Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Says he who knows everything!

Players stay for a variety of reasons, did I say I know why?

He is one of only a couple from their premiership winning 20s team last year to stay next year.

Maybe he giving them one last chance but over a dozen of his team mates now gone!
    And where have they gone? 2nd division or 20s at other NPL teams. Good try tho

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    And where have they gone? 2nd division or 20s at other NPL teams. Good try tho
    Once again you miss the point.
    Nowhere did I say he should or shouldn’t be there, nor any others.
    My point was the crap you read in local press from the club year after year about the next group coming through yet it never happens!
    But I’m sure you will twist my comments around again!

Says he who knows everything!

Players stay for a variety of reasons, did I say I know why?

He is one of only a couple from their premiership winning 20s team last year to stay next year.

Maybe he giving them one last chance but over a dozen of his team mates now gone!
    I would love to see you name a dozen of his team mates who have left. Thompson was their #10, so surely that's a front third player.
    Possibly Duggan needs to do more to crack into first grade, how many goals did he score this year.
    Anyone complaining about the club signing Braedyn Crowley must have rocks in their head

Once again you miss the point.
    Nowhere did I say he should or shouldn’t be there, nor any others.
    My point was the crap you read in local press from the club year after year about the next group coming through yet it never happens!
    But I’m sure you will twist my comments around again!
    I’d like to see those articles. Please share

Wasn’t there some sort of rumours that Matt Thompson and Ryan Clarke we’re heading to azzuri with Rhys Thompson etc?

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Heard from a good source that Crowley is off to Maitland.

coxborough, sign on fee,rent arrangments and @1500 per game, obviously EQUATES to no more golden boot at jaffas

possible cock fight in the making though, with coxborough and dick hartley there at jaffaland

great news for Maitland though

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post

coxborough, sign on fee,rent arrangments and @1500 per game, obviously EQUATES to no more golden boot at jaffas

possible cock fight in the making though, with coxborough and dick hartley there at jaffaland

great news for Maitland though
    Is this a rumor? Or is it true?

Because it is an outrageous package if it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Is this a rumor? Or is it true?

Because it is an outrageous package if it is true.
    I have heard that is the package Oxborrow is on. Good dollars if you can get it

Banned
    The way he played last season every time I watched Magic he was well off the pace for this level

That money seems excessive

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The way he played last season every time I watched Magic he was well off the pace for this level

Well off the pace and still manages to be player of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    to be fair the Member has awarded that prize to Kale for the past 32 years so Oxborrow never stood a chance.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Either MFKS only saw one or two games and OX was poor in those games or MFKS is a poor judge. Or I suppose every coach in the league in the league is a poor judhe of player?

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Yeah my thoughts exactly. Either MFKS only saw one or two games and OX was poor in those games or MFKS is a poor judge. Or I suppose every coach in the league in the league is a poor judhe of player?
    must say i saw a few of his games this year, and the only knock i had was that he at times just looked plain disinterested, especially when his coach was singling him out.
    skill wise, thought he was as good as anyone i saw all year.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

agree with this. Ox probably best gifted player, but didnt look like he wanted to be there most of the time. coaches probably voting on name. happens all the time.

The old chain reaction. Crowley to Maitland, Bradbury from Magic to Jaffas as Crowley's replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    The old chain reaction. Crowley to Maitland, Bradbury from Magic to Jaffas as Crowley's replacement
    TBF, with Magic’s attacking stock, someone had to move on.

I would have thought it would have been Brymora though as he was the most underperforming of the lot.

TBF, with Magic’s attacking stock, someone had to move on.

I would have thought it would have been Brymora though as he was the most underperforming of the lot.
    Money talks, apparently Jaffas offer was double his contract al Magic. I suppose Jaffas would have had some spare cash after losing Crowley

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Money talks, apparently Jaffas offer was double his contract al Magic. I suppose Jaffas would have had some spare cash after losing Crowley
    The money in the league is way over the top. But if they didn’t pay these blokes would they just go to Sydney, Melbourne or elsewhere? I’ve got no idea.

I don’t see why we can’t restructure our national game to have promotion relegation top to bottom?
    Screw all the criteria nonsense.

Set it up similar to the conference leagues in the UK. Fully regionalised at lower levels. However at a certain level you play a bit further afield. Then you move into a national second division by a playoff system and the second division would then have promotion relegation with the A league?

It’s a simple enough concept that for some reason no one wants to
    Implement.

If this was the case the money being thrown around would make sense as there is an aspiration to move on to bigger and better things.

/end rant

The money in the league is way over the top. But if they didn’t pay these blokes would they just go to Sydney, Melbourne or elsewhere? I’ve got no idea.
    Some of the better players do go to Melbourne and Sydney and they get paid a lot more than here in Newcastle.

Does anyone know of a start date for Npl next year or when a draw is released.
    I have heard of quite a few changes for next season, with the semi final series changing back to a top 5 format, plus i have also heard that the 18's and reserve comps will be allowed to make 5 substitutions instead of the usual 3. Thoughts on this everyone