Page 33 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Brilliant.

In my opinion, regardless of whether Liverpool win the league or not, I think it's been a success. Sure it'll be tough to take getting so close if we miss out and I will be very disappointed, but the team was written off as maybe finishing 7th so Top 3 is a great achievement.

It's still anyone's race as I mentioned before, and I've still got hope Liverpool can get there.

The test for the club that I am waiting to see is during the off season. Last time we were in a position and finished second was back in 2008/09. That summer we failed to invest because of the two muppets that owned the club then. As a result we all know what happened. They never progressed - in fact they did the opposite and regressed. Torres slumped, Mascherano left and so did Xabi, we sold Arbeloa just to fund other transfers.

I hope the club have learned from this and invest wisely in the summer so they can take the experience from this year and challenge again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    In my opinion, regardless of whether Liverpool win the league or not, I think it's been a success. Sure it'll be tough to take getting so close if we miss out and I will be very disappointed, but the team was written off as maybe finishing 7th so Top 3 is a great achievement.

It's still anyone's race as I mentioned before, and I've still got hope Liverpool can get there.

The test for the club that I am waiting to see is during the off season. Last time we were in a position and finished second was back in 2008/09. That summer we failed to invest because of the two muppets that owned the club then. As a result we all know what happened. They never progressed - in fact they did the opposite and regressed. Torres slumped, Mascherano left and so did Xabi, we sold Arbeloa just to fund other transfers.

I hope the club have learned from this and invest wisely in the summer so they can take the experience from this year and challenge again.
    getting another Andy Carroll equivalent would be good for the league

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

Absolute masterclass that is on how to try and take the moral high ground after ballsing it up and choking with the finish line in sight.

End of day Liverpool had the title destiny in their own hands after doing all the hard work and have ballsed it up with 3 games left .

2 out of 3 games at home, playing a team on the back of a UCL semi and with an eye on the midweek return leg and less to play for, a season with no Euro football to sidetrack and drain them, short cup runs so easier to focus on the League.

These guys have ****ed it up big time.

It has been 24 years and this is their chance. Citeh Chelski will be stronger next season man ure will be back and Arsenal will be there or there abouts.

The time was Liverpools and they CHOKED

This season will not be a success but will be deemed a failure in the annals of history particularly if that title drought goes on for the next 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    getting another Andy Carroll equivalent would be good for the league
    That would require selling Suarez as the "Torres" in a deal prior...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Absolute masterclass that is on how to try and take the moral high ground after ballsing it up and choking with the finish line in sight.

End of day Liverpool had the title destiny in their own hands after doing all the hard work and have ballsed it up with 3 games left .

2 out of 3 games at home, playing a team on the back of a UCL semi and with an eye on the midweek return leg and less to play for, a season with no Euro football to sidetrack and drain them, short cup runs so easier to focus on the League.

It has been 24 years and this is their chance. Citeh Chelski will be stronger next season man ure will be back and Arsenal will be there or there abouts.

This season will not be a success but will be deemed a failure in the annals of history particularly if that title drought goes on for the next 5 years
    Ok I'll bite,
    Legit Questions but.

2 weeks ago Chelsea had their destiny in their own hands, Did they CHOKE?
    Up until last nights result City were relying on results after being in control of their destiny 2 weeks ago would it of been considered a CHOKE if they didn't win?
    Arsenal were in the box seat at the turn of the year have they CHOKED?
    Everton were in control of their own destiny to make the CL have they CHOKED?
    If Real and Chelsea don't win the CL will they be considered as CHOKING?

I'll give you my thoughts once these questions are answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Come on Member. You look back and you will not see me saying that "we have this in the bag!" once. And besides it isn't over yet! There is still another twist or two int he premier league race and I think it will come down to the last day.

I echo what Premy said. It's been in other teams hands already and now was Liverpool's turn. I wouldn't have said they choked.

Geez, they lost one freaking game and everyone is onto them. Any chance to stick the knife in, hey.

And I will class it as a success given what I expected of the team at the beginning of the season. Did anyone SERIOUSLY think they'd be challenging at this time of the year?

A week is a long time in football.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Ok I'll bite,
    Legit Questions but.

Yep they have by losing to vastly inferior opponents. They have not achieved as much as they could this year. they have a great squad and a great manager and shouldn't be finding themselves so far behind with 3 games to go considering the amount of points they have dropped this season against the bigger teams (very few) the dropping of points to the lesser lights will most likely cost them the title

Up until last nights result City were relying on results after being in control of their destiny 2 weeks ago would it of been considered a CHOKE if they didn't win?
    Considering their resources yep.

I would say Arsenal have to an extent. Mainly cause they fell away so early and easily.
    Put in big games away from home against Chelsea Man C Liverpool they got thumped. Obviously something missing there big time to capitulate so timidly. Arsenal have massively underachieved in 2014 and should have made much more of a fist of winning the title than they have

At the level of the also rans such as Spuds Everton etc fighting for UCL spots Europa spots these teams are generally inconsistent and can stick it to the big boys one day then lose the game at home to the likes of WBA Swansea etc
    Everton were never in a position to lay claim to 4th spot as theirs and would have to battle it out to the end of season against better resourced outfit(Arsenal)

Firstly I am of the opinion Bayern and Athletico are the two better sides in these ties. Secondly neither RM or Chelsea are that far behind their rivals in abilities so both ties could go either way. there are no great mismatches here

There we go

Amazing how many people come out of the woodwork after six months to stick the boot in after one loss.
    Let me spell it out for you: Most reasonable and rational liverpool supporters wanted UCL qualification at the beginning of the season, no-one dreamt we would be in the position we are in now. Which is top of the league with two games to play.
    We achieved an automatic Champions League spot with four games to go, while playing some brilliant football with a team that was expected to struggle to break into the top 4 due to the differences in player investment and squad depth.
    Anything achieved above this is purely icing.

