2014/2015 Hyundai A-League
Season 10 Round 5
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Melbourne Victory FC
When: Saturday 11th November, 2014
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 5pm AEDST (gates open 4pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Pre-match: District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow from 2pm
Supporters are reminded that active support is located to Bay 60. Anyone wishing to join Bay 60 for this game needs to hold a Bay 60 Membership or purchase a ticket via ticketmaster or the sales windows behind the Western Stand. People with existing memberships in other areas of the stadium can also swap for a single Bay 60 game ticket at the ticket window behind the Western Stand.
Jets Wins – 12, Victory Wins – 9, Drawn – 6
Jets Wins – 7, Victory Wins – 2, Drawn – 4
Average Home A-League crowd – 10570
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 40, Victory – 40
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 48 (44 Yellow, 4 Red), Victory – 44 (41 Yellow, 3 Red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – LLDLL
Victory – WLWDW
Jets – Edson Montano, Joel Griffiths, Jeronimo Neumann 1, Victory – Besart Berisha – 4
Last Result –
Jets 2 (Taggart 18’, Leijer 22’o.g) – Victory 2 (Milligan 21’, Milligan 86’ pen) at Hunter Stadium, A-League, Round 26, 05/04/2014 .
Jets 0 – 5 (Rojas 8’, Leijer 15’, Milligan 30’ pen, Milligan 55’ pen, Rojas 66’), Round 23, Season 8, 03/03/2013
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Victory – 7 (Archie Thompson)
2014/15 SEASON STATISTICS
- 4 Mark Birrighiti, Kew Jaliens, Sam Gallagher, David Carney, Jacob Pepper, Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano, Andrew Hoole, Jeronimo Neumann
- 3 Scott Neville, Taylor Regan, James Virgili, Zenon Caravella, Marco Flores
- 2 Jonny Steele,
- 1 Sam Gallaway, Allan Wesh, Ben Kantarovski
- 1 Edson Montano, Joel Griffiths, Jeronimo Neumann
- 1 Joel Griffiths, Scott Neville, Jacob Pepper
- 2 Taylor Regan, Jeronimo Neumann, Jacob Pepper
- 1 Marcos Flores, Jonny Steele, Kew Jaliens, Edson Montano, David Carney
Phil Stubbins – 0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses
Kevin Muscat – 0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 lossesNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Phil Stubbins – 0 Matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 loss = -% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 16 matches (10 wins, 2 drawn and 4 losses = 19% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 win, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 wins, 2 drawn, 3 losses = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – 0 matches (0 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = -% win ratio)
Melbourne Victory Coach Record – Kevin Muscat 25% win ratio (1 win, 2 drawn, 1 loss).
- The Jets haven’t lost to Melbourne in the last 6 matches in Newcastle. The last loss was in Season 5.
- The Jets haven’t kept a clean sheet in the last 11 matches against Melbourne Victory.
- The Jets have NEVER been behind at half time at home in this fixture.
- The Victory have only scored 3 first half goals in Newcastle.
- Nathan Coe hasn’t kept a clean sheet at Hunter Stadium, and only kept 1 clean sheet in 6 appearances against the Jets.
- Ben Kennedy has kept 2 clean sheets against Melbourne in 10 appearances, while Mark Birighitti is yet to keep a clean sheet in 5 appearances. Kennedy has conceded an average of 1.5 goals per match, while Birighitti has conceded 2.2 per match.
- Jeronimo Neumann became the 52nd A-League scorer for the Newcastle Jets last weekend.
- The Jets, on average, score a goal in the first half at home.
- Newcastle have never lost at home to the Victory on a Saturday.
- Both matches in Newcastle when Kevin Muscat has coached have been drawn.
- There has been a Melbourne Victory own goal in their last two visits to Hunter Stadium.
- There have been 2 or more goals scored in the last 11 fixtures between these clubs.
- The Jets have scored the first goal in the last 3 meetings.
- The Jets have only received 2 penalties against the Victory, converting one. The Victory, however, have received 5.
- This weekend will be Mark Birighitti’s 50th appearance for the Jets.
Jets v Victory Trivia:
1. Adam, Joel or Ryan – Who has the most bookings, and how many have they had, in this fixture?
2. Who is the only Jets player to have missed a penalty against the Victory?
3. Keeper Condundrum – Who has kept the most clean sheets against the Victory during their time wit h the Jets – Liam Reddy, Ante Covic or Ben Kennedy?
Please visit the forums at newcastlefootball.net for the answers to the trivia questions, and to discuss the match.