Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup

The ref in the Uruguay/Portugal game gave a really good insight into how the refs should approach this in the future.

Suarez has a rep for theatrics, so every time he went down the ref just waved him off (except for the clear fouls he copped).
    Then he thought "if i grab my head (even when he got brushed on the leg) the ref HAS to stop it per: head injury rules".

But the ref didnt, he just played on, as did Portugal.

After a wee bit Suarez just kept bouncing straight back up realising he wasnt going to get calls.
    Ref didnt need to waste time carding him, or talking to him, or dealing with it. He just ignored hm.

Game kept flowing, it was great refereeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The ref in the Uruguay/Portugal game gave a really good insight into how the refs should approach this in the future.

Suarez has a rep for theatrics, so every time he went down the ref just waved him off (except for the clear fouls he copped).
    Then he thought "if i grab my head (even when he got brushed on the leg) the ref HAS to stop it per: head injury rules".

But the ref didnt, he just played on, as did Portugal.

After a wee bit Suarez just kept bouncing straight back up realising he wasnt going to get calls.
    Ref didnt need to waste time carding him, or talking to him, or dealing with it. He just ignored hm.

Game kept flowing, it was great refereeing.
    I thought that ref was fantastic
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Simple solution if you get fouled/kicked but don't go to ground Ref's need to still give the foul. These days unless you go to ground and to an extent exaggerate an Injury you dont get the foul.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Brazil Vs Croatia final.

Neymar to get injured and Croatia to win. Brazil get all the plaudits and Croatia get brushed under the table as lucky underdogs rather than the great team they are.
    I put a fiver on the Croats early on and another on Modric for player of the tournament. If the first happens, I think the second will be a given.

The odds have come down from $13 to $6. If the Poms crash out next, I think it'll drop a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Simple solution if you get fouled/kicked but don't go to ground Ref's need to still give the foul. These days unless you go to ground and to an extent exaggerate an Injury you dont get the foul.
    This. In my o35s game last Friday, I got fouled in the box, got nothing and the ref said a few minutes later when we were still complaining because I didn't go down and kept playing, he didn't give it.

Unlike Messi
    Unlike CR7

Neymar delivers in the big moments for his NT

Haters can hate but he is doing it all with 200 million on his back riding his every move
    hey no hate on Neymar hes fantastic.

but Willian was way better than him last night.
    as has Coutinho all tournament.

theyve got some decent squaddies to go with Neymar.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    This. In my o35s game last Friday, I got fouled in the box, got nothing and the ref said a few minutes later when we were still complaining because I didn't go down and kept playing, he didn't give it.
    Happens in every league
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Happens in every league
    No doubt. I was just surprised that he was so blatant about explaining it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Neymar can play. He can beat players like they aren't even on the pitch. But he has been kicked to crap that many times that he has learnt a terrible side of football.

Two points.

1. If you don't want him to roll around and make us look like sissy's, don't kick the crap out of him.
    2. If you don't kick the crap out of him he will make you look very very stupid.

As a defender, you can see how much it puts him off his game when he gets worked up from fouls. So i'd kick him, let him roll around, deal with the sissy comments from other codes and move on.
    Quite frankly i just think we need to grow up about the diving and gamesmanship that goes on in the game

We as a nation have some type of petulant chip on our shoulder about this with an our shit dont stink attitude

Quite frankly i couldnt give two ****s if CR7 isnt as hard enough for Barry Bogan out there that he goes down easily
    It more a reflection on Barry Bogan that he is that stupid he doesnt see why CR7 does this

The dark arts need to be embraced in this country

FFS our football is that shit we only score off penalties and cunce are adament we shouldnt dive

Lie Cheat Steal

Lets play the same game

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    No doubt. I was just surprised that he was so blatant about explaining it.
    shouldve gave the other player a yellow anyway IMO

love at first sight

It doesn’t really work for us because we are generally more physical. It’s a hard job convincing the red that some Chinese player used excessive force to push Jedinak or Mooy off the ball. If they go down easy it’s a joke, and play on.
    Roles reversed, a foul is given.

