2014/2015 Hyundai A-League
Season 10 Round 16
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Brisbane Roar FC
When: Friday 6th February, 2015
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 740pm AEDST (gates open 630pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Pre-match: District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow from 4pm
ALL supporters are invited to wear a gold item of clothing (ie old Jets jersey or scarf, shirt, etc) if they wish to visually display their dissatisfaction at the current actions of the club administration.
Supporters are reminded that active support is located in Bay 60. Anyone wishing to join Bay 60 for this game needs to hold a Bay 60 Membership or purchase a ticket via ticketmaster or the dedicated Bay 60 sales windows at the Western Stand entrance. When purchasing via the mobile site or app select CATEGORY: 2 Reserved Seating and TICKET: Home Supporters. People with existing memberships in other areas of the stadium can also swap for a single Bay 60 game ticket at the Member Services window at to the Western Stand entrance.
Jets Wins – 12, Roar Wins – 10, Drawn – 7
Jets Wins – 3, Roar Wins – 8, Drawn – 5
Average Home A-League crowd – 9933
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 30, Roar – 33
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 69 (63 Yellow, 6 Red), Roar – 44 (40 Yellow, 4 Red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – LDLLW
Roar – WLDDW
Jets – Joel Griffiths, Jeronimo Neumann, Edson Montano 3. Roar – Henrique – 7
Last Result –
Jets 0 – Roar 4 (Henrique, 49’, 72’, 89’, Steve Lustica 66’) at Hunter Stadium, A-League, Round 5, 08/11/2014.
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Roar – 7 (Reinaldo)
2014/15 SEASON STATISTICS
- 15 David Carney, Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano
- 14 Andrew Hoole
- 13 Jeronimo Neumann, Kew Jaliens
- 12 Zenon Caravella, Jacob Pepper
- 11 Scott Neville
- 10 Ben Kantarovski, Adrian Madaschi, Allan Wesh
- 9 Sam Gallagher, Ben Kennedy
- 8 James Virgili
- 6 Mark Birrighiti , Marco Flores,
- 5 Taylor Regan, Sam Gallaway,
- 4, Billy Celeski,
- 2 Jonny Steele
- 1 Nicholas Cowburn, Radovan Pavicevic
- 3 Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano, Jeronimo Neumann
- 1 Kew Jaliens, Marco Flores
- 3 David Carney
- 2 Andrew Hoole
- 1 Joel Griffiths, Scott Neville, Jacob Pepper, Taylor Regan, Jeronimo Neumann, Adrian Madaschi
- 5 Kew Jaliens
- 4 Adrian Madaschi
- 3 Taylor Regan, Jeronimo Neumann, Andrew Hoole, Edson Montano, James Virgili,
- 2 Jacob Pepper, Marcos Flores, David Carney, Scott Neville Joel Griffiths,
- 1 Jonny Steele, Allan Welsh, Ben Kantarovski, Sam Gallaway, Mitch Cooper, Zenon Caravella,
- 1 Kew Jaliens
Phil Stubbins – 0 wins, Mike Mulvey – 1 win, 0 drawn,
Newcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Phil Stubbins – 1 Match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = -% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 17 matches (9 wins, 3 drawn and 5 losses = 53% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 win, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 wins, 4 drawn, 1 losses = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = 100% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – 0 matches (0 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = -% win ratio)
Brisbane Roar Coach Record – Mike Mulvey 17% win ratio (1 win, 1 drawn, 4 loss).
- The last match against Brisbane the Jets conceded 4 second half goals.
- Our last match was the most goals we have conceded in a first half.
- Kew Jaliens would have been suspended for this match
- The Jets haven’t conceded a goal against Brisbane in 231 minutes of football and have kept 4 clean sheets in 5 matches.
- In 29 matches, the victorious team has won by 1 goal on 16 occasions. The most common score line being 1-0, which has occurred 9 times.
- The Jets have never beaten Brisbane at home on a Friday night.
- The Jets haven’t scored a first half goal against the Roar at home in the last 4 matches.
- The Jets have received 41 bookings and 1 red card this season. Opposition players have only received 10 bookings this season. This is the worst disciplinary record we have had at this stage of a season.
- 7 of the 10 red cards in this fixture have been shown at Hunter Stadium.
- After 15 rounds, the least number of goals the Jets have scored was in Season 6 (11). However this Season is the most number of goals the Jets have conceded with 35 with the next closest being Season 8 with 28.
Jets v Roar Trivia:
1. Henrique one of 3 players to score a hatrick against the Jets. Who are the other 2?
2. Brisbane were the second team to have scored 4 goals in the second half against the Jets. Who was the first team to do this and who were the four scorers?
3. Who are the 10 Jets players to have lead the team out against the Brisbane/Queensland Roar?
Please visit the forums at newcastlefootball.net for the answers to the trivia questions, and to discuss the match.