complain when we condone stuff our cricket team does to get a result IE not walking sledding etc.

The gamesmanship is part and parcel of the game.

Plenty of Aussie players will appeal to the ref for a throw in decision when they know it came off themselves. Still cheating

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Colombia to not win the World Cup if they don't.
    Captain Obvious missed his stage entry???