2016/2017 Hyundai A-League
Season 12 Round 24
Wellington Phoenix FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC
When: Sunday 26th March, 2017
Where: Westpac Stadium, 105 Waterloo Quay, Wellington, NZ
Kickoff: 5pm AEDST (local time 7pm)
Tickets: Ticketek Link
Purchase your tickets in Bay 36 to sit with fellow away supporters
Join fellow Jets supporters from 3pm at our venue – The Premier Hotel – to watch the away game LIVE. All supporters are welcome – u18’s will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
If you sign up to become a Premier Hotel member for $10, you receive $10 in credit on your card. Ask for a membership form at the bar. A Premier Hotel membership gets you a 5% discount on food & drink not only at Premier but also at Junction Hotel & Sunnyside Tavern. You can purchase members only schooner cards – 10 schooners of local tap beers $55 or 10 schooners of craft tap beers $65.
Watch: LIVE on FoxSports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Grandstand Radio online/app or EON Sports Radio app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy #NTUA #WELvNEW
Jets Wins – 9, Phoenix Wins – 16, Drawn – 5
Jets Wins – 6, Phoenix Wins – 6, Drawn – 2
In New Zealand – 16 matches
Jets Wins – 3, Phoenix Wins – 10, Drawn – 3
Average Home A-League Crowd – 9692
Average Away A-League Crowd – 8767
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 38, Phoenix – 58
In New Zealand –
Jets – 12, Phoenix – 34
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 11, Phoenix – 18
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 60 (53 yellow, 7 red), Phoenix 48 (44 yellow, 4 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – DLDLL (2 points from last 15)
Phoenix – LLWDL (4 points from last 15)
Jets – Andrew Nabbout (8)
Phoenix – Roy Krishna (11)
Last Result –
Newcastle Jets 2 (Hoole 48′, Nabbout 62′) – Wellington Phoenix 2 (Barbarouses 35′, Finkler 50′) at McDonald Jones Stadium, A-League, Round 12, Season 2016/17
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 2016/17 Round 12
|Newcastle Jets||Wellington Phoenix|
|Jack Duncan||Glen Moss|
|Jason Hoffman||Jacob Tratt|
|Daniel Mullen||Andrew Durante|
|Nigel Boogaard||Marco Rossi|
|Ivan Vujica||Thomas Doyle|
|Wayne Brown||Vince Lia|
|Steven Ugarkovic||Roly Bonevacia|
|Mateo Poljak||Guilherme Finkler|
|Andrew Hoole||Kosta Barbarouses|
|Andrew Nabbout||Roy Krishna|
|Devante Clut||Adam Parkhouse|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Phoenix – Shane Smeltz (6)
2016/17 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Mark Jones – 0 wins, Des Buckingham – 0 wins, 0 drawn
Newcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Mark Jones – 2 matches (0 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (3 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 12 matches (3 wins, 3 drawn and 6 losses = 25% win ratio)
- Richard Money – No matches
- Branko Culina – 7 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 5 losses = 29% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – No Matches
- Craig Deans – 1 Match (0 win, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 2 matches (1 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 50% win ratio)
- The Jets have lost in Wellington only twice in the last 5 seasons.
- Newcastle have lost their last 4 matches on the road.
- Newcastle haven’t scored the first goal on the road all season – 11 matches.
Key Stats from Previous Round (Courtesty of A-Leauge.com.au)
- Of the 6 shots the Jets had, 1 was on target and 1 was taken from inside the box.
- The Jets had 39% possession and completed 67.5% of their passes in the opposition half. City achieved 78%.
- City have defeated the Jets 4-0 in each of the last 3 seasons.
- Bruno Fornaroli has scored 8 goals in 6 appearances against the Jets. The 8 goals have been scored in the last 5 appearances. He’s now the players with the 3rd most goals against the Jets in the A-League.
- Fornaroli now joins Shane Smeltz as the player to have scored 3 doubles in matches against the Jets – the most of any opposition player.
- Andrew Nabbout was offside 4 times.
- Andrew Hoole drew 7 fouls – the most in the game.
- Andrew Hoole has won 69 fouls for the Jets this year – the most in the team. Morten Nordstrand is second with 29.
- Hoole has also conceded the most fouls in the team, with 42.
- Newcastle have conceded 7 penalties in the last 11 matches.
- The 8 penalties the Jets have conceded this year is the most of any previous season in the club’s history.
- Newcastle have failed to keep a clean sheet on the road in the last 15 matches.
- The Jets have had a total of 2 shots on target in their last 2 matches.
- Wellington will be missing a number of key players due to the international week.
- Wellington are winless in their last 4 home matches.
- A Wellington manager has never won their first match in charge against the Jets.