Page 52 of 129 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2578

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

I've been told that the Rugby League setup at Cessnock is being used as an Asian Cup training facility, Pico.
    OK

FFA Cup’s future secured with sponsors getting behind the new knockout competition

David Davutovic
    Herald Sun
    May 11, 2014 10:33PM

THE FFA Cup’s future has been secured with a series of blue-chip, mutli-million-dollar sponsorships to be unveiled.

And British sportswear giant Umbro, a brand synonomous with the FA Cup, will be among four new sponsors announced, with the competition set to kick off on July 29.

With Fox Sports already signed up as the TV rights partner, FFA is understood to have secured around $12m in sponsors.

All sponsors have agreed to three-year deals, with the $4m-a-year underwriting FFA’s extensive travel costs.

Most state leagues are deep into their Cup competitions, with the official FFA Cup kicking off in late July when the 22 state and territory-based teams join the 10 A-League clubs.

ACT is the only one of the eight state and territories whose participant has been confirmed, 2013 winner Tuggeranong United.

Meanwhile FFA has commenced a search for a technical director to replace outgoing Han Berger.

However the new role will focus on the elite player pathway up to the age of 16, including overseeing the National Premier League (NPL) competitions.

While undertaking a global search, there’s a strong push for a local appointment and former AIS guru Ron Smith will be considered, along with former Perth Glory coach Alistair Edwards and former Newcastle Jets coach Gary van Egmond.

“The review of the national teams and technical department conducted by Luke Casserly has identified youth technical development as a key area for improvement,” said FFA CEO David Gallop.

“The new structure will see a technical director with particular focus and responsibility for elite player development up to 16 years of age for males and females and coach education for those working in these age groups.

“From 17 years of age onwards, the national teams will have the primary role in close consultation with the technical department of developing elite players who will ultimately represent the Socceroos and Matildas.

“This will broaden the scope of Ange Postecoglou’s role and the same for the long-term Matildas coach.

“This structure gives us a lot of confidence that Australia will produce generations with the right technical development.’’
    Good to see the FFA Cup has got all the travel costs covered for 3 years, hopefully it rates well for Foxsports so they look to expand the coverage in future.

Global search

So which one of the three aussies do we think will get the gig, on the one hand it would be nice to be rid of GVE, but then I'd like to see the national setup improve not go backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I've been told that the Rugby League setup at Cessnock is being used as an Asian Cup training facility, Pico.
    Yeah that's been known for a while and that's great for Cessnock as a town but what exactly is the local football community getting out of it?

Looks to be a nice big leg up for the rugby league community, its like the world cup bid all over again.

The only good thing I've heard of that will benefit the local football community as far as tournament legacy goes is the speers point facility but its not like the AFC or FFA is helping to fund that, all they did was provide support to the development proposal saying it could be selected, NNSW and LMCC did all the heavy lifting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Global search

So which one of the three aussies do we think will get the gig, on the one hand it would be nice to be rid of GVE, but then I'd like to see the national setup improve not go backwards.
    I'll be pretty underwhelmed if it is Edwards or GVE.

I love Ron Smith, and think he's perfect for the role, though. He doesn't have the social skills to be a coach, but to be a TD of that sorts is a perfect fit for him. I think Rado Vidosic is the same.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Good to see the FFA Cup has got all the travel costs covered for 3 years, hopefully it rates well for Foxsports so they look to expand the coverage in future.

Global search

fox should lease it to free to air to get some real viewer numbers

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...tnership/90451

Jets enhance Membership Program with Ticketmaster partnership

The Newcastle Jets have agreed to a new strategic partnership with Ticketmaster for the provision of membership services.

The Newcastle Jets will use Ticketmaster's innovative membership system to manage the Club's 10,000 members and 30,000 e-newsletter subscribers.

Ticketmaster was appointed the official ticketing agent for Hunter Stadium earlier this year and this new partnership will see Ticketmaster support the development and growth of the Club Membership Program.

This agreement will also see Ticketmaster become a sponsor of the Club to promote Ticketmaster's growing presence in the Hunter region.

"We are delighted to sign this long-term partnership and we look forward to working with one of the world's leading ticketing companies. This new partnership will allow the Club to provide an even better and more seamless member experience," Jets Commercial Director Mark Duffield-Thomas said.

"Based on feedback we have collected from our members we are enhancing the process of renewing and joining online. Next season our members will enjoy a new, easy-to-use membership website and new features including an Interactive Seat Map, which allows members to select the exact seats included in their membership package.

"We will also continue to offer the most affordable memberships in the A-league as well as a monthly payment plan to help a greater number of supporters attend more matches.

