Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Zane out

imagine if we signed ernie merrick, and he turned this ****ing rabble into a servicable team, and brought us the great carlos hernandez

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Also to anyone who thinks GVE would be doing better than Zane right now - he wouldn't be. We have a shit squad with no Kanta or Griff currently available. No coach could fix this short term mess
    When Zane first took over he talked about how it was going to be "back to basics", and getting the defence right. See here:

Olivia Hall asks via email: What has been the biggest adjustment you’ve tried to make to the team since taking over as head coach?

CZ: I watched the pre-season unfold and we don’t want to veer away from the work that was done there and start completely from scratch.

We’re just looking to simplify roles and make sure that defensively, the structure is as good as it can be to keep our goal in tact, because I feel we’re a team that will always threaten with the people we have in the front third.
    Reality is that he's done the complete opposite. We've conceded 8 goals in 3 games now.

Under GVE we actually had one of the better defensive records in the league. Now it's a complete clusterf*ck at the back, the defenders + midfield look like they have nfi when it comes to defending simple runs through the middle of the park.

Like I said, I think GVE deserved to be sacked at the end of the season, but replacing him with this guy with his poor record was a terrible move. the butcher was right to give him shit after only 30 minutes, this guy is honking.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Also to anyone who thinks GVE would be doing better than Zane right now - he wouldn't be. We have a shit squad with no Kanta or Griff currently available. No coach could fix this short term mess
    Don't agree with that PV4 . We may have some quality and personnel issues but galvanise the squad and get them playing for each other, the fans etc.

8 goals in 3 games and some very sloppy half arsed efforts in this show that they don't care.

One bloke come back to the club after 5 years walking the earth curing disease and what have you and showed more passion in twenty seconds after full time than these ****s do.

Poor bloke has since been victimised by the club who seem to condone this attitude

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Seeing Goodwin start to find form is more than enough for me at this point.
    This. There is a lot of GVE influence that is going to take time to undo. Best example of this is that we never play with any urgency.......

imagine if we signed ernie merrick, and he turned this ****ing rabble into a servicable team, and brought us the great carlos hernandez
    Word. Isn't this what we were saying after Branko left?

Hernandez = A-League's greatest player, not even joking here.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    This. There is a lot of GVE influence that is going to take time to undo. Best example of this is that we never play with any urgency.......
    Have to agree.

Love how when we get a throw in and the **** who is taking it seems to think he has to ignore any free players and wait for our opponent to get themselves organised before delivering it.

Then add in the fact that our blokes aren't even looking to be the recipient of a quick throw in and are not even watching for one.

FFS It is these common sense 1%ers that need addressing

oh member don't mention throw ins, **** me just give the other team the throw in I say, at least then we would have an extra player to defend their inevitable attack from our throw in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Word. Isn't this what we were saying after Branko left?

Hernandez = A-League's greatest player, not even joking here.
    Carlos was amazing today
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Have to agree.

Love how when we get a throw in and the **** who is taking it seems to think he has to ignore any free players and wait for our opponent to get themselves organised before delivering it.

Then add in the fact that our blokes aren't even looking to be the recipient of a quick throw in and are not even watching for one.

FFS It is these common sense 1%ers that need addressing
    Good reminder for the youth coaches out there (including me) not to forget the basics - cause you look like a bunch of gooses (geese?) if you do....

Remember back in the day some of us ('sup q-man, M-mon and others) thought Merrick would be good for us and others on here we're like DERRRRR SHITTY FOOTBALL DERRRRRRRR.
    Well we were thoroughly outdone today.

Well in Middleby. Another top shelf decision.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Remember back in the day some of us ('sup q-man, M-mon and others) thought Merrick would be good for us and others on here we're like DERRRRR SHITTY FOOTBALL DERRRRRRRR.
    Well we were thoroughly outdone today.

Well in Middleby. Another top shelf decision.
    Add me to that list. Merrick is a quality manager. As evidenced by what he is doing without Ifill in Wellington. Tactician and Man-Manager.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    You're obviously forgetting that his teams play crappy football and he only won 2 comps because of Archie Thompson.

Psyche.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

also note that he won both championships with leigh broxham.

who is the real genius now?

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    I actually don't broxham ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I don't broxham either... what's your point?

Do you even broxham, bro?

What you don't know Broxham?

Merrick's teams may not be the most attractive, but at least they actually look like a balanced cohesive team ffs.
    Also wello have played some alright football lately.

To be honest I don't give a shit what we're playing as long as it looks like the team understands what their jobs are when they get out on the field.

ur gunna have 2 speak up m8

filter sweep makes da bitches wet

Banned
    I think Merrick ain't the worst in the world and is a better option than most of the drop kicks we have picked in recent years.

That being said I think we can do much better than him

fmd MFKS all the kale has gone to your head. we will sign farina next.