2016/2017 Hyundai A-League
Season 12 Round 7
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Central Coast Mariners
When: Sunday 20th November, 2016
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 5pm AEDST (gates open 220pm, W-League kickoff 230pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Prematch: Premier Hotel, 1 Brunker Rd, Broadmeadow from 2pm
Join The Squadron at our new venue The Premier Hotel for prematch drinks. All supporters are welcome – u18’s will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
If you sign up to become a Premier Hotel member for $10, you receive $10 in credit on your card. Ask for a membership form at the bar. A Premier Hotel membership gets you a 5% discount on food & drink not only at Premier but also at Junction Hotel & Sunnyside Tavern. You can purchase members only schooner cards – 10 schooners of local tap beers $55 or 10 schooners of craft tap beers $65. We will depart from the Premier 40 mins prior to kickoff.
Watch: LIVE on FoxSports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Radio online/app or EON Sports app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy #NTUA #F3DERBY
Active support is now located in the dedicated active support area in Bays 40 & 41 on the Southern Hill.
If you have ever wanted to join active support and try it out, now is the time. We are looking for people to step up and be involved in active support so please come along and join in.
Make sure you purchase a full season or 3 game Squadron membership online or an individual Squadron ticket online (adult ticket only) or from the dedicated ticket window (all tickets) at the Southern Gates to gain entry to the active support area. Also any supporter holding a Jets membership can enter the active support bay by simply showing your card.
Jets Wins – 11, Mariners Wins – 13, Drawn – 14
Jets Wins – 7, Mariners Wins – 4, Drawn – 7
In Gosford – 19 matches
Jets Wins – 3, Mariners Wins – 9, Drawn – 7
Average Home A-League Crowd – 12523
Average Away A-League Crowd – 10864
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 35, Mariners – 46
In Newcastle –
Jets – 19, Mariners – 16
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 19, Mariners – 16
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 93 (89 yellow, 4 red), Mariners 54 (50 yellow, 4 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – WDLLL (4 points from last 15)
Mariners – LLDWL (4 points from last 15)
Jets – Nigel Boogaard (2)
Mariners – Roy O’Donovan (3)
Last Result –
Jets 4 (Nordstrand 1′, Alivodic 18′, Nordstrand 54′, Poljak 79′) – Mariners 2 (Ferreira 51′ pen, O’Donovan 76′) at Central Coast Stadium, A-League, Round 27, 9/4/2016.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 15/16 Round 27
|Newcastle Jets||Central Coast Mariners|
|Mark Birighitti||Paul Izzo|
|Jason Hoffman||Jacob Poscoliero|
|Daniel Mullen||Harry Ascroft|
|Ben Kantarovski||Joshua Rose|
|Nick Cowburn||Michael Neill|
|Mateo Poljak||Nick Montgomery|
|Steven Ugarkovic||Liam Rose|
|Leonardo Vitor Santiago||Fabio Ferreira|
|Enver Alivodic||Luis Garcia|
|Morten Nordstrand||Mitch Austin|
|Ryan Kitto||Roy O’Donovan|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Mariners – Matt Simon (6)
2016/17 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Mark Jones – 0 wins, Paul Okon – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Mark Jones – 0 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = N/A% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (2 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses = 67% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 wins, 2 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 17 matches (6 wins, 6 drawn and 5 losses = 35% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 wins, 0 drawn, 2 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 win, 2 drawn, 3 losses = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans -1 Match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = 100% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 2 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- The Jets are over 2 years undefeated against the Mariners.
- The Mariners haven’t won in Newcastle for 1443 days.
- The last time the Jets lost 4 consecutive matches was in Season 2010/11. It has only happened twice in the club’s history.
- This is the third occasion in 3 years to have coaches on both sides involved in their first F3 derby at the same time.
- Nordstrand scored the fastest goal in Jets history in the last match over the Mariners.
- Ryan Kitto also provided the most assists in one match as a Jets player.
- Iain Fyfe could become player #145 for the Jets in the A-League.
- Andrew Nabbout became the 69th player to score for the Jets in the A-League last weekend.
- Only Craig Deans and Gary van Egmond have won their first match against the Mariners.
- This is currently the 3rd worst start in the Jets history. Only the 2 wooden spoon years were worse.
Central Coast Mariners
- The Mariners haven’t scored a first half goal against the Jets in 2 seasons.
- Paul Okon is undefeated when involved in the F3 derby.