The Squadron FSC Committee representatives met with Newcastle Jets and MJ Stadium officials on Thursday 10th November.
We wish to thank all supporters who contacted us with feedback regarding active support issues. We have been able to negotiate the following items with respect to active support:
- Anyone holding a Jets membership anywhere in the stadium can gain entry into the active support bay at any time without a specialised ticket by simply showing your members card. This negates the need to swap your membership outside the stadium for a specific squadron ticket prior to the match. This will also allow free movement into the bay during the match for those supporters who wish to join in during the game (subject to capacity)
- The active support area will be monitored and access will closed off when capacity is reached. If you wish to join active support, you will need to enter the bay prior to it being closed to prevent overcrowding
- A common sense approach to children purchasing squadron tickets from ticket windows who won’t be required to submit details if accompanied and purchasing with a parent/guardian
- Unfortunately we were unable to get any amendments to purchasing tickets online, only single adult tickets will be available via Ticketmasters website. This is due to Ticketmaster’s system.
- Squadron tickets are available for sale at any ticket window at the stadium on gameday, however there will continue to be a dedicated active support window at the Southern entry gates.
We hope that these measures remove some of the barriers supporters have previously experienced when trying to join active support, and that this will have a positive effect on numbers for future games. We must also sincerely thank both club and stadium officials for their willingness to work with us to improve the experience and attendances for active supporters.
See you for the F3 Derby on Sunday!!!
The Squadron FSC Inc, Committee