Page 50 of 97 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1927

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Gee Whiz.....What a lot of wishful thinking... In a nutshell... Chelsea do not look like losing matches...so hard for them not to win the league this year. The rest of the top 4/5 will come down to the games between each other. forget the rest, run of wins etc.
    No other team below Chelsea bar maybe Spurs and they drew with Sunderland have shown that they wont drop anymore points before season's end.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Its hard to see anyone mounting a credible challenge. But if sport was predictable none of us would be here

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Its hard to see anyone mounting a credible challenge. But if sport was predictable none of us would be here
    Agree. Anything could happen. It is possible for Chelsea to lose three/four games in a row, but highly improbable, and I cannot see that happening as they are winning games easily.
    The real race is for second, third and fourth. In that regard, they all seem to be losing a game here and there. So the games between themselves will be decisive.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Agree. Anything could happen. It is possible for Chelsea to lose three/four games in a row, but highly improbable, and I cannot see that happening as they are winning games easily.
    The real race is for second, third and fourth. In that regard, they all seem to be losing a game here and there. So the games between themselves will be decisive.
    Even if we lose 3 or 4 no other team has the players or the manager to go on an actual run. You mention the word title to spurs arsenal liverpool and they shit themselves and run the other way. I'd argue city mount a serious run but c'mon Claudio Bravo yeah not gonna happen
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Even if we lose 3 or 4 no other team has the players or the manager to go on an actual run. You mention the word title to spurs arsenal liverpool and they shit themselves and run the other way. I'd argue city mount a serious run but c'mon Claudio Bravo yeah not gonna happen
    I agree with you

Not sure if i should post this in the Leshter City thread or this one.

Given how bad Leicester are this year, i.e. very real chance of relegation, what are people's thoughts into the 'Wenger Out' Brigade?

Would you rather win 1 title and then be forgotten or have a few bad seasons OR would you rather consistently be one of the best teams in the EPL and be a match for almost anyone in Europe?

I know i am at a point were i think Wenger needs to move on, if not this season then at the end of next year. But until someone comes along who is an improvement and can handle the job i don't see the point in pushing him out with the stupid banner and what not.

So basically is 1 title worth more to you then consistently being around the top?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    So basically is 1 title worth more to you then consistently being around the top?
    I never have nor ever will be on the Wenger Out brigade.

We have won the fourth place trophy a shitload of times (which is so much bigger than anyone gives credit for, and the fact that we've consistently done it is such a huge success in itself), we have a golden PL trophy which I doubt anyone will ever win again, and we have celebrated St Totteringham's Day for 21 consecutive years.

Let Wenger continue to do his thing how he wants - because his freedom to do so for this long has given us so many great memories that I refuse to forget.
    OK

this is a great question.

imho the answer should align with the individual clubs and their (realistic) expectations.

id 'assume' Arsenal genuinely believe they can win the comp 3 out of every 10 years, i genuinely believe Lester thought they could win the league once in a blue ****ing moon.

Lester lived up to expectations, Arsenal (probably) haven't.

the thing that gets me is that without Wenger the expectations would never have been this high. he's a victim of his own success.

i think he's a good manager, and unless you can replace him with a better manager then don't.

Klopp probably would have been good at Arsenal. Jose, Conte etc i doubt would have got any more out of the squad.

plus, the longer Wenger stays in the more annoyed Piers Morgan gets and thats something we should all get behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    plus, the longer Wenger stays in the more annoyed Piers Morgan gets and thats something we should all get behind.
    True.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Not sure if i should post this in the Leshter City thread or this one.

Given how bad Leicester are this year, i.e. very real chance of relegation, what are people's thoughts into the 'Wenger Out' Brigade?

Would you rather win 1 title and then be forgotten or have a few bad seasons OR would you rather consistently be one of the best teams in the EPL and be a match for almost anyone in Europe?

I know i am at a point were i think Wenger needs to move on, if not this season then at the end of next year. But until someone comes along who is an improvement and can handle the job i don't see the point in pushing him out with the stupid banner and what not.

