2015/2016 Hyundai A-League
Season 11 Round 6
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Central Coast Mariners
When: Saturday 14th November, 2015
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 515pm AEDST (gates open 415pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Active support is located in Bay 60. Anyone wishing to enter Bay 60 needs to hold a Bay 60 membership or a valid ticket. If you are already a Jets Member go to Members Services at Western Stand to be issued a gameday Bay 60 ticket. For non-members you can purchase a Bay 60 ticket via ticketmaster or the dedicated Bay 60 ticket window at the Western Stand entrance.
Jets Wins – 9, Mariners Wins – 13, Drawn – 13
Jets Wins – 7, Mariners Wins – 4, Drawn – 6
In Gosford – 17
Jets Wins – 1, Mariners Wins – 9, Drawn – 7
Average Home A-League Crowd – 12810
Average Away A-League Crowd – 11267
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 29, Mariners – 43
In Newcastle –
Jets – 18, Mariners – 15
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 16, Mariners – 16
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 86 (82 yellow, 4 red), Mariners 49 (46 yellow, 3 red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – WLWWL (9 points from last 15)
Mariners – WLLLD (4 points from last 15)
Jets – Milos Trifunovic (3)
Mariners – Roy O’Donovan (3)
Last Result –
Jets 0 – Mariners 0 at Hunter Stadium, A-League, Round 19, 28/02/2015.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 10 Round 19
|Newcastle Jets||Central Coast Mariners|
|Ben Kennedy||Liam Reddy|
|Scott Neville||Storm Roux|
|Taylor Regan||Joshua Rose|
|Daniel Mullen||Zachary Anderson|
|Sam Gallagher||Jacob Poscoliero|
|Enver Alivodic||Nick Montgomery|
|Zenon Caravella||Anthony Caceres|
|Jacob Pepper||Nick Fitzgerald|
|Ki-Je Lee||Liam Rose|
|Edson Montano||Isaka Cernak|
|Mitch Cooper||Fabio Ferreira|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Mariners – Matt Simon (6)
2015/16 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
|10||Leonardo Vitor Santiago||4||4||0||3||334||0||1||0||0||0|
Scott Miller – 0 wins, Tony Walmsley – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 wins, 2 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 17 matches (6 wins, 6 drawn and 5 losses = 35% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 wins, 0 drawn, 2 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 win, 2 drawn, 3 losses = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans -1 Match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = 100% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 2 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
THE REFEREE: – Kris Griffiths-Jones
- Has refereed the Jets 11 time with a W-D-L of 2-3-6
- He has refereed the F3 derby twice, the results being a draw and loss.
- Griffiths-Jones has dished out 3 red cards to Jets players, none to opposition players.
- The Jets last won a Griffiths-Jones officiated match back in Rd26 of season 2012/13
- Griffiths-Jones has awarded 1 penalty to the Jets, compared to 2 for the opposition. One was the Mariners (Flores)
- The last 3 home matches between these teams have been draws.
- The Jets haven’t beaten the Mariners in over 3 years.
- The two matches the Jets have lost this season were from goals scored after the 85th minute.
- The Mariners last win away from home was Season 9, Round 27. That’s 16 matches away from home without a win – 6 of which were draws.
- The Mariners current away streak is 7 losses in the A-league.
- The Jets haven’t had a draw in the last 13 A-League matches. The last draw was the last match against he Mariners.
- Protected Species – A Mariners player has not received a booking in this match in last 3 derbies.
- The last match Paul Izzo played against the Jets was the 7-0 drubbing in Adelaide.
- Ben Kantarovski is closing in on becoming the player with the 3rd highest number of A-League appearances for the Jets. Kantarovski has 111 appearance while Ben Kennedy ahead of him has 114.
- This is the first derby for each coach.
- Gary Van Egmond (second coming), Clayton Zane and Phil Stubbins all lost their first/return F3 derby. Gary Van Egmond (V1) and Craig Deans are the only two Jets coaches to have won their first derby.
- A Mariners coach has never lost their first derby