I’m not 100% opposed to some of the theatrics. I think looking for contact is a clever ploy. 2 players sprinting for the ball into the box, first player slows down deliberately and following player falls into him. Looks like he knocked him down.
    Penalty.
    Suarez is usually pretty decent at it, gets in between ball and player and goes floppy.
    It was actually great refereeing to recognise that it was a ploy and waving play on. And I agree, he was spot on, Suarez got up every time. And then he looks like an idiot. Zero cares though when you win.

Does it not make you cringe when players take a dive and roll around all over the floor?

I’d like to see more players booked for simulation.

Did much come of EPL retrospectively looking st simulation? I seem to recall 2-3 players being suspended...

CMON Switzerland today!!!!!!!
    Amigos Aarau

I think there are 2 aspects to this:
    1. milking/exaggerating the outcome of a contact: this - to some extent - is part of the game, it requires the attacker's ability to put his body in the right position and force the defender to a foul, or a contact
    2. blatant simulation, or pretending to be badly injured and then just walk away as if nothing happened: not acceptable, just plain cheating IMO. Neymar was hard to watch, I felt a bit disgusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    It doesn’t really work for us because we are generally more physical. It’s a hard job convincing the red that some Chinese player used excessive force to push Jedinak or Mooy off the ball. If they go down easy it’s a joke, and play on.
    Roles reversed, a foul is given.

I’m not 100% opposed to some of the theatrics. I think looking for contact is a clever ploy. 2 players sprinting for the ball into the box, first player slows down deliberately and following player falls into him. Looks like he knocked him down.
    Penalty.
    Suarez is usually pretty decent at it, gets in between ball and player and goes floppy.
    It was actually great refereeing to recognise that it was a ploy and waving play on. And I agree, he was spot on, Suarez got up every time. And then he looks like an idiot. Zero cares though when you win.

Does it not make you cringe when players take a dive and roll around all over the floor?

I’d like to see more players booked for simulation.

Did much come of EPL retrospectively looking st simulation? I seem to recall 2-3 players being suspended...
    Dele Ali got pinged a fair bit for diving

love at first sight

Lie Cheat Steal

Lets play the same game
    Yeah, you can f**k right off with that attitude.

I don't want cheating peaces of shit in my game.

Edit:

What I don't like, is the blatant diving and the rolling 500 times after contact. Remove those and there is no problem with someone staying down due to an injury, even if its not "bad".

Diving, clear as day. Its weak as piss and is cheating. Remove it. Yellow/Red until its gone.
    Rolling around 500 times, it makes the game look like shit and you look even worse.
    Staying down for an "injury" is also weak as piss (time wasting), but who are we to say there isn't actually an injury. (Unlike Suarez, holding his head for a foot/leg contact).
    Last edited by Roundball Enthusiast; 03-07-2018 at 05:44 PM.

D8tKbDJ.jpg

While I agree on the diving I reckon Neymar's ankles after each game look something like Hazard's after nearly every prem game. Id say also 90% of kicks to the ankles of players like Hazard and Neymar are ignored for the assumption of they dive so dont give then any fouls. Ive had a feeling for a while that the rolling around is the give them a breather from a previous foul or missed foul

love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Yeah, you can f**k right off with that attitude.

I don't want cheating peaces of shit in my game.

Edit:

What I don't like, is the blatant diving and the rolling 500 times after contact. Remove those and there is no problem with someone staying down due to an injury, even if its not "bad".

Diving, clear as day. Its weak as piss and is cheating. Remove it. Yellow/Red until its gone.
    Rolling around 500 times, it makes the game look like shit and you look even worse.
    Staying down for an "injury" is also weak as piss (time wasting), but who are we to say there isn't actually an injury. (Unlike Suarez, holding his head for a foot/leg contact).
    Notbing i enjoy more than seeing someone put in a couple of hundred rolls to exaggerate the effects of contact

Needs more of it

What you mean you dont want them in the game???

They already are part of the game

The greatest players in the game are more than happy to cheat lie steal win etc

Maradona
    Neymar
    Suarez

All winners because they play the game and do what is required whether that be lie cheat steal

Sweden are Euro 2016’s Portugal. Just scraping by each time.
    Imo they set up differently each game and seem to just absorb pressure until game opens up.

Swiss should have spent more time practicing Shooting and less at the barbers.

Henderson saying if you can’t beat em, join em.

Refs on the borderline of losing this game.