Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Jobe leaving was the beginning of the end of this shitful club.

The club is getting what it deserves.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    He wasnt doesnt mean i didnt love him to death
    Seriously stand your ground and not try to appease people around here.

You have made your case and backtracked now as soon as you got challenged

Stand your ground buddy

I agree with the member, Stanny. If you stand by your tough truths, you'll garner respect around this place, and even a reputation for wisdom. #GVEin

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I agree with the member, Stanny. If you stand by your tough truths, you'll garner respect around this place, and even a reputation for wisdom. #GVEin
    Hey I was willing to give my man Stany a chance to apologise and plead for forgiveness but he's still at it so he can keep getting all the way the **** out of here to Gosford to link up with the rest of the Gypos,

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Jobe leaving was the beginning of the end of this shitful club.

The club is getting what it deserves.
    Actually the club has been in a constant state of rebuilding since GVE came back. Okay Branko wasn't amongst the best coaches going around but he had assembled a decent squad with a good blend of youth and experience before he got the flick. GVE comes back and within 12 months we lose the likes of Topor, Elrich, Brockie and Abbas....players who were just entering their prime as footballers. In their place came a bunch of kids....Taggart, Brillante, Goodwin, Chapman, Oxborrow....who have all come and gone anyway.
    Had the debacle of Stubbins last year with him signing Flores, Celeski, Madaschi, Gallagher etc. and then deciding that they weren't the players he required either half-way through the season or at seasons end. This wasn't the only legacy Muppet left, it's become over the past few months that there are 3-4 players on big coin either signed by him or had their contracts upgraded to keep them here.
    I'm far from being sold on Miller as a coach but shit lets face it, he was up against it from the beginning this season.

here Jobe making a lovely pass right into the back of the ****ing net.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I remember no-one could believe it, even Jobe

Crowd was terrible. And it wasn't Jobe you goose it was Joel...
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Just thinking about it again - anybody else scores that goal (Del Piero, Mooy, Brosque) and it would be lauded as the greatest thing ever. Poor old Jobe never got the credit he deserved

Seriously stand your ground and not try to appease people around here.

You have made your case and backtracked now as soon as you got challenged

Stand your ground buddy
    i thought i did. Never said i didnt love Jobe just mentioned he couldn't pass very well. never once did i change my stance on this
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

I still get angry that this is one off the few games ive missed the past couple of years
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

we we've had cowburn sitting on the bench all year so he's had the option to make a positive change but settles for the same shit every week
    While I like Cowburn, there's a fine balance between blooding a youngster and throwing him to wolves. Miller is possibly worried about the latter. Ugarkovic on the other hand, despite being young, is probably more capable of handling it. Let's remember that Miller wanted Ugarkovic from the start of the season but some contract issue stopped it from happening. It's possible that between Ugar and Kantarovski, Watson was only ever seen as a backup player at most but ended up getting more and more time on the pitch because Uga wasn't signed, and then others kept getting suspended or injured meaning he always got shuffled into the squad. If our season is gone, I don't mind letting Watson take the brunt of the work and then sub in Cowburn & Ugarkovic at better stages of the match to maximise their output and development (how was that for a Millertime quote?).

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Just thinking about it again - anybody else scores that goal (Del Piero, Mooy, Brosque) and it would be lauded as the greatest thing ever. Poor old Jobe never got the credit he deserved
    Indeed...compare Cockerill's commentary to that he gave Carlos' goal on the Gold Coast.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    While I like Cowburn, there's a fine balance between blooding a youngster and throwing him to wolves. Miller is possibly worried about the latter. Ugarkovic on the other hand, despite being young, is probably more capable of handling it. Let's remember that Miller wanted Ugarkovic from the start of the season but some contract issue stopped it from happening. It's possible that between Ugar and Kantarovski, Watson was only ever seen as a backup player at most but ended up getting more and more time on the pitch because Uga wasn't signed, and then others kept getting suspended or injured meaning he always got shuffled into the squad. If our season is gone, I don't mind letting Watson take the brunt of the work and then sub in Cowburn & Ugarkovic at better stages of the match to maximise their output and development (how was that for a Millertime quote?).
    so you're saying he continually played the worst player in the squad to the detriment of the team, despite having a better option on the bench (or playing out of position) because he was worried about denting said player's confidence?

seems legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

so you're saying he continually played the worst player in the squad to the detriment of the team, despite having a better option on the bench (or playing out of position) because he was worried about denting said player's confidence?

seems legit.
    Watson gets pulled at 2-1 down against Perth for Cowburn. Ends up 6-1.

