Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    i'm not going to thank the ref (and linesman) for missing the handball penalty early on in the game that would have seen arsenal go 1 up.

I'm not going to thank the ref for missing the incredibly blatant foul on ozil which directly led to the counter attack that leicester got the penalty, and first goal, for.

I'm not going to thank the ref for giving vardy the penalty, when really it wasn't a penalty. Yes, there was contact. Yes, monreal was silly to throw his leg in like that. But vardy generated the contact, and did not for a second even pretend to be regaining the ball that he touched very far to his right.

I'm not going to thank the ref for somehow not giving any leicester player a card in the first half.

I'm not going to thank the ref for missing the red card challenge on ramsey.

But i will thank the laws of the game for punishing simpson's stupidity to commit such a stupid foul so soon after receiving his first yellow card.

Btw i didn't think either team was struggling before the sendoff. I thought both teams were fantastic, and it was one of my favourite games to watch in years.

How freaking great was kante, my word. He played about 6 positions at once. The dude is a freak.

Giroud was imo the man of the match for arsenal. I don't remember seeing him work so hard on and off the ball, and he was continually hounded by 2-3 leicester defenders but rarely turned over possession.

Sanchez was marked out of the game really well by leicester. He was so quiet.
    he's alive!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Eff me.

Wenger's gameplan was fine, they had no shots on target in the first half and we had the better chances on the counter. We did everything we needed to do except finish something.
    Effing Ox flirts with being a great player but isn't there yet. I think Joel Campbell is a better attacker and still offers good defensive workrate.
    Flamini must now realize that he isn't worthy of a new deal. That was definitely Merts fault for not clearing the ball but Flamini still swung his boot like an amatuer, Messi threw himself down and that was that for the tie. Should have been a 2-1 win and then if we lose in Barca we keep some face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Throw the bank on Arse to win the return leg by 1 goal.

Fxxx sake
    OK

no chance for arsenal at the nou camp 4-0 loss i reckon arsenal chokes again in the UCL again (well done wenger) and then once they choke in the EPL order will be restored. arsenal have a morgatge on 4th place its their responsibility to finish there every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    no chance for arsenal at the nou camp 4-0 loss i reckon arsenal chokes again in the UCL again (well done wenger) and then once they choke in the EPL order will be restored. arsenal have a morgatge on 4th place its their responsibility to finish there every year.
    This isn't the 442 forum mate, keep that drivel for them and learn how to spell.

We will probably draw 1-1 away, go 1 up and then concede late.
    Giroud deserved a goal today. Mash potatoes was leaning into him and pulling him down and he still managed to leap and direct that header to the bottom corner. Ter Stegen is capable of some fumbles but he can still shot-stop very well.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Messi threw himself down and that was that for the tie.
    On this, the most holiest of days, we need to take time out to appreciate the awesomeness of the work of others not named Griff.

Excellent post. Would read this line at least 16 more times.

Eff me.

Wenger's gameplan was fine, they had no shots on target in the first half and we had the better chances on the counter. We did everything we needed to do except finish something.
    Effing Ox flirts with being a great player but isn't there yet. I think Joel Campbell is a better attacker and still offers good defensive workrate.
    Flamini must now realize that he isn't worthy of a new deal. That was definitely Merts fault for not clearing the ball but Flamini still swung his boot like an amatuer, Messi threw himself down and that was that for the tie. Should have been a 2-1 win and then if we lose in Barca we keep some face.
    That was a pen. any of those in red would have done the same thing.

15 shots to 8
    7 corners to 1
    %66 possession to barca

Arse were good for a goal but couldnt nab one and the classier team won, you'll have to live with it. It wont be any easier at the nou. Could get a draw there.

Maybe if the Leicester ref was there the score could have been different

It was definitely a Penalty, that wasn't what i was trying to allude to. As soon as he swung his dopey leg out the tie was out of reach. If we score first and concede 1, then the tie is still within reach.

Big Merts was quoted saying that it was up front that we should've done better, and i tend to agree with him.

It was definitely a Penalty, that wasn't what i was trying to allude to. As soon as he swung his dopey leg out the tie was out of reach. If we score first and concede 1, then the tie is still within reach.

Big Merts was quoted saying that it was up front that we should've done better, and i tend to agree with him.
    yep. and remember its not over like a lot of barca fans think

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Maybe if the Leicester ref was there the score could have been different
    Would barca have been given a penalty earlier?
    OK

We will be up 2-1 then Ozil will be sent off for some shit reason like kicking the ball away after not hearing a whitsle, after and incident where no whistle was actually required over the noise of 110,000 people (ala RVP) and then with seconds to go, Walcott will miss a sitter, ala Bendtner.

Its been written in the stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Arsenal usually play the winner of the Champions Lesgue in February

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Arsenal usually play the winner of the Champions Lesgue in February
    Spurs??

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Would barca have been given a penalty earlier?
    only if at the nou. favours home teams

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    ops:
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

ops:
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

pretty much as you were except it seems like every cvnt is letting manure back in

Proper game this.
    Nonsense everywhere. Ref forgot his whistle.
    112 yr old white dudes are nodding in approval all over.

got a mate with a platinum pass at Homebush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.