I posted elsewhere, some people seem to have mistaken belief and hope that we COULD win the league, as that we expected we WOULD win the league. While the loss last night to a classless team worth over 300mil who play for a classless manager who has his team playing a more expensive version of an Allardyce gameplan hurts, it was after an 11 game winning streak. They did what they had to do, and everyone knew thats how they would play, it was up to us to break through. Which we didnt. He did the same thing to Barca ffs and we arent anywhere near that level.

It sucks that we have lost that momentum, but if the final round of the EPL a few seasons ago showed anything - its not over until the final whistle. Whether we win or not, its been a f*cking brilliant season. End of.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Man, I hope we win it more than ever just to piss everyone off.
    You all say Liverpool fans are bad....

Re: the game.
    We miss Henderson more than anyone IMO. Suarez has no mojo at the moment. Sterling runs out of puff. Gerrard did well in my opinion. Coutinho goes missing too easily. I had to check he was still on at one stage.
    I can't help but think that majority of our conceded goals are mistakes.
    That being said, Chelsea had a gameplay and executed. IMO the best thing they did was time waste in the opening 5 minutes as it riled the supporters up and liverpool start to panic when they don't score.

Schwarzer made some crucial saves. Ivanovic had a top game. Chelsea have something we don't have and it's the ability to close out games comfortably. I didn't think we were going to score. Whenever Pool have a lead we always look vulnerable with donkey clearances etc.

I'd now prefer City to win it as opposed to Chelsea as City, liverpool and arsenal all play a better style/more entertaining football.

That being said, I don't think we have choked either. It was our first loss in the calendar year so I guess in some ways inevitable, but I agree that we should have ensured we got something out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Amazing how many people come out of the woodwork after six months to stick the boot in after one loss.
    Let me spell it out for you: Most reasonable and rational liverpool supporters wanted UCL qualification at the beginning of the season, no-one dreamt we would be in the position we are in now. Which is top of the league with two games to play.
    We achieved an automatic Champions League spot with four games to go, while playing some brilliant football with a team that was expected to struggle to break into the top 4 due to the differences in player investment and squad depth.
    Anything achieved above this is purely icing.

I posted elsewhere, some people seem to have mistaken belief and hope that we COULD win the league, as that we expected we WOULD win the league. While the loss last night to a classless team worth over 300mil who play for a classless manager who has his team playing a more expensive version of an Allardyce gameplan hurts, it was after an 11 game winning streak. They did what they had to do, and everyone knew thats how they would play, it was up to us to break through. Which we didnt. He did the same thing to Barca ffs and we arent anywhere near that level.

It sucks that we have lost that momentum, but if the final round of the EPL a few seasons ago showed anything - its not over until the final whistle. Whether we win or not, its been a f*cking brilliant season. End of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Man, I hope we win it more than ever just to piss everyone off.
    You all say Liverpool fans are bad....

Re: the game.
    We miss Henderson more than anyone IMO. Suarez has no mojo at the moment. Sterling runs out of puff. Gerrard did well in my opinion. Coutinho goes missing too easily. I had to check he was still on at one stage.
    I can't help but think that majority of our conceded goals are mistakes.
    That being said, Chelsea had a gameplay and executed. IMO the best thing they did was time waste in the opening 5 minutes as it riled the supporters up and liverpool start to panic when they don't score.

Schwarzer made some crucial saves. Ivanovic had a top game. Chelsea have something we don't have and it's the ability to close out games comfortably. I didn't think we were going to score. Whenever Pool have a lead we always look vulnerable with donkey clearances etc.

I'd now prefer City to win it as opposed to Chelsea as City, liverpool and arsenal all play a better style/more entertaining football.

That being said, I don't think we have choked either. It was our first loss in the calendar year so I guess in some ways inevitable, but I agree that we should have ensured we got something out of it.
    Some sense. Thank you

There we go
    My understanding of CHOKING and your idea of it seem to be different. There was and still is a lot of football to be played, my definition of CHOKING is falling at the last hurdle when you're in front by 10 meters. By your logic 19 other clubs will CHOKE this year because they didn't win the Premier League.
    Yes they let a good opportunity slip (no pun intended)
    Did they CHOKE? Far from it, more like exceed expectations.

As for porksey and your attempts at trolling, it's a real shame they canned the Intertoto Cup, United could of had a chance to win something next year.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Ok I'll bite,
    Legit Questions but.

it's a big old yes to every question.

apart from the champions league one, which is kinda stupid.

and it looks like we are actually going to end the season with more trophies than you will, despite it being our worst season for 20 odd years and this being close to your best during that same timeframe.
    Last edited by parksey; 28-04-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

As for porksey and your attempts at trolling,
    not that he needs me sticking up for him, but I think Parksey has been top shelf these past few weeks on the Man U as well as this thread.
    bloke has been the voice of reason, as well as providing a fair few chuckles.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    not that he needs me sticking up for him, but I think Parksey has been top shelf these past few weeks on the Man U as well as this thread.
    bloke has been the voice of reason, as well as providing a fair few chuckles.
    i guess i was due a few good posts.

apart from the champions league one, which is kinda stupid.
    That was the intention
    I'M GULLIBLE!

That was the intention
    well all of the other questions were perfectly valid.

it's a big old yes to every question.

and it looks like we are actually going to end the season with more trophies than you will, despite it being our worst season for 20 odd years and this being close to your best during that same timeframe.
    who said porksey is a voice of reason ffs. Atletico are doin better, Caaarn