2014/2015 Hyundai A-League
Season 10 Round 10
Perth Glory FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC
When: Friday 12th December, 2014
Where: NIB Stadium, 310 Pier St, Perth, WA
Kickoff: 945pm AEDST (645pm local time)
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Perth 720AM or ABC Grandstand Digital online/ABC Radio mobile app
Tweet: @newyboys #PERvNEW #NTUA
Jets Wins – 6, Glory Wins – 16, Drawn – 6
Jets Wins – 1, Glory Wins – 9, Drawn – 4
Average Away A-League crowd – 8431
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 30, Glory – 51
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 55 (54 Yellow, 1 Red), Glory – 46 (43 Yellow, 3 Red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – LDDLD
Glory – WDWWW
Jets – Joel Griffiths 3, Glory – Andy Keogh 6
Last Result –
Jets 1 (Neumann 74’) – Glory 2 (Maclaren 76, 77’) at nib Stadium, A-League Round 4, 1/11/2014.
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Glory – 7 (Jamie Harnwell)
2014/15 SEASON STATISTICS
- 9 Kew Jaliens, David Carney, Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano
- 8 Andrew Hoole, Jeronimo Neumann
- 7 Sam Gallagher
- 6 Mark Birrighiti , Zenon Caravella, Marco Flores, Jacob Pepper, Scott Neville
- 5 Taylor Regan, Allan Wesh
- 4 James Virgili, Sam Gallaway, Ben Kantarovsk,i Adrian Madaschi, Billy Celeski
- 3 Ben Kennedy
- 2 Jonny Steele
- 1 Nicholas Cowburn
- 3 Joel Griffiths
- 2 Edson Montano
- 1 Kew Jaliens, Jeronimo Neumann, Marco Flores
- 2 David Carney
- 1 Joel Griffiths, Scott Neville, Jacob Pepper, Taylor Regan, Andrew Hoole
- 3 Taylor Regan, Kew Jaliens, Jeronimo Neumann
- 2 Jacob Pepper, Marcos Flores, Edson Montano, Adrian Madaschi,
- 1 Jonny Steele, David Carney, Allan Welsh, Ben Kantarovski, Sam Gallaway,
Phil Stubbins – 0 wins, Kenny Lowe – 2 wins, 0 drawn,Newcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Phil Stubbins – 1 Matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = -% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 16 matches (3 wins, 6 drawn and 7 losses = 19% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 win, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 4 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – 0 matches (0 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = -% win ratio)
Perth Glory Coach Record – Kenny Lowe 100% win ratio (3 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses)
- Perth is currently on an 8-match undefeated streak.
- The Jets current streak in Perth is 13 matches winless. The Jets have lost the last 8 matches in Perth.
- The Jets are currently on the second longest winless streak in their history. It currently stands at 9 matches while the record is 11 matches without a win.
- Last week was the first time 25 matches the Jets have lost when leading at half time.
- The Jets haven’t kept a clean sheet in 9 matches. The current record is 18 matches between Season 7 and 8.
- The Jets haven’t kept a clean sheet in 10 matches in Perth.
- This season is not the leanest for goals scored at the corresponding stage. The worst was Season 6 when we had scored only 5. It is, however, our worst defensive record at this stage.
- The Jets have only scored 4 goals in the last 4 matches in Perth but have conceded 10.
- The Jets only win in Perth was on a Friday night.
- The Jets have scored 9 second half goals in Perth.
- The Jets haven’t scored more than 1 goal away from home this season.
- This season the Jets have conceded 10 goals in the last 20 minutes (70 minutes+) and 9 in the 70 minutes prior to that.
- Ben Kantarovski made his 90th appearance and Joel Griffiths his 70th last weekend.
- Joel Griffiths scored his 30th A-League goal for the club last weekend.
- The Jets last clean sheet in Perth was back in Season 3, Round 1. The clean sheet was kept by Ante Covic.
- Ken Lowe has a 100% win record against the Jets, winning all 3 matches in charge.
- All 4 players dismissed in this match have been given straight red cards. There hasn’t been a player dismissed for two bookable offences.
- Michael Thwaite the player who has received the most yellow cards in this fixture with 4.
- The current Glory player who has scored the most A-League goals against the Jets is Chris Harold with 3.
Jets v Glory Trivia:
1. How many penalties has Joel Griffiths scored for the Jets in his legendary career?
2. Who are the two players to have scored an own goal in this fixture?
3. Who was the first player booked in this fixture?
Please visit the forums at newcastlefootball.net for the answers to the trivia questions, and to discuss the match.