Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 23 | Newcastle Jets v Western Syd Wanderers | Sunday 13/3/16 @ 500pm

Miller needs to bring Watson on so we at least have an excuse for playing this poorly.

trif is honking. his other goals mean fkall now

Ya gotta pity the Where's Wally's.
    Think of what the pr!cks have to go home to...

Banned
    Now I love a good old lash at Millertime more than most.

But exactly what the **** was he watching out there today??

At no stage did I ever think we were in the game.

Where were the subs??

Where was the changes in tactics??

Where were the formation changes??

To be fair our opponents win fair and square and should have won by more

But what the **** was our coach doing to change the flow of the game??

He basically picked the team and washed his hands of the responsibility he has as a coach as soon as kick off occurred

Our blokes were second best all day long.

Yet nothing changed from the bench.

Why the **** not???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Now I love a good old lash at Millertime more than most.

But exactly what the **** was he watching out there today??

At no stage did I ever think we were in the game.

Where were the subs??

Where was the changes in tactics??

Where were the formation changes??

To be fair our opponents win fair and square and should have won by more

But what the **** was our coach doing to change the flow of the game??

He basically picked the team and washed his hands of the responsibility he has as a coach as soon as kick off occurred

Our blokes were second best all day long.

Yet nothing changed from the bench.

Why the **** not???
    100% pissed me off all game
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I agree with the above sentiments - Miller seems to be unable to react to what is happening during the game.

A couple of other points from the game:

1. Trif is just a terrible, terrible striker and looks like he's here on holiday. He can't hold the ball up, he can't shoot the ball, he can't stretch the backline...I honestly don't understand those who want to keep him around. As we covered last week, all his goals have either been from 1 yard, or from penalties he didn't earn, bar 2 nice headers. Is it really worth keeping a guy around that scored 2 nice goals all season and has offered zero in terms of assists, holding the ball up etc...? Perhaps what grates me the most though is his defensive effort, where he sometimes jogs to cover a player, but you can tell he's just going through the motions.

2. Alivodic. Not much to say here. The guy is the worst player I have ever seen in the A-league on the ball and has zero composure/final product/decision making abilities. Cost us at least half a dozen chances today through his sloppy, inept play. We will never be a successful team if he is on the field.

3. When it comes to Leonardo, I would say we shouldn't bother keeping him around UNLESS we find some strikers with speed. He's the creative #10 we've been looking for for a long time, and we always look more dangerous when he has the ball. But he can only be utilized when there are players around him to make runs, and currently those players are not on our team. Find those players, or we will just be wasting him out on the field.

4. Birighitti is way too good for us, although we are offering him plenty of opportunities to add to his highlight reel. Unlucky not to nab a goal at the end. What impressed me most about his shot was that it was hit far better than anything Trif and Alivodic have got off this season, even if it was blocked.

On the plus side, it actually is enjoyable to watch us play at times, especially in the second half tonight. Great turnout at the game, although it was sad to see the crowd showing much more energy than the players in the first 45 minutes.

yeah see i was waiting for the 'Milos is garbage' brigade tonight.
    many lulz to be had when he got the studs stuck in the ground late in the first half.

but before turning the outrage machine to 10 do me a favour and go watch the 20 seconds before that. we haven't had a striker on our team do that since Griff.
    dead set not joking.

everyone saw the poor final touch, i bet none of you remember how the **** the ball got up there.

anyway though lets go back to pretending that someone like Drogba is coming here etc etc etc

Miller OUT
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Perhaps what grates me the most though is his defensive effort, where he sometimes jogs to cover a player, but you can tell he's just going through the motions.
    oh heres one.
    see, you're not watching the game with talk like this.

you wanna hate? then hate away, no problem. but don't be out here pretending you're running this through any medium of fairness.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    but before turning the outrage machine to 10 do me a favour and go watch the 20 seconds before that.
    Nah. I'm plenty happy to conclude that he is sh*t from the 1800+ minutes I've watched him walk around and pretend to give a f*ck.

oh heres one.
    see, you're not watching the game with talk like this.

you wanna hate? then hate away, no problem. but don't be out here pretending you're running this through any medium of fairness.
    I took a friend with me to the game today who was in from overseas and hadn't been to an a-league game before. His first question to me was - "why doesn't the guy with the long sleeves run?"

