2016/2017 Hyundai A-League
Season 12 Round 8
Melbourne Victory vs Newcastle United Jets FC
When: Saturday 26th November, 2016
Where: AAMI Park, Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne VIC, 3000
Kickoff: 535pm AEDST (gates open 430pm)
Tickets: Ticketek Link
Purchase your tickets in Bay 11 to sit with the away supporters
Prematch: Beer DeLuxe, Federation Square, Melbourne from 2pm
u18’s welcome when accompanied by a supervising adult
Join fellow Jets supporters from 4pm at our new venue The Premier Hotel to watch the away game LIVE. All supporters are welcome – u18’s will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
If you sign up to become a Premier Hotel member for $10, you receive $10 in credit on your card. Ask for a membership form at the bar. A Premier Hotel membership gets you a 5% discount on food & drink not only at Premier but also at Junction Hotel & Sunnyside Tavern. You can purchase members only schooner cards – 10 schooners of local tap beers $55 or 10 schooners of craft tap beers $65.
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Grandstand Radio online/app or EON Sports Radio app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy #NTUA #MVCvNEW
Jets Wins – 14, Victory Wins – 11, Drawn – 8
Jets Wins – 8, Victory Wins – 3, Drawn – 5
In Melbourne – 17 matches
Jets Wins – 6, Victory Wins – 8, Drawn – 3
Average Home A-League Crowd – 10515
Average Away A-League Crowd – 18115
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 45, Victory – 45
In Melbourne –
Jets – 18, Victory – 26
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 18, Victory – 13
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 63 (58 yellow, 5 red), Victory 60 (57 yellow, 3 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – DLLLD (2 points from last 15)
Victory – LWWLW (9 points from last 15)
Jets – Nigel Boogaard (2)
Victory – Besart Berish, Marcos Rojas (4)
Last Result –
Jets 1 (Kitto 37′) – Victory 1 (Berisha 57′) at AAMI Park, A-League, Round 24, 20/3/2016.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 15/16 Round 27
|Newcastle Jets||Melbourne Victory|
|Mark Birighitti||Lawrence Thomas|
|Jason Hoffman||Jason Geria|
|Daniel Mullen||Thomas Deng|
|Nigel Boogaard||Matthieu Delpierre|
|Nick Cowburn||Scott Galloway|
|Mateo Poljak||Leigh Broxham|
|Steven Ugarkovic||Guilherme Finkler|
|Leonardo Vitor Santiago||Oliver Bozanic|
|Enver Alivodic||Jai Ingham|
|Morten Nordstrand||Kosta Barbarouses|
|Ryan Kitto||Besart Berisha|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Victory – Archie Thompson (7)
2016/17 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Mark Jones – 0 wins, Kevin Muscat – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Mark Jones – 0 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = N/A% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 16 matches (10 wins, 2 drawn and 4 losses = 63% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 win, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 wins, 2 drawn, 3 losses = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
Melbourne Victory Coach Record – Kevin Muscat 30% win ratio (3 wins, 4 drawn, 3 losses)
Memorable Match – 3/3/2012. Round 22, Season 2011/12
- The Jets were on a good run in 2012, having lost only once in 6 matches. Facing a Victory team boasting Harry Kewell, the Jets struck after 20 minutes through Ryan Griffiths. Kewell converted a controversial penalty on 24 minutes before youngster Jacob Pepper popped up and scored a double in 9 minutes before half time to give the Jets a 3-1 lead. This would be the final score and continue the Jets mid-season revival and run to the finals.
- The Jets lost 3-1 to Victory in the Round of 32 in this year’s FFA Cup
- Newcastle have conceded the first goal in the last 5 matches.
- The Jets are currently on a 5 match winless streak.
- The Jets are a second half team – scoring 6 goals and conceding just once in the second 45 this season.
- After 7 matches, Jones’ points tally is the same or better than 3 previous seasons.
- Jones ‘ team is scoring at a rate per match higher than Scott Miller’s team (1.2 to 1), while also conceding fewer goals per match (1.4 to 1.5)
- The team is also more disciplined under Jones, having the received only 1.4 bookings per match. Only Nick Theodorakopoulos’ team received fewer (1.14 per match)
- Wayne Brown became the 23rd captain of the Jets in the A-League, last weekend.
- Iain Fyfe (#145) and Ma LeiLei (#146) made their A-League debut’s for the club.
- Ben Kantarovski may equal the record of appearances in the A-League for the Newcastle Jets. The record is currently held by Tarek Elrich (134).
- A Newcastle Jets coach hasn’t lost their first A-League match against the Victory since 2006 (Nick Theodorakopoulos).
- The Jets have never received a penalty in Melbourne when playing the Victory.
- The Jets have scored 149 goals away from home.
- Marcos Rojas has scored 4 goals and provided 2 assists in his last 2 appearances against the Jets.
- Leigh Broxham (24 appearances) may equal Archie Thompson’s record for the most appearances of a Victory player against the Jets.
- Melbourne have had the week off following the postponement of their match against Wellington.