“We are grateful for the support of our members and look forward to welcoming new and existing members to the Club."

Membership Packages and Prices for the 2014/15 Hyundai A-League season will be announced in the coming weeks. To express an interest in Jets Membership CLICK HERE.

More Bullshit from the grubs running Hunter Stadium. Was nothing wrong with Pro-ticket IMO yet a local company gets shafted for the cashed up duopoly of Ticket master and Ticketek. Disgrace could be worse HSG could be running the show in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I hate ticketmaster. Their GUI is frustrating and impossible to navigate.
    Go jetties

proticket gouged with the best of them, the whole system is a ****ing farce tbh

i thought memberdesq (IMG) iirc did the membership stuff anyway?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...45#mm-breached
    I'm sure they'll tear us up in a few years time

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Did I just read right that Brown wanted out in January and we wouldn't release him??

FFS

Who would be responsible for that shit???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Did I just read right that Brown wanted out in January and we wouldn't release him??

FFS

a certain bloke named Robbie

Middleby Out
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

FFS

And what exactly is the issue? Give me one good reason why we would let him move when his contract was coming to a close anyway? Why give another team an advantage? I back the club on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    This was so obviously written by a City supporter. I can't believe how poor this article is coming from what I thought was a reasonably unbiased website.

"Poached" is not a word you use for two players who were released/mutually terminated. Same applies for his comment that they "raided" the Jets. Then he states Chapman was "mysteriously" dropped as if the kid was one of the best defenders in the league. He had potential but he in no way was better than Jaliens or Regan (1st half) and Mitchell (2nd half) of the season.

Apparently Brown hasn't been able to replicate his GCU form due to non-selection. Ignoring the fact that when he was selected this year, his own fans booed him off the pitch due to how shit he was. He's also capable of "playing as a deep-lying midfielder". Really? Since when?

Sounds like someone who is desperately trying his hardest to convince himself that his own club have made two fantastic signings. In reality, along with Mooy, they seem to be doing exactly what the Jets did two seasons ago. It feels like they're going backwards though. Mooy was useless in the GF and he seems to have gone backwards since signing for WSW. I'm not sure how many of our coaches in Oz are capable of nurturing young talent.
    Last edited by halo se7en; 12-05-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    And what exactly is the issue? Give me one good reason why we would let him move when his contract was coming to a close anyway? Why give another team an advantage? I back the club on this one.
    Free up contract space under the cap to revitalise our squad with a signing who may have been the difference getting us from 7th and into the mythical play off land.
    Giving away a bloke 4months early than we have who was going nowhere at our club isn't exactly gonna have bitten us too hard on the arse. It ain't likely Brown would have taken the HAL by storm in the second half of the year just cause he was out of Newy. His form may have improved but he ain't dominating the HAL

Free up contract space under the cap to revitalise our squad with a signing who may have been the difference getting us from 7th and into the mythical play off land.
    Giving away a bloke 4months early than we have who was going nowhere at our club isn't exactly gonna have bitten us too hard on the arse. It ain't likely Brown would have taken the HAL by storm in the second half of the year just cause he was out of Newy. His form may have improved but he ain't dominating the HAL
    We signed Griffiths and Carney around that time. If there was even a hint of another decent player we could have grabbed, then who's to say the club wouldn't have released Brown then? But doing it beforehand without any other reason would have been foolish. He might not have set the league on fire, but why give Heart a headstart by giving Brown an extra 6 months to get used to his surroundings/teammates? Absolutely no advantage to us whatsoever.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar

FFS

seriously how do you manage to contradict yourself with every second post?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I'll be honest, if we could have got rid of January, I reckon we should have. There's no way he could have bitten us on the arse, unless he literally did so.

I side with the member, halo. Soz.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    But doing it beforehand without any other reason would have been foolish. He might not have set the league on fire, but why give Heart a headstart by giving Brown an extra 6 months to get used to his surroundings/teammates? Absolutely no advantage to us whatsoever.
    That's exactly right. The kid was a favourite of GVE but even then he struggled to get time after coming back from O/S. So what does that tell you? Does he really think he's going to get a regular first team spot at City?? I thought they'd have their sights set a lot higher than that. He has potential sure, but potential takes time and doesn't always pan out. I'd say nearly every one of Chapman's toys has been thrown out of the pram for them to mutually terminate - so good riddance.
    So you dont want a rival to have an advantage over us by getting Brown 6 months early but you're ok for a rival to get an advantage over us by signing a player 12 months early?

(for the record I'd rather have kept them both for the duration of their contracts).
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG