Page 66 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

he's obviously heard how good the mango trays are and is just waiting for them to ripen up a bit more...

how long before this bloke is seen playing the pokies down at wallsend diggers at tuesday lunchtime?

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    how is it people reckon the a-league is anyway comparable to a proper european league

this bloke will piss it in, hand us the trophy now idiots, it's over
    this.

uncle Pim was right, and still is.

Leandro apparently signed in Brazil in February but was released a few days later because of how unfit he is.

Seems like Miller has a decent job ahead of him!

How many players have come to the HAL direct from Bundesliga 2 though? Berisha? Who else?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    How many players have come to the HAL direct from Bundesliga 2 though? Berisha? Who else?
    Direct from a 10 month lay off is more the issue.

At least he should come with a good tan so wont have to work on that when he arrives, just maintain it.

leo-nardo proof that if you send out applications to enough teams one will bite

Quote Originally Posted by scarfy96 View Post
    Direct from a 10 month lay off is more the issue.

At least he should come with a good tan so wont have to work on that when he arrives, just maintain it.
    Yep - a real worry

Terminated in November 2014

Hopefully he's better than Denni

So in honor of our new signing should we change the lolz turtles headband to blue instead of orange? for Leonardo. Or wait until he actually does something first?

how is it people reckon the a-league is anyway comparable to a proper european league

this bloke will piss it in, hand us the trophy now idiots, it's over
    I'm going to agree with this.

I'm actually willing to give Miller the benefit of the doubt that he has done his due diligence on this one, and maybe he thinks he can get him fit.

Someone will quote this in the future if he flops, but I'm calling he is a good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I'm going to agree with this.

I'm actually willing to give Miller the benefit of the doubt that he has done his due diligence on this one, and maybe he thinks he can get him fit.

Someone will quote this in the future if he flops, but I'm calling he is a good signing.
    Arnold is probably already plotting how to nobble the poor bharstard...

how long before this bloke is seen playing the pokies down at wallsend diggers at tuesday lunchtime?
    quits coz of how shit tha dingas r

Certainly not afraid to run at people and puts on a decent pass, assuming he is fit.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfy96 View Post
    Certainly not afraid to run at people and puts on a decent pass, assuming he is fit.

That's a better more recent package. Can see him playing the #10 position which we'll be using him in. His earlier packages are mostly as a winger.

I am much underwhelmed but obviously hope he changes my mind. Good pedigree and all that but 10 months out of the game and the wrong side of 30 for a visa of his calibre. I know it's the jerks and it's the a-league but the signings by all clubs this offseason have possibly stalled the progress of the league IMO.
    I hope to be corrected.
    Please just be better than that joke Sidnei at perth

From SMH
    By VINCE RUGARI
    Newcastle Jets coach Scott Miller believes he's on a winner with new import signing Leonardo.

The 32-year-old Brazilian has joined the Jets on a one-year contract and boasts the arguably the best resume of any overseas player at the club since Emile Heskey, with more than a decade of experience in the Dutch top flight.

A classic No.10 who can also play in wide areas or as a second striker, left-footer Leonardo is a product of the Feyenoord youth system and won the UEFA Cup with the Eredivisie in 2002, before moving to NAC Breda and then European powerhouse Ajax.

However, over the last four seasons he has struggled for game time, and was unable to become a first-team regular at Red Bull Salzburg of Austria, Hungarian club Ferencváros or second-tier German outfit 1860 Munich.

In fact, he has not played a senior match in nearly a year, having taken time away from the game after falling out with his last coach.

Miller said his recent history made Leonardo a "hungry" player - one who he reckons can call the shots in the final third for a new-look Newcastle side equally desperate to move on from last season's wooden spoon and the dark days of the Tinkler regime.

"Not only just his CV but the ability, and the passion he's shown on the telephone, and then the references and (his) research on the club and the squad and the environment... he's focused on joining us and he's looking forward to it," Miller said.

Leonardo is not due to land in Australia until mid-September but Miller had no concerns over his fitness, having told him he must be ready to play upon arrival.

"He'll have to be. I'm demanding that from him," he said.

"I speak to him every week and he's actually been undertaking a program for three to four weeks now that we've put in place for him.

"He's sent video clips of him training as well and he's looking well."

Leonardo was in reasonably high demand, with reports from abroad linking him with a move to Spanish La Liga club Real Betis before he settled on an A-League sea change.

His signing almost brings Newcastle's off-season recruitment drive to a close, with Miller seeking only one more player - a line-leading centre forward. The Jets have four foreign players on their books, leaving room for one more.

Meanwhile, SBS is reporting the sale of the Jets to a consortium headed by Dundee United owner Stephen Thomson is imminent.

Thomson is said to be due in Sydney to finalise a $4 million deal with FFA to take over the Newcastle club, which would free the governing body to intervene at Brisbane Roar should that club's sale fall through.

If hes fit he'll be fantastic. If he hasn't looked after his body in those 10 months out of the game he'll be our next Jardel

Millertime and jonesey will whip him into shape.

Excited by this tbh.

He's no pirlo or lampard, but that level of marquee player will now always go to mls.

He's played at the top level in Europe, he'll win games for us in his sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    If hes fit he'll be fantastic. If he hasn't looked after his body in those 10 months out of the game he'll be our next Jardel
    Feck...NOBODY could be that fat...bar Ronaldo

don't all Sth Americans hate being bossed around?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG