Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1158

Thread: General A-League Thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I reckon we could hate Wollongong as much as Central Coast

at least Wollongong is a city, not some shit dormitory suburb of Sydney full of angry tradies and domestic violence

could probably hate Canberra as well if I applied myself

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

at least Wollongong is a city, not some shit dormitory suburb of Sydney full of angry tradies and domestic violence

Think it is time we really started moving on to just hating on the Sydney clubs more

Both the red aids and blue aids deserve it

nah, we're lovable rogues down here. nobody can hate us. remember, you all send your shit to us.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    That was us not too long ago
    Not likely, The only time those donkeys get over 7k to a game is when they play another NSW team. Even at our lowest ebb our club has busted its ass to turn things around.

Those plodders down the road are just doing enough to retain a license and should be put on notice. I have no doubt 3-4 other areas around the country could bring more to the game.

This, At least a proper Wollongong outfit in the Wolves would bring some tradition and previous back to back national titles with it as a platform.

Re: the Member's rant, the FFA hasn't actually agreed to pay a cent for Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    oh god no.

we'd just move onto hatin' something else.
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Re: the Member's rant, the FFA hasn't actually agreed to pay a cent for Bolt.
    Not the point.

The problem is that someone, somewhere thought it would be good PR to float this idea. This person should be removed from the sport and never be involved with it anywhere, ever again.

FFA should have been on the blower* with .01sec of this news getting to them dismissing it with all the ridicule it deserves.

*of course it would have to be a payphone as gypos are poor and cant afford mobiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

ive been lucky enough to travel to many places all over the world and have never once set foot in Wollongong or even driven through the joint. Its a place that i have ever needed to or wanted to visit for any reason.

not sure i can hate a place when there is absolutely zero interest in it. to hate it would mean acknowledging it, and to be fair i cant much be assed doing that.

as for Canberra. Bite your tongue young man.

Good Canberra things:
    dope buildings, its flat so you can pushie round forever, manuka oval is the business, highways in and out are legit land speed record zones, that lake thing that you never know if theres water in it, perfect stop for a redbull on the way to the snow, that Belchardo chap seems like good people.

Bad Canberra things:
    Politicians, weather is a bit up and down, the ****ing magpies, good lord those ****ing magpies are evil incarnate BURN THEM WITH FIRE!!!!!
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Good Canberra things
    Bentspoke Brewery
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Even when the Mariners were consistently flying, making grand finals and eventually being handed a seat, their crowds were pretty ordinary, which makes me think there’s absolutely no potential there for any sort of growth. Whereas before last season we were still maintaining good crowds considering how woeful we were.

When they won it, they averaged 10,000 for the season, we averaged 13,300 and came last.
    Last edited by halo se7en; 18-07-2018 at 06:22 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Even when the Mariners were consistently flying, making grand finals and eventually being handed a seat, their crowds were pretty ordinary, which makes me think there’s absolutely no potential there for any sort of growth. Whereas before last season we were still maintaining good crowds considering how woeful we were.

When they won it, they averaged 10,000 for the season, we averaged 13,300 and came last.
    Mariners making GFs

Other than that 1 year they made the GF oy for Griff to score the winni g goal wtc I dont recall them ever being successful

Been shit every other year from my recollection

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Not the point.

The problem is that someone, somewhere thought it would be good PR to float this idea. This person should be removed from the sport and never be involved with it anywhere, ever again.

FFA should have been on the blower* with .01sec of this news getting to them dismissing it with all the ridicule it deserves.

*of course it would have to be a payphone as gypos are poor and cant afford mobiles.
    Truth bombs

Someone should have been told to sit down shut up at the very idea

It is also more a poor reflection on the FFAs running of things that this idea would be mooted

Wouldnt happen in a real football country

**** our sockah kulcha shits me at times

Wouldnt happen in a real football country
    Yep... some serious football places like Germany would never allow that...

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    exactly

when was the outrage when he trialed for Dortmund?

That was purely a publicity stunt. I think part of the outrage I have seen here is that there is the worry it isn't or it won't end up being... he's the fastest bloke in the world, will tear shreds out of NPL opponents purely from speed and could theoretically score bucket loads. When you consider Trent Buhagiar and Kwabena Appiah have somehow forged a career out of being nothing but fast, it wouldn't be surprising to see Bolt get an A-league gig, especially at the Mariners, purely from being fastest.

exactly

when was the outrage when he trialed for Dortmund?
    I'd say there was a fair difference between a perennial Champions League team with huge crowds and resources performing a publicity stunt versus a broke ass bunch of 4th generation welfare addicts honestly believing it would fast track their reemergence as a laughing stock of the league.

Bolt would be about as effective in the pursuit of long term success of that club as putting up another ****ing inflatable sauce bottle.

To be fair though the league and some clubs were falling over themselves in the pursuit of a washed up Tim Cahill so there's prob some scary truth behind all of this.

To be fair, Bolt has done more for CCM's profile than CCM have done for themselves basically since Arnie left. Meilekamp (sp?) on The Project already seems to have gathered more hype around the club than the entire Luis Garcia project did.

Is it an issue that CCM need this interest boost in such a tacky way? Almost definitely.

But still, they need it and even the mere mention of Bolt has done a lot.

There's no such thing as bad #fakenews
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    To be fair, Bolt has done more for CCM's profile than CCM have done for themselves basically since Arnie left. Meilekamp (sp?) on The Project already seems to have gathered more hype around the club than the entire Luis Garcia project did.

Is it an issue that CCM need this interest boost in such a tacky way? Almost definitely.

But still, they need it and even the mere mention of Bolt has done a lot.

There's no such thing as bad #fakenews
    For sure man, Elon Musk and Papa John both been all over the news this week.

Am sure they are both ecstatic with the clicks... ..