2016/2017 Hyundai A-League
Season 12 Round 16
Western Sydney Wanderers vs Newcastle United Jets FC
When: Sunday 22nd January, 2017
Where: Campbelltown Stadium, Cnr of Pembroke Rd & Rose Payten Dr, Leumeah, NSW
Kickoff: 5pm AEDST
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Purchase your tickets in Bay 9 to sit with the away supporters
Join fellow Jets supporters from 3pm at our new venue The Premier Hotel to watch the away game LIVE. All supporters are welcome – u18’s will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
If you sign up to become a Premier Hotel member for $10, you receive $10 in credit on your card. Ask for a membership form at the bar. A Premier Hotel membership gets you a 5% discount on food & drink not only at Premier but also at Junction Hotel & Sunnyside Tavern. You can purchase members only schooner cards – 10 schooners of local tap beers $55 or 10 schooners of craft tap beers $65.
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Grandstand Radio online/app or EON Sports Radio app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy#NTUA #WSWvNEW
Jets Wins – 3, Wanderers Wins – 6, Drawn – 4
Jets Wins – 0, Wanderers Wins – 4, Drawn – 2
In Sydney – 7 matches
Jets Wins – 3, Wanderers Wins – 2, Drawn – 2
Average Home A-League Crowd – 15522
Average Away A-League Crowd – 11330
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 14, Wanderers – 19
In Sydney –
Jets – 10, Wanderers – 9
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 4, Wanderers – 9
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 27 (25 yellow, 2 red), Wanderers 19 (19 yellow, 0 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – WDLWD (8 points from last 15)
Wanderers – DDDLD (4 points from last 15)
Jets – Andrew Nabbout (5)
Wanderers – Brendon Santalab (6)
Last Result –
Jets 2 (Boogaard 81′, Hoole 88′) – Wanderers 2 (Borda 24′, Dimas 45+2′ pen) at Spotless Stadium, A-League, Round 3, 23/10/2016.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 16/17 Round 3
|Newcastle Jets||Western Sydney Wanderers|
|Jack Duncan||Andrew Redmayne|
|Nick Cowburn||Scott Neville|
|Lachlan Jackson||Robert Cornthwaite|
|Nigel Boogaard||Artiz Borda|
|Ivan Vujica||Jack Clisby|
|Steven Ugarkovic||Mitch Nichols|
|Ben Kantarovski||Kearyn Baccus|
|Andrew Nabbout||Jumpei Kusukami|
|Andrew Hoole||Kerem Bulut|
|Devante Clut||Steven Lustica|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Wanderers – Mark Bridge (5)
2016/17 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Mark Jones – 0 wins, Tony Popovic – 0 wins, 1 drawNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Mark Jones – 1 matches (0 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (0 win, 0 drawn, 3 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (1 win, 2 drawn, 0 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 4 matches (1 win, 0 drawn and 3 losses = 25% win ratio)
- Richard Money – No Matches
- Branko Culina – No Matches
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – No Matches
- Craig Deans – No Matches
- Clayton Zane – 2 matches (1 win, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 50% win ratio)
Western Sydney Wanderers Coach Record – Tony Popovic 46% win ratio (6 wins, 4 drawn, 3 losses)
- The Jets 3 wins against the Wanderers have all come away from home.
- The Jets have won 10 points from losing positions this year – the most in one season in their history.
- Newcastle have also scored 22 goals this season – the most at this stage in any season previous.
- They have also scored multiple goals for 6 consecutive weeks. This has only occurred once – a run from Rd 17 to the home semi in 2007/08
- Mark Jones has the second highest goals per game ratio (1.47) of all Jets A-League coaches. He sits behind Clayton Zane (1.58).
- However, his teams also concede the 3rd highest number of goals per game in Jets history – 1.73. He’s ahead of Phil Stubbins (2.04) and Nick Theodorakopoulos (2.29)
- Andrew Hoole, who is suspended for this week’s match, had previously played every minute so far this season – the last remaining Jets outfield player with this record.
- Wayne Brown and John Koutroumbis remain one card away from an automatic suspension.
- Vedran Janjetovic has kept 8 clean sheets in 11 appearances against Newcastle.
- Last week, Adam Taggart became the 24th ex-Jet to score against the club.
- The Jets are 13 games without a clean sheet in the A-League. This is the =3rd highest run in their history. The longest streak is 18 games.
- One-third of the Jets goals against the Wanderers have been scored in the last 15 minutes of the match.
Western Sydney Wanderers
- Wanderers haven’t won at home all season.