2016/2017 Hyundai A-League
Season 12 Round 25
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers FC
When: Saturday 1st April, 2017
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 535pm AEDST (gates open 435pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Prematch: Premier Hotel, 1 Brunker Rd, Broadmeadow from 3pm
Join fellow Jets supporters at The Premier Hotel for pre-match drinks. All supporters are welcome – u18’s will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
If you sign up to become a Premier Hotel member for $10, you receive $10 in credit on your card. Ask for a membership form at the bar. A Premier Hotel membership gets you a 5% discount on food & drink not only at Premier but also at Junction Hotel & Sunnyside Tavern. You can purchase members only schooner cards – 10 schooners of local tap beers $55 or 10 schooners of craft tap beers $65.
Watch: LIVE on FoxSports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Radio online/app or EON Sports app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy #NTUA #NEWvWSW
Jets Wins – 3, Wanderers Wins – 7, Drawn – 4
Jets Wins – 0, Wanderers Wins – 4, Drawn – 2
In Sydney – 8 matches
Jets Wins – 3, Wanderers Wins – 3, Drawn – 2
Average Home A-League Crowd – 15522
Average Away A-League Crowd – 11099
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 14, Wanderers – 21
In Newcastle –
Jets – 4, Wanderers – 10
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 4, Wanderers – 10
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 28 (26 yellow, 2 red), Wanderers 21 (21 yellow, 0 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – LDLLL (1 point from last 15)
Wanderers – WLDWW (10 points from last 15)
Jets – Andrew Nabbout (8)
Wanderers – Brendon Santalab (14)
Last Result –
Newcastle Jets 0 – Western Sydney Wanderers 2 (Scott 44′, Sotirio 68′) at Campbelltown Stadium, A-League, Round 16, Season 2016/17
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 2016/17 Round 16
|Newcastle Jets||Western Sydney Wanderers|
|Jack Duncan||Vedran Janjetovic|
|Jason Hoffman||Scott Neville|
|Nigel Boogaard||Robert Cornthwaite|
|Lachlan Jackson||Jonathan Aspropotamitis|
|Nick Cowburn||Jack Clisby|
|Steven Ugarkovic||Kearyn Baccus|
|Devante Clut||Nicolas Martinez|
|Aleksandr Kokko||Jaushua Sotirio|
|Andrew Nabbout||Mitch Nichols|
|Ma Leilei||Lachlan Scott|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Wanderers – Mark Bridge (5)
2016/17 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Mark Jones – 0 wins, Tony Popovic – 1 win, 1 drawNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Mark Jones – 2 matches (0 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (0 win, 0 drawn, 3 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (1 win, 2 drawn, 0 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 4 matches (1 win, 0 drawn and 3 losses = 25% win ratio)
- Richard Money – No Matches
- Branko Culina – No Matches
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – No Matches
- Craig Deans – No Matches
- Clayton Zane – 2 matches (1 win, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 50% win ratio)
Western Sydney Wanderers Coach Record – Tony Popovic 50% win ratio (7 wins, 4 drawn, 3 losses)
- Newcastle have never defeated the Wanderers in Newcastle.
- The Jets have conceded goal at the rate of 1.92 per match this season – the second worst rate in their history.
- With 9 points left to play for, the team are 8 points from equalling last season’s points tally.
- Newcastle has conceded the first goal on 17 occasions this season.
- The Jets have let in 11 second half goals in the last 5 rounds.
Key Stats from Previous Round (Courtesty of A-Leauge.com.au)
- 12 goals conceded in the last 3 matches equals the previous worst run, achieved in 2014/15 with results of 2-5, 0-0 and 0-7.
- Last weekend’s crowd of 4828 was the lowest attendance, home or away, at any Jets game this season.
- Andrew Hoole became the first Jets player to break 2000 minutes played this season.
- Andrew Nabbout’s 6 goals is the most scored by a player at home in one season since Adam Taggart (12).
- With Poljak’s absence last weekend, John Koutroumbis is current player with the most consecutive appearances for the club. He’s appeared in the last 21 matches.
- Wayne Brown is one match from receiving his second suspension of the season after accruing 7 yellow cards this season.
- The Jets have lost 4 consecutive matches only twice in their history.
- The Jets have scored the first goal in 4 of the last 5 home games.
- Newcastle have conceded 5 first half goals at home this season.
Western Sydney Wanderers
- Brendon Santalab will be missing for Western Sydney after receiving an 8th booking for the season in the last match.