Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: All-purpose 2014 World Cup Brazil Thread

disappointing lack of biting

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    disappointing lack of biting
    yes...lucky for that kid it was not Suarez

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Suarez is nutty as squirrel shit. I've played in a game where one of my team mates was bitten, it was either U9 or U11, I can't quite remember as it was so long ago. I think that sums up Suarez really he behaves like a child.

"People in England laughed at my attitude over the last few years, I'd like to know what they think now". - Suarez last week.

We think you're a ****ing crackpot mate, a racist petulant child. And trying to play down your actions last is more proof your attitude stinks. Personally I hope you're playing in another league next season or not playing at all.
    get off his back m8 he's a gr8 player the best in the world every1 makes misteaks ynwa
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

how about that other guy who did that thing 1 tiem he was bad two it just happens in games ffs shut up omg how bout cantona?

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I find it a bit hypocritical that FIFA want Suarez to change his ways yet still won't change themselves and thier own corrupt, deceitful ways.
    Goose/Gander etc.
    A kid got bitten at my lads pre-school today. Suarez already polluting the youth.
    Death to biters and tyrants alike.

Alternatively, what if we just filed down Suarez' teeth and removed his voice box but still let him play?

He would still provide 'bums on seats' (c. John Singleton) yet not have that bitey/racisty thing going on.

That's a win for both the purists and modern football alike.

Not sure why some of you lot didn't think of it earlier TBH.

so what if that kid bit some1 is he a gud player that's what we shud focus on

Luis Suarez bite: Uruguay striker banned for four months

Uruguay striker Luis Suarez has been suspended from all football-related activity for four months for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.
    The Liverpool player, 27, has also been banned for nine international matches, ruling him out of the rest of the 2014 Fifa World Cup.

Such behaviour cannot be tolerated on any football pitch and, in particular, not at a Fifa World Cup when the eyes of millions of people are on the stars on the field

Fifa statement
    He will also miss the first nine games of the Premier League season.
    The incident occurred during Tuesday's 2014 Fifa World Cup Group D game, which Uruguay won to qualify for the last 16.
    Uruguay have three days to appeal against the decision.
    Suarez has also been fined 100,000 Swiss francs (£65,680).
    The ban is the biggest in World Cup history, beating the eight games given to Italy's Mauro Tassotti for elbowing Spain's Luis Enrique in 1994.
    "Such behaviour cannot be tolerated on any football pitch and, in particular, not at a Fifa World Cup when the eyes of millions of people are on the stars on the field," Claudio Sulser, chairman of the Fifa disciplinary committee, said in a statement.
    Suarez's first match back for Liverpool could be in round four of the Capital One Cup, with matches due to take place in the week commencing 27 October.
    Liverpool would have to win their third-round tie in September to reach that stage.
    Suarez has now been found guilty of biting three opponents in his career.
    He was banned for 10 games for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic during a Premier League match in 2013 and was also suspended for seven games for biting PSV Eindhoven's Otman Bakkal in 2010.
    Liverpool issued a statement shortly after news of Suarez's ban emerged.
    "Liverpool Football Club will wait until we have seen and had time to review the Fifa Disciplinary Committee report before making any further comment," chief executive Ian Ayre said.
    Under the terms of the ban, Suarez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of his suspension.
    But Liverpool would not be prevented from selling the former Ajax player this summer should they decide to offload him to another club.
    He has already been linked with moves to Real Madrid and Barcelona.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28023882

FIFA should sanction a "Free Hit" like cricket have. Next time Luis Suarez sinks his teeth into somebody, that aggrieved party gets to punch Suarez teeth out with absolutely no comeback.

This bloke is a disc-race.
    Geez I long for the days when blokes just slept with their brothers wives.

Those where the days.

ahhhh the good old days..........................

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah it's heaps funny when you bring up other incidents involving people that no one ever defends to trivialise the actions of someone who has consistently shown himself to be worse than all of them.

yeah it's heaps funny
    thanks man. I try.

Oh, and I dont really see anyone defending Suarez. am I missing something?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

did i say you were defending him?

nah, I wouldnt say you were.
    My point is that your quote here
    someone who has consistently shown himself to be worse than all of them.
    leads me to think that Suarez' bite was worse than any of those I listed (and that was just a short list). I would contend that there may be plenty of people out there who would rather be bitten than have any of that other stuff happen to them.
    But as stated thats a personal opinion. I respect yours, and agree that Suarez should be banned and have no problem with the punishment given (couldnt give a stuff if he got half as much or twice as much to be honest).
    Giorgio Chiellini will be fine to play his next game, Alf-Inge Harland wasnt so lucky.
    I know who I'd rather be.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Actually away from all that it would have been interesting if the ref had seen the elbow that Chiellini threw at Suarez after being bitten.
    You would assume that most people would retaliate the same way but as we all know, sometimes that gets you in more trouble that the original perpetrator.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Rofl. Agree with plague.
    I'd prefer a tooth indent on my shoulder than a snapped tibia or torn acl or having my groin stomped on. For the record, Rooney got 2 weeks for stomping on somebodies balls.

Not saying what he did was ok, it's disgraceful and he has been banned accordingly. Take muscat's challenge on zaha (?) where he makes contact mid knee. I'd prefer a bite to the shoulder any day.

Given the choice, would you want a short bite to the shoulder, or to be on the ground and have your testicles crushed by some guys boots.

The issue i believe most people (outside south america) have is that Suarez, Uruguay, Maradona et al cannot see what he has done wrong. They think they're being victimised because they knocked two european teams out.

The bloke is being punished because for the 3rd time he has behaved like a complete dick. If he can't see that there is no hope at all for him.

there's been isolated incidents that are worse than what suarez did; no doubt about that. it's just that he consistently does abhorrent things on the field.

he's bitten a player (at least) 3 times in his career.

he's racially abused players in matches.

he shows no remorse and even has the hide to play the victim whenever he gets himself into trouble.

as for what you'd rather have happen to you, that's a very trivial thing. for me, bad tackles etc. happen in games but biting someone is just ****ing outrageous. it's not a rational thing to do at all.

the guy is actually insane.