But your not a Match for any big club in europe, youve proven this time and time again over the last 12 years. Hell Monaco knocked you out ffs

love at first sight

But your not a Match for any big club in europe, youve proven this time and time again over the last 12 years. Hell Monaco knocked you out ffs
    20 Apr 2004 AS Monaco v Chelsea L 3-1 UEFA Champions League
    05 May 2004 Chelsea v AS Monaco D 2-2 UEFA Champions League

That's your teams record against them. But yet again you prove the rule that Chelsea fans only remember the times that they win.

25 Feb 2015 Arsenal v AS Monaco L 1-3 UEFA Champions League
    17 Mar 2015 AS Monaco v Arsenal W 0-2 UEFA Champions League

That's our results against them. So pretty much even. Monaco are currently top of Ligue 1 and have been scoring goals for fun. So what was your argument again?

Honestly, you seem like a reasonable kid, i haven't seen you out the back of the forum swapping dank memes to your mates in School uniform, but you should leave the adult conversations to those of us who have actually been through puberty. Once you start getting hair down there and Timmy from down the street starts noticing your lovely lady lumps then you can come sit at the big kids table and bring something useful to the conversation.

Love from your friendly neighbourhood Hobbit, Guarding his ring from evil attacks since 1906.

I saw something online on Saturday - At his best, Wenger delivered a side that went the season undefeated. At his worst, he produced a side that finished 4th.

I think it may be time for a change, but if the worst it gets is 4th, then I think I'll be able to sit through that for a year or two more.

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    I saw something online on Saturday - At his best, Wenger delivered a side that went the season undefeated. At his worst, he produced a side that finished 4th.
    I didn't realise my thoughts could be summarised so well.
    OK

That is brilliant.

The season before he arrived we finished 10th, the one before that was 9th. I don't want him to leave, but i can see some changes that i don't think he can fix.

Also, Sanchez is being a bit of a dick at the moment. Hasn't been tracking back as much as he has in the past, not passing to anyone other than Ozil. I know i'm being nit-picky over one of our best players but his overall demeanour makes me nervous for Bayern. I feel like if we had Santi back maybe we were due for a shock over them. They are being pretty casual towards us and if we could hold the ball better i think our attack is as good as there's. But we will probably struggle in midfield against one of the best in Europe.

Hopefully we can get a draw away and bring them back to the Emirates with more pressure on their shoulders than ours. Very optimistic but not unrealistic.

imagine if arsenal got relegated ffs

please sack wenger so this can occur and i can watch the carnage

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    imagine if arsenal got relegated ffs

please sack wenger so this can occur and i can watch the carnage
    Well it's been what 13 years since Chelsea's last "membership drive"
    OK

Also, Sanchez is being a bit of a dick at the moment.
    With his goal return, I'm all for him being a dick
    OK

20 Apr 2004 AS Monaco v Chelsea L 3-1 UEFA Champions League
    05 May 2004 Chelsea v AS Monaco D 2-2 UEFA Champions League

That's your teams record against them. But yet again you prove the rule that Chelsea fans only remember the times that they win.

25 Feb 2015 Arsenal v AS Monaco L 1-3 UEFA Champions League
    17 Mar 2015 AS Monaco v Arsenal W 0-2 UEFA Champions League

That's our results against them. So pretty much even. Monaco are currently top of Ligue 1 and have been scoring goals for fun. So what was your argument again?

Honestly, you seem like a reasonable kid, i haven't seen you out the back of the forum swapping dank memes to your mates in School uniform, but you should leave the adult conversations to those of us who have actually been through puberty. Once you start getting hair down there and Timmy from down the street starts noticing your lovely lady lumps then you can come sit at the big kids table and bring something useful to the conversation.

Love from your friendly neighbourhood Hobbit, Guarding his ring from evil attacks since 1906.
    Difference is weve maken the last 4 of the Champions league almost every season Plus weve actually won it. When's the last time you got past the round of 16????

love at first sight

I think it may be time for a change, but if the worst it gets is 4th, then I think I'll be able to sit through that for a year or two more.

This.

Difference is weve maken the last 4 of the Champions league almost every season Plus weve actually won it. When's the last time you got past the round of 16????
    Seriously, Stanny. Why does EVERYTHING have to be argued and compared to Chelsea - you're doing it in here, you're doing it in the Liverpool thread...just let it be
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles