Page 142 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Where is Rojas these days? He bloody destroyed this league with Victory!
    He had one good season at MV. That's it. At the Nix he only scored twice in 21 games.
    At MV he failed to score in his first twenty odd starts. In his second season he scored 15 which was a great effort - but he's never backed it up since.
    In fact he's only scored 4 times since leaving MV and been through three clubs already.

He would possibly cost a visa spot and International Marquee status to obtain and at that price you would be taking a massive punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Apparently for $750k a season FMD.
    Good to see Wellington have surpassed the Jets in paying overs for players

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Where is Rojas these days? He bloody destroyed this league with Victory!
    So funny, I was thinking yesterday he would be the perfect signing for us. Is he getting game time?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Bugger Rojas lets get Brockie back whats he up to
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    South africa

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    if we cant get brockie lets get vaughn coveny back..

Handy replacement for Enver is an understatement.
    We would go from a donkey to black cavier! FBK Shreds it, slow start to his second season but there is no doubt in my mind he is one of the absolute top players in this league. We would never get him!
    I agree totally, Enver has about 3 good touches a game the rest is absolute crud. But you cannot deny his commitment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by foti68 View Post
    I agree totally, Enver has about 3 good touches a game the rest is absolute crud. But you cannot deny his commitment.
    Love this guy for his effort.
    How do I ask this. Does Enver park close to the entry?

I know there are 7 games to go but I reckon most on here would agree that Nordstrand is class from just the 4 games he has appeared in and that the club should at the very least start putting some "feelers" out to extending his contract for another season. His instincts as a footballer are spot on and he already seems to have a great understanding with Alivodic and Leonardo in particular....which will only get better the more they play together.
    Apparently his wife and daughter arrive this week to stay with him for the rest of the season. I don't know what sort of support group there is for partners....or if there is any at all, but the club should be doing their utmost to make sure Mrs Nordstrand settles in to the Newy lifestyle!

Quote Originally Posted by foti68 View Post
    Enver to me looks like a player who has the talent but just makes the wrong option because he is just not reading his team-mates pass or run. Having said that with Leonardo and Nordstrand in the team he looks a better player. Was involved in 2 of the goals yesterday on top of that beautiful pass to Nordstrand a couple of weeks a go to set up Milos' 2nd goal against City, as well as the assist for Cooper's goal last week against Roar....that's 4 of our last 6 goals he has had a hand in the last 3 games!!!

Enver's performances have definitely improved the last few weeks with Leo & Nobby in the team. Combinations are starting to come together. Whether it continues to improve by year end will be interesting to see

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    I don't know what sort of support group there is for partners....or if there is any at all, but the club should be doing their utmost to make sure Mrs Nordstrand settles in to the Newy lifestyle!
    Case of mangos and a bikini delivered to their apartment this morning. She arrives tomorrow, mangos will benefit from 1 day on the bench.

Tommy Oar linked to Sydney (as always)..
    http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...e-socceroo-oar

I'd love the guys on here who analyze the Jets salary spending to have a crack at the Smurfs figures.

How the fvck does sydney have $500k left under the cap??
    Absolute bullsh*t

I just don't understand it.. Haha..
    Madness..

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    Absolute bullsh*t
    I'd imagine they'd use the guest stint option, maybe try and use ACL wages subsidizing? Plus they'd be able to set his contract up so they pay him say 50k this season, but then extra for the other seasons of his contract - which might be a marquee deal so could be as high as they want. They'd find a way.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    Absolute bullsh*t
    They use all the outside the cap stuff. Brosque and Holosko as marquee's, loyalty stuff for Grant or Ryall or whoever, one of their new season recruits would have been the NPL talent funding thing. All the stuff we don't use

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I'd love the guys on here who analyze the Jets salary spending to have a crack at the Smurfs figures.
    1. Janjetovic - league min (is it 55k?). Terrible keeper, can't catch, pass or organise. Comes to training sober though, so gets a run.
    2. Seb Ryall - Technically in custody so can't receive income. League min so it goes into a trust account to fund schoolies trips till he turns 45.
    4. Zac Anderson - gypo, has no idea what 'wages' or 'employment' are. Gets fortnightly centrelink cheque for $479.80.
    5. Mat Jurman - league min, although his twin brother "matt yerrrrrrman" is somehow turning up for half his shifts lately.
    6. Stambozliev - no wages, not a real person. is actually a marketing ploy for a new brand of cheap russian vodka. Seb Ryall hosts Stambozliev vodka parties for 14 year olds on the Gold Coast.
    7. A Hoole - League min, but its gets paid into his account so he's exponentially more wealthy than he was when at the Jets.
    8. Dimitrejavic - gets around league salary rules by being paid in food vouchers. currently over his own personal 'cap space'.
    9. Shane Smeltz - $150k, but in NZ dollars, so its about $60k (this joke was totally better about 8 years ago).
    10. Ninkovic - wait? aren't he and Dimitrejavic the same person? Sydney uses them under same contract. $200k between them.
    11. C. Naumoff - $80k he played good one game, only 4 years and 3 knee surgeries away from being offered a max deal by the Jets.
    12. J. Tratt? - the **** is that guy? league min.
    13. B. Oneill - the only Oneill not making a living out of tyres or wetsuits. poor career choice. league min.
    14. A Brosque - $100,000 per 90mins played. Season wages so far = $30k.
    16. R. Woodcock - isn't he a cricketer? league min.
    17. D.Carney - hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha hahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahah
    18. M. Simon - legally entitled to half of Arnies salary and super due them officially being declared a defacto couple.
    19. J. Faty - he's french, so he's obviously on the run from something in his homeland. league min on the proviso sydney fc don't tell anyone where he lives.
    20. I.Necevski - league min, but paid as a coach so no impact on the cap.
    21. F.Holosko - league min. plays for a country that now doesn't technically exist. bummer man.
    22. A.Abbas - league min. still love him. if only former jets management weren't all haterz.
    23. R.Grant - his contract states he gets whatever Marc Warren earns + $1 to formalise his position as only the 2nd worst player in the league.
    24. George Blackwood - sounds like a politician from the early 1900's. i wouldn't vote for him. **** that guy.
    25. A.Calver - ? again, who the ****? league min.
    27. M.Tavares - $200k lord knows what for. garbage.and french. so double garbage.
    29. A.Mullen - doesn't he play for the Knights? George Blackwood refuses to bring his dog to training or social gatherings. League min.
    30. A Bouzanis - somehow isn't better than the other 2 retards in goals. shouldn't be getting anything if he's that bad. has def used the "my brother played premier league" approach to pick up chicks.

so as you can see Sydney have heaps of room under the cap. Bring Tommy home.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Eland made a point I've not ever thought of tbh.

Pushing 4 players outside the cap (marquee x2, homegrown x2) means other teams have the whole cap the attract 19 players.

If you don't use the "outside the cap" concessions you're trying to attract all 23 with the cap.

I'm not sure why that's never dawned on me.

Kanta and BK are well worth keeping for that fact alone. More money to spend on the rest of the squad.