2013/2014 Hyundai A-League
Season 9 Round 22
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Melbourne Heart FC
The Squadron FSC encourages all supporters to wear pink and donate here or buy a $25 pink shirt produced by the Newcastle Jets in support of the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation on gameday.
When: Saturday 8th March, 2014
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 530pm AEDST (gates open 430pm)
Pre-match: from 2pm District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 1 and FoxSports 1HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand online
Tweet: @newyboys #NTUA #NEWvMHT #PinkDayforBK
Supporters are reminded that active support has relocated to Bay 60 for the remainder of the season. All existing Bay 2 members should have already been sent their new membership cards. If you have not received this please contact the club on 4979 7611 . Anyone with a membership in another bay who wishes to join Bay 60 for this game also needs to contact the club to organise a temporary ticket for this game. Any other supporters simply need to purchase a ticket for Bay 60 via the above link.
Overall - 11 games between the two teams
Jets Wins – 5, Heart Wins – 4, Draws – 2
In Newcastle - 6 games
Jets Wins – 4, Heart Wins – 1, Draws – 1
Last Result -
Jets 1 (Regan 37) – 3 Heart (Ramsay 44, Dugandzic 45, 68) in Melbourne, Round 15.
Biggest Win –
Jets 3 (Brockie 23, R Griffiths 47, Bridges 76) – Melbourne Heart 0, Round 19, Season 7 at Hunter Stadium, 11/02/2012.
Heaviest Defeat –
Jets 0 – Melbourne Heart 3 (Fred 66, Dugandzic 73, Behich 85), Round 6, Season 7 at AAMI Park, 12/11/2011.
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Jets – 6 (Ryan Griffiths), Melbourne Heart – 5 (Mate Dugandzic)
Coaches Head to Head –
Newcastle Jets Coaching Records –
Craig Deans – 1 match (1 win, 0 draws and 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
Gary Van Egmond – 7 matches (3 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses = 43% win ratio)
Branko Culina – 3 matches (1 win, 1 draws and 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
Average Home crowd – 9856
- The Jets have won the last 4 matches at home against the Melbourne Heart.
- The Heart’s recent good run of form started with a win over the Jets in Round 15.
- The Jets have never been behind at half-time, at home, against the Heart.
- The Jets have scored two or more goals against the Heart at home in their last 4 matches and have scored against the Heart in the last 6 matches in total.
- The Jets have received almost twice as many bookings as the Heart (35-18) and have never had a match in which a player hasn’t been booked.
- Ruben Zadkovich is the most booked player in this clash with 3 bookings.
- Adam Taggart became the second ever Jets player to reach double figures for goals scored in a season.
- The last match against the Heart would prove to be the final match in charge for Gary Van Egmond.
- Peter Green and Ryan Shepeard have both officiated two victories for the Jets.
- Two players have been dismissed during this clash – Jobe Wheelhouse and Curtis Good. Wheelhouse was dismissed after 8 minutes but the jets went on to win with 10-men 2-0 thanks to goals from Jeffers and Jesic.
- The next match will see Ruben Zadkovich become the equal 5th most capped Jets player with 92 appearances, level with Labinot Haliti.
The Referee – TBA