Perhaps what grates me the most though is his defensive effort, where he sometimes jogs to cover a player, but you can tell he's just going through the motions.
    yes you're correct because unless you run lots and lots and lots then you are a garbage footballer.........

unless of course....yanno.....
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/wa...yer-v-arsenal/
    Seems like I am WRONG

I took a friend with me to the game today who was in from overseas and hadn't been to an a-league game before. His first question to me was - "why doesn't the guy with the long sleeves run?"
    ah, so thats you AND your friend (who is a foreigner ergo football expert then yeah?).
    the argument is complete. there is no comeback.

if you come back at me me with "they" said, then I'm tapping out quicker than Holly Holm.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yes you're correct because unless you run lots and lots and lots then you are a garbage footballer.........

unless of course....yanno.....
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/wa...yer-v-arsenal/
    Don't get me wrong. I don't think Trif is a garbage player because he doesn't "run lots and lots".

I think Trif is a garbage player because he he doesn't make intelligent runs, he doesn't hold the ball up well, he doesn't make good decisions with the ball and he can't hit the ball unless it's on the penalty spot. His abysmal effort in defence is just something that upsets me, perhaps because it's combined with all the above traits I mentioned.

ah, so thats you AND your friend (who is a foreigner ergo football expert then yeah?).
    the argument is complete. there is no comeback.

if you come back at me me with "they" said, then I'm tapping out quicker than Holly Holm.
    Nah, American actually. Barely had a clue what was going on. No attempt to appeal for authority by me, just interesting that the first thing he noticed is something that had been a pet peeve of mine all year.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think Trif is a garbage player because he doesn't "run lots and lots".

I think Trif is a garbage player because he he doesn't make intelligent runs, he doesn't hold the ball up well, he doesn't make good decisions with the ball and he can't hit the ball unless it's on the penalty spot. His abysmal effort in defence is just something that upsets me, perhaps because it's combined with all the above traits I mentioned.

amazing that he has scored all those goals then huh. as for 'intelligent' runs and 'good decisions' geez id hate to be with you and your international marquee friend during games. you seem to have a level of insight that not many have.

good for you.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Nah, American actually. Barely had a clue what was going on. No attempt to appeal for authority by me, just interesting that the first thing he noticed is something that had been a pet peeve of mine all year.

well it kind of sounds like he's just backing up your argument, and considering his bona fides that you laid out well, umm, I'm not sure i wanna stand shoulder to shoulder in the debate club with him.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Club needs to sign this bloke. He's never played before but he's an awesome runner.

amazing that he has scored all those goals then huh. as for 'intelligent' runs and 'good decisions' geez id hate to be with you and your international marquee friend during games. you seem to have a level of insight that not many have.

good for you.
    To be fair, it doesn't take a great deal of intelligence to run to the ball when it's on the penalty spot and everyone is waiting for you to kick it. In Trif's defence, he has hit three nice headers this season, and did chase through well on Noddy's ball against the Phoenix, which he managed to put away. I'd just like to see a little more from our import striker. For me, the good isn't outweighing the bad.

well it kind of sounds like he's just backing up your argument, and considering his bona fides that you laid out well, umm, I'm not sure i wanna stand shoulder to shoulder in the debate club with him.
    You're right. I didn't mean to frame my point as being definitively proven by another's opinion. You are kind of strawmanning my argument about his work-rate though.

Triffo is Rubbish all his goals bar two which were headers have been lucky if you think his season has been acceptable then you have low standards for our foreginers
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

you're making out like pens are easy too yeah?
    Milos steps up, has he missed yet? (legit not sure).
    Messi and Suarez both at 50% this year.

can't be that easy then yeah?
    Last edited by plague; 13-03-2016 at 09:53 PM.
    Seems like I am WRONG