Watson gets pulled for Cowburn around the 70th minute mark at 1-0 up against Coasties. We all know what happened.

Watson wasn't on the pitch when we went 2-0 down to City. Comes on at half time we win 3-2.

I'm not a fan of Watson and think he needs to be replaced at seasons end, and I'm not blaming Cowburn for those results, but to think we should have thrown Cowburn in there full time all season doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I like him but I don't think he's got enough atm to make any difference to what's happening out there. Whether we disagree about whether that's good or bad for his development is something that can be debated but ultimately not proven. Miller seems to be easing Cowburn in which is something I don't have a problem with. Maybe we revisit this discussion in a month and see how much game time Watson gets with Uga now available.

Watson gets pulled for Cowburn around the 70th minute mark at 1-0 up against Coasties. We all know what happened.

Watson wasn't on the pitch when we went 2-0 down to City. Comes on at half time we win 3-2.

I'm not a fan of Watson and think he needs to be replaced at seasons end, and I'm not blaming Cowburn for those results, but to think we should have thrown Cowburn in there full time all season doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I like him but I don't think he's got enough atm to make any difference to what's happening out there. Whether we disagree about whether that's good or bad for his development is something that can be debated but ultimately not proven. Miller seems to be easing Cowburn in which is something I don't have a problem with. Maybe we revisit this discussion in a month and see how much game time Watson gets with Uga now available.
    I think come next season we should have the 4/5 of the guys we have now, with Watson being the players getting the axe, and you can even argue to the idea of getting rid of Kanta and even axing Poljak early. Thing with Poljak however is that he's been lined up all season without Leo to work with and next to Watson who hurts him due to the similarities of their style. Him next to Uga could be the goods for him. Kanta, if his contract is negotiated down a touch and moved outside the cap should stay due to his versatility

You were likely at the last home game where in one half of football Watson made six turnover sin a roaw and put us under the pump.

I don't fault Watson's commitment, but he really is a poor quality player.

Cowburn needs some time, but so does every youth player. He's a cut above the current decent Youth team we have.

Yes I am sure it was all because Cowburn came on and the game changed. The times I have seen him play, he has done his job. Maybe you have to look further than just one player. For instance why is Poljack (spelling) so shit for us when he did well for WSW. Maybe it is the style we are playing that he can't fit into. Why is Trifunovic mostly playing up front as a lone striker. Why in the first half of most games we can't get the ball past half way. etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Yes I am sure it was all because Cowburn came on and the game changed. The times I have seen him play, he has done his job. Maybe you have to look further than just one player. For instance why is Poljack (spelling) so shit for us when he did well for WSW. Maybe it is the style we are playing that he can't fit into. Why is Trifunovic mostly playing up front as a lone striker. Why in the first half of most games we can't get the ball past half way. etc etc
    I said I wasn't blaming Cowburn for those results (and I didn't even mention his first half shocker down in Parra). I was trying to make the point that Cowburn isn't going to come in and make a big difference to our team as some are suggesting - I'd rather he be eased in and grow into a solid player rather than throw him to the wolves by starting every match.

Banned
    I said I wasn't blaming Cowburn for those results (and I didn't even mention his first half shocker down in Parra). I was trying to make the point that Cowburn isn't going to come in and make a big difference to our team as some are suggesting - I'd rather he be eased in and grow into a solid player rather than throw him to the wolves by starting every match.
    Easing him in is one thing

The coach though needs to show some faith in him and actually bite the bullet and start him and not only that regularly play him in his actual position

Stop playing him at left back right back etc

Play him in his position and allow him a chance and actually put some confidence into the kid

The way many at the Jets are treated is piss poor. Stop playing them out of position and allow them to learn their role