Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Star Wars (SPOILERS)

All things Star Wars (SPOILERS)

Lets discuss all things Star Wars without worrying about spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Darth Vader is Lukes dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Rey is a Skywalker. Sike, Thank the **** not
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Rey is a Skywalker. Sike, Thank the **** not
    aaaaahhhhh but was that a PLOY by CHESTY CHEST MAN to get her to join him?

god i hope not.shut it down, the topic is resolved.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    aaaaahhhhh but was that a PLOY by CHESTY CHEST MAN to get her to join him?

god i hope not.shut it down, the topic is resolved.
    I'm fine with her being a nobody. Anakin was a nobody

love at first sight

Anyone else mad we still don't know who Snoke is?

love at first sight

nah, **** that guy.

again, if he maintains his position, ep.3 becomes "oh look Snoke is like the prune emperor bloke and now Moody Chest man has to kill him".

Again, Johnson just goes, nah, hes a speedbump. **** him off, put Chesty Chest man in charge.

now its redemption or death. Knowing JJ Abrams' bullshit it'll be both.
    Seems like I am WRONG

One less thread for me to read!

A little, but I read a good point that after the original three movies there was still no info on the Emperor really and that was fine. He was just *evil*, which Snoke was filling the role of quite well.

I was a bit offput by Finn being taken out while charging at the cannon, it didn't really seem to make much sense either logically or logistically (how the chick who was behind him caught up and got ahead and to the side to t-bone him?) and was just pretty dumb and anti-climactic in my opinion. Saw an analogy of if Luke got scooped up by the Falcon while on his suicide run at the death star, would have been a pretty shitty end to the movie.

Overall enjoyed it though, plot did take a few turns I wasn't expecting which was enjoyable. Not sure how successful of a villain Kylo is gonna be, he just seems so.. needy and on the fence. But I guess that's fine, just a point of difference with tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    A little, but I read a good point that after the original three movies there was still no info on the Emperor really and that was fine. He was just *evil*, which Snoke was filling the role of quite well.

I was a bit offput by Finn being taken out while charging at the cannon, it didn't really seem to make much sense either logically or logistically (how the chick who was behind him caught up and got ahead and to the side to t-bone him?) and was just pretty dumb and anti-climactic in my opinion. Saw an analogy of if Luke got scooped up by the Falcon while on his suicide run at the death star, would have been a pretty shitty end to the movie.

Overall enjoyed it though, plot did take a few turns I wasn't expecting which was enjoyable. Not sure how successful of a villain Kylo is gonna be, he just seems so.. needy and on the fence. But I guess that's fine, just a point of difference with tradition.
    He's not a proper villain though IMO, He was a troubled boy who thought his family had betrayed him and is still coming to terms with his anger and strength. I find his character very interesting instead of the usual kill everyone take over the world bad guy

love at first sight

Also Leia can fly through space with the force discuss?

love at first sight

WTF... I can't post. I get a 403 forbidden error. Or maybe I can't post about star wars as this post complaining about 403 forbidden worked?

Also Leia can fly through space with the force discuss?
    Yeah this kinda bothered me a bit, not the flying through space that much but more the fact that she was surviving in space and able to use the force to that extent while being presumably on the verge of unconsciousness.

But then I shrugged my shoulders and went "whatever" and continued watching the movie.

The 2 truly terrible parts of the movie were Mary Poppins Leia and Finn not dying.

The chicken bird things and the nuns. They were worse for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The 2 truly terrible parts of the movie were Mary Poppins Leia and Finn not dying.
    100% agreed

I also agree with plagueseys review elsewhere that the first half dragged on too much and the second half was dope.

Ask mrs v4 - i called Luke vs Kylo twist as soon as he got there. Was still wicked to watch anyway. That salt planet was great, awesome effect.

Finn had to die. That pained me that he didn't.

Also just conveniantely being in the same cell as a code breaker pick pocket pained me. Way too easy a get-out, in a movie series made up of easy outs.

Something about ghost yoda seemed wrong. He just didn't look the same to me.

Interested in how they kill Leia off now. They had so, so many opportunities.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    100% agreed

I also agree with plagueseys review elsewhere that the first half dragged on too much and the second half was dope.

Ask mrs v4 - i called Luke vs Kylo twist as soon as he got there. Was still wicked to watch anyway. That salt planet was great, awesome effect.

Finn had to die. That pained me that he didn't.

Also just conveniantely being in the same cell as a code breaker pick pocket pained me. Way too easy a get-out, in a movie series made up of easy outs.

Something about ghost yoda seemed wrong. He just didn't look the same to me.

Interested in how they kill Leia off now. They had so, so many opportunities.
    Have to be in the opening SW credits, Theve said they wont us CGI and im guessing Finn has a big part to play in episode 9

love at first sight

Apart from this foz i haven't read any reviews of it yet. Empire is still better imo. And i think i even liked Rogue One more tbh.

The BDSM jedi's with weird instruments irked me. Just have normal light sabers ffs disney.

On Finn, let's keep discussing him. What did he actually do in TLJ? The main thing we got from him is he isn't trying to rage quit the resistance anymore, right? But his entire storyline was pointless, yeah? My memory says the only things his storyline actually achieved was he got half the resistance ships killed when he alerted the order to the small ships.. and he showed that little dude the resistance in the horse race arena and that kind used the force to move a broomstick so will definitely be involved later. Finn's entire storyline was completely irrelevant otherwise, yeah? Imo the series could rely on Po more and forget Finn.

The amount of chances they could have killed Leia in TLJ, it'd be really annoying if they kill her off in the credits. I guess the first scene in IX being a funeral is a shoe in then..

Kylo is fxxxing frustrating with his mood, which I think they are absolutely nailing because it makes me.hate him more. I still hate his voice though. So glad they wrecked that helmet at the start, i couldn't understand what he said with that shit on.. is it me that is wrong there, or the children?
    OK

BDSM Jedi... do you mean the Elite Praetorian Guard? They aren't Jedi. They are Snokes version of the Emperor's Royal Guard and vibroblade weapons have been a thing in the SW universe since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    BDSM Jedi... do you mean the Elite Praetorian Guard? They aren't Jedi. They are Snokes version of the Emperor's Royal Guard and vibroblade weapons have been a thing in the SW universe since forever.
    Grevious has guards with it